Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Who is searching for work atm? I am for sure I did like 4 onlines today, I'm soo proud of myself uh huh!!! But I will tell you I hate the 'questions' I mean how many times do they need my SNN and birthday information. Can I be the guy that makes up the lovely 'personality' questions such as these ones.

"Do you like to talk a lot" (yeah...)
"If you found $50 would you...." (it would be my lucky day)
"Do you love to talk to people" (no I luv to be in the caves alone deep within the jungle yeah)

One more question about my SNN and birthday I will crack :p hahaha

Pray that I get hired soon and tell me about your job hunting experiences if you are currently looking for work :)

God Bless,
Drew

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
A wise man once told me, "The only thing worse than having a job, is looking for one."

I feel your pain.

uh huh!! I should have never quit my 'hotel' gig but they didn't really *like* me there to be honest...

I could in my free time in searching for work start writing my best seller novels then ^_^ then when i ever get published and people ask me what inspired you I can say 'Because I needed a job that I love plus I was tired of doing those online apps lol'

Regards,
Drew

Upvote 0

rodgeam

Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear you. And many online appications also have like 70 additional questions devoted to how you handle situations, etc. Every application has pretty much the same questions. I wish I could fill out one standard application and submit it to everybody.

But anyway, my job search ended today thank goodness. I'm currently full time night auditor for the local marriott. I can't take third shift anymore (it was great while I was in class this spring though)...too boring, tired of working nights, and the security guards are very creepy. So today I talked to my old boss at one of the vet clinics I used to work for, and in a few weeks I'll be rehired there working fulltime with much better pay than when I last worked there. I've really missed being a vet tech, so I'm happy =)

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

I've gotten five or six job offers while working at my current job at the gas station. As soon as I get all this crap with my legal papers worked out, I'll be jumping on those offers.

I could...

...put up pool siding (lots of physical labor! ack!)
...deliver pizzas (very cool job I've done before.)
...work with data entry for the city (if it weren't for the injuries on my thigh, great!)
...work for an airport parking service (hauling luggage for huge tips)
...work for Wal-Mart (ehhh...)

For now, I don't mind my job, but I'm not going to make a career out of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

Marycita

I used to be job hunting, but then I just gave up. Constantly being rejected is not easy for me.

Miss Hannah Banana...how are you chica? :)

Anyway - I'm looking for a job right now..and it's rotten...like no where is hiring...well very few places..

and this one place..I had an interview..then had to take an eight part test..then after I passed that, had to have another interview...and they said they would call me no later than today ..they haven't called yet..

which I guess i shouldn't complain ...because after all this (for a place called "Family Video" with an adult room)..just doesn't seem worth it..but ARGH...

I'm not frustrated at all :p

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've gotten five or six job offers while working at my current job at the gas station. As soon as I get all this crap with my legal papers worked out, I'll be jumping on those offers.

I could...

...put up pool siding (lots of physical labor! ack!)
...deliver pizzas (very cool job I've done before.)
...work with data entry for the city (if it weren't for the injuries on my thigh, great!)
...work for an airport parking service (hauling luggage for huge tips)
...work for Wal-Mart (ehhh...)

For now, I don't mind my job, but I'm not going to make a career out of it.

You're near Chicago right?

If Bolingbrook isn't too far for you, shoot me a copy of your resume?

PM me if you're interested, I'll give you an e-mail address and see if there's anything I can do for you and/or if there's anything you'd want that I can offer.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Good luck with the interview Drew! I've only been unemployed a few times since I was 17. Only one of the times I was unemployed was b/c I was jobless - the rest of the times it was by choice.

Maybe put your resume in with a temp agency - it gets you some money in the short-term and they can help you find a permanent job. I found a really good job that way.

Upvote 0

Mark2010

Nov 9, 2005
✟6,262.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yay for Drew!! Best wishes to you, mate.

This week was my first after being laid off. I found four career positions online that I think would be a good fit for me. I sorted through all my materials and put together a good package (kind of like a highlight tape of my best stuff) and mailed them out. I also emailed the hiring managers to let them know I was interested. So maybe will hear something in a week or two.

Upvote 0