Jewish members who visit CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Did you know that for the purposes of the messianic forum, apparently now the non-Jewish Messianic Gentiles forum members are being considered Messianic Jews here? I received a PM this morning stating that for the purposes of the MJ forum it is not necessary for a Gentile to actually go through the conversion process in order to call themselves a Jew. A non-Jewish Gentile may consider, proclaim, insist he is a Jew by nothing but "cuz I said so" in the Messianic forum here, apparently.

How do you feel about this? I think this is replacement theology at its most deceptive.

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I think it is very sad that this deceptive practice is allowed to take place here. I have no trouble with disagreement at all and in fact learn much from those with whom I disagree. But what would hope for is honesty and integrity. If that least that is not there, there is absolutely no point to engaging in further discussion.

So a gentile becomes a Jew when they post here, huh? Why would a gentile be so offended at being called a gentile anyway? Its like when I hear from some segments of the Messianic world that they are highly offended at being called Christian. I always feel bad for the rest of Christians that they are looked upon with such disdain.

Upvote 0

Druweid

{insert witty phrase}
Aug 13, 2005
Massachusetts
✟19,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you know that for the purposes of the messianic forum, apparently now the non-Jewish Messianic Gentiles forum members are being considered Messianic Jews here?
I guess from the Christian POV, you are both equally in need of saving, so the difference is negligible.

Just a thought,
-- Druweid

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess from the Christian POV, you are both equally in need of saving, so the difference is negligible.

Just a thought,
-- Druweid

Quite right. If one accepts Biblical teaching on the issue, then one must accept that Jews are also sinners separated from God, and can only be redeemed by faith in Jesus Christ. Contrary to modern ecumenical movements, a Jewish faith in a vague "messiah to come" is not sufficient for salvation. Jews, as well as Gentiles, must confess the name of Jesus in order to be saved. And anyone who confesses his name is grafted into the Abrahamic covenant, and made part of God's people Israel.

From a practical standpoint, what does it matter if a person is ethnically Jewish or not? This concerns me as little as discussions on what constitutes a black person. What matters is whether a person belongs to Christ or not.

Upvote 0

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Quite right. If one accepts Biblical teaching on the issue, then one must accept that Jews are also sinners separated from God, and can only be redeemed by faith in Jesus Christ. Contrary to modern ecumenical movements, a Jewish faith in a vague "messiah to come" is not sufficient for salvation. Jews, as well as Gentiles, must confess the name of Jesus in order to be saved. And anyone who confesses his name is grafted into the Abrahamic covenant, and made part of God's people Israel.

From a practical standpoint, what does it matter if a person is ethnically Jewish or not? This concerns me as little as discussions on what constitutes a black person. What matters is whether a person belongs to Christ or not.

And I'm sure we all understand you're views on the subject of Jews. But that aside, you don't think its a little strange that Gentiles would want to claim to be Jews? Or that someone would get in trouble for stating that Gentiles are Gentiles?

BTW, How've you been arunma? Its been a long time since I've been in a thread with you. :)

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully, G-d sees it differently ;) .

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is very sad that this deceptive practice is allowed to take place here. I have no trouble with disagreement at all and in fact learn much from those with whom I disagree. But what would hope for is honesty and integrity. If that least that is not there, there is absolutely no point to engaging in further discussion.

So a gentile becomes a Jew when they post here, huh? Why would a gentile be so offended at being called a gentile anyway? Its like when I hear from some segments of the Messianic world that they are highly offended at being called Christian. I always feel bad for the rest of Christians that they are looked upon with such disdain.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a quote from the thread in the Messianic Forum you are discussing:
The wording definitely makes it seem as though to be a Messianic Jew somehow makes a person Jewish, and that simply isn't so.

It seems that they think if you are calling yourself a "Messianic Jew" you
aren't really calling yourself a Jew.

Why don't they just call themselves "Messianic Gentiles" or "Messianic Believers"?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is a quote from the thread in the Messianic Forum you are discussing:

It seems that they think if you are calling yourself a "Messianic Jew" you
aren't really calling yourself a Jew.

