New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm winding down from my 4th job in a year and feel like a loser. I keep resigning for different reasons, too fast-paced, terrible memory, cruel boss, mislead about the position..etc. If feels good to get this out. ((Sigh))

I've mostly been a stay-at-home homeschool mom and now that the hubby retired from the military it was understood that I'm to have a job and he would stay home because I spent years at home earning online degrees (Christian Ministry & Human Service degrees) with my GI Bill. I thought I would do so well working outside the home too, but it has been a trial. I'm not good with people (I'm too easily offended or I fear I easily offend), bring work home(overthinking), have had memory issues (getting better), and recent inflammation (working on it). Physically, I've become a bit of mess this last year.

Internally, I miss being a homeschool mom. My heart wants to both homeschool my teens myself, clean my house well (hubby cleans but not like I do), and succeed outside the home. Now I feel displaced like I do not belong at home because that's the hubby's domain , yet I do not seem to fit into the workforce too well. It's a yucky feeling not having a firm position in life. The hubby has seen my struggles to work hard, fit in, not overthink, manage stress, and find time for family. I'm exhausted after work in ways the hubby does not relate as he is much more outgoing.

My husband is more open to me coming back home now after lots of marriage struggles since I started working outside the home. Technically, we can afford for me to stay home now that he has a part-time job but it will take adjustments. I feel like I'm letting my family and myself down by not working outside the house but I'm not sure what else I can do so I can sleep through the night more consistently.

I'm hoping to find an online job or a hybrid online job but we have slower internet options where we live now. I at least kept an online job for a couple of years during part of my homeschool mom time. If I can get an online job, I'll be more free to fast (which helps with my inflammation), not be so weary of people and better manage work I hope. Praying.

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm winding down from my 4th job in a year and feel like a loser. I keep resigning for different reasons, too fast-paced, terrible memory, cruel boss, mislead about the position..etc. If feels good to get this out. ((Sigh))

I've mostly been a stay-at-home homeschool mom and now that the hubby retired from the military it was understood that I'm to have a job and he would stay home because I spent years at home earning online degrees (Christian Ministry & Human Service degrees) with my GI Bill. I thought I would do so well working outside the home too, but it has been a trial. I'm not good with people (I'm too easily offended or I fear I easily offend), bring work home(overthinking), have had memory issues (getting better), and recent inflammation (working on it). Physically, I've become a bit of mess this last year.

Internally, I miss being a homeschool mom. My heart wants to both homeschool my teens myself, clean my house well (hubby cleans but not like I do), and succeed outside the home. Now I feel displaced like I do not belong at home because that's the hubby's domain , yet I do not seem to fit into the workforce too well. It's a yucky feeling not having a firm position in life. The hubby has seen my struggles to work hard, fit in, not overthink, manage stress, and find time for family. I'm exhausted after work in ways the hubby does not relate as he is much more outgoing.

My husband is more open to me coming back home now after lots of marriage struggles since I started working outside the home. Technically, we can afford for me to stay home now that he has a part-time job but it will take adjustments. I feel like I'm letting my family and myself down by not working outside the house but I'm not sure what else I can do so I can sleep through the night more consistently.

I'm hoping to find an online job or a hybrid online job but we have slower internet options where we live now. I at least kept an online job for a couple of years during part of my homeschool mom time. If I can get an online job, I'll be more free to fast (which helps with my inflammation), not be so weary of people and better manage work I hope. Praying.

I've job hopped quite a bit myself and I can relate, it's purely frustrating. What work exactly is it that you prefer? If you prefer homeschooling, have you looked into any options of homeschooling other children along with your own? If you're on Facebook I've heard that there are homeschooling pods. Maybe you can look into that option in your state and see what's around. You can try teaching online as well, that may be easier for you. Job hopping is frustrating and stressful, but don't give up, God has a plan and a place for you. Finding a good workplace is not easy. Getting out of the stress and recognizing that it's not a good environment is better than sticking in a job for years that ends up costing you your health. That happens to too many people unfortunately. When you pray, remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jeremiah 29:11 and pray accordingly for God to reveal His will to you. He will lead you (Ps. 23), it's just that the journey is not always smooth. But He will lead you.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,169.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I think if you're trying to go into paid employment for the first time after many years being at home, it's not surprising that it's difficult. It's a very different way of life, and it comes with a lot of demands that it would take time to adjust to. And each workplace has a different culture and a different set of norms and expectations. (I'm kind of saying, it's not necessarily that you're doing so badly, but that anyone would be likely to find that a difficult transition).

I wonder if it might help to seek part time work, to start with? That way the transition might be easier, and you can learn and adapt before deciding if you want to step up to full time or not.

Upvote 0