Why don't they just call themselves "Messianic Gentiles" or "Messianic Believers"?
Shalom ChavaK :kiss:
Why not just plain ole Christ-ian :D

Acts 26:28 The yet Agrippa toward the Paul said "In few me thou are persuading a Christian to become"?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
From a practical standpoint, what does it matter if a person is ethnically Jewish or not?

Because it is offensive to Judaism and Jews for those who are
not Jews, and who hold beliefs that go against Jewish beliefs,
to call themselves Jews.

Would it not offend you if, let's say, a Muslim called himself a Christian,
because he accepts the idea that Jesus is messiah? Especially when
that is all he has in common with your faith, and his concept of what
the messiah is is different from what Christianity holds?

Does it bother you if Mormons call themselves Christians?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Shalom ChavaK :kiss:
Why not just plain ole Christ-ian :D

Acts 26:28 The yet Agrippa toward the Paul said "In few me you are persuading a Christian to become"

Hey Lamb! :wave:

Because they do not see themselves as Christians, are offended at
being called as such....which I still don't understand.

They can call themselves what they want, as long as it is NOT Jewish,
or anything related ( "Israelite", "Hebrew")....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Lamb! :wave:

Because they do not see themselves as Christians, are offended at
being called as such....which I still don't understand.

They can call themselves what they want, as long as it is NOT Jewish,
or anything related ( "Israelite", "Hebrew")....
If I was an Orthodox Jew, I would feel the same way. Shalom. :groupray:

http://users.aristotle.net/~bhuie/lazarus.htm

Matthew 3:9 "And think not to say within yourselves, 'a father we are having, the Abraham'. For I am saying to ye, that is able, the GOD/YHWH, out of the stones, these, to rouse offspring to the Abraham".

Luke 16:24 And he sounding said: "Father Abraham! be thou merciful to-me! and send Lazarus!, that he should be dipping the tip of the finger of him of water, and should be cooling down the tongue of me,--that I am being pained in the flame, this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeratTzedek

Meaning Righteous Proselyte to Judaism
Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just for the record, it is important to make distinctions in the messianic world. The messianic forum has always been top heavy with One Law adherents. This is a newer development, and a smaller group. It is considered a dangerous heterodoxy by both the major Messianic Jewish denominations. While Messianic Judaism makes a noted distinction between the status of Jews and gentiles, the One Law movement is frought with its own variety supersessionism. THIS is where they get the notion that they are "Jews."

Do I find it offensive? Yes, it makes me want to throw up. When I was involved in Messianic Judaism it made me want to throw up. I tried fighting it like crazy in the Messianic forum. I made very clear statements while there that ALL forms of replacement theology were my sore spot, and that any gentile claiming anything beyond the graft metaphor, meaning any gentile claiming to actually be a PART of Israel or to be a Jew, was not only acting dispicably, but supporting a doctrine that nurtures anti-Semitism and leads to the deaths of Jews.

I'm sure that all rings a bell for those who remember my stint on the forum.

You will remember, I went so far as to get supersessionism banned. I went through the ropes, asked carefully the proper way to make changes in the wiki to get supersessionism banned. [decided to edit this section out. way too ugly.]

Why any of you continue to hang out there is beyond me. I consider that forum to be a totally lost cause. I think it's like addiction for y'all! LOL Yeap, ya know its bad fur ya, but you just gotta have that smoke!;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeratTzedek

Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This IS what they are SUPPOSED to be doing. And actually it's what most do. It is only the occasional few that step over the boundary and says they are a Messianic Jew. But it happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeratTzedek

Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cyberlizard's site that he hawks is the worst. I've read that his group claims that baptism makes a gentile into a Jew. Somehow, even though it is a mere handful of people on the internet, it managed to get mentioned on Wikepedia as though it has actual credibility.

Upvote 0

GeratTzedek

Aug 5, 2007
Los Angeles area
Visit site
✟6,003.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It matters to G-d, if you believe Scripture.

Genesis 17 -- the EVERLASTING Covenant between G-d and Abraham AND HIS DESCENDENTS
1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless. 2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers."

3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4 "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God." 9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.