• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jesus took the ocd away from me

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when I was going through all the terror and anguish of ocd , I was so scared

to read the bible

or go to church

or pray

I did type out some pages of scripture that gave me hope and then took them and got them blown up and laminated.

I prayed even when it terrified me and for a long time all I could do was keep saying Jesus help me

and quote a few scriptures over and over

like nothing is impossible for God

and Jesus said he that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.

seek and you will find.

the Lord has never forsaken those who seek Him.

Some of those verses

also he that believeth on Me has everlasting life

hope is not disappointed.

behold I make all things new.

you are accepted in the beloved

I heard these above two in my spirit one day, not in my mind

if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I felt so hopeless, I just kept hoping I had a sliver of hope.

The terror and anguish was so unbearable I jarred awake at night.
My dad had died and the terror started that day, and then my mom was dying also and died four months after my dad died.

I knew my only hope was that Jesus take me out of this , because it was way too big for me, I was helpless and totally without strength

I felt like my faith had been snatched away and replaced by a horrible terror and anguish in one day

and the terror kept on 24/7 for over two years

I was scared that the promises in the bible did not apply to me because I thought my faith was gone

however I knew a few things maybe I could hold onto

nothing is impossible with God
so I was not impossible

the Lord has never forsaken those who seek Him
I loved that verse

if I seek Him He will never forsake me
because He said it and He is Truth

mercy triumphs over justice

and hope is not disappointed

Why did I go through that, not sure.

Maybe an example of God's love and mercy and how He can save from anything.
The people around me know it is a complete miracle from Jesus , just as I know.

As I was ruined and in the miry clay

but like King David said

my soul fainted unless I believed I would see the goodness of God in the land of the living

it certainly hindered my ability to think or function
however I realized that I needed Jesus so bad that I had to keeping hoping and searching for Him and hoping even if I stayed that way til I died, I would never give up.
Also on top of that it was better for my family to see me in that state and still searching and hoping than to ever see me give up.

I was devasted and ruined and had so much terror and pain and without faith and without strength, truly only Jesus could fix me and I knew that, if only He would.

I prayed Jesus if you will, you can make me whole, I prayed it in my mind,in my heart I cried it out.I begged to Jesus to soften my heart and reveal His mercy and Truth to Me and who He is and to restore my soul.

Jesus , by His great mercy and compassion and power and love, set me free and set my feet upon a Rock, He healed my brokenheart and delivered me and set me at liberty and gave me rest and restored me soul, and lead me to still waters.What a wonderful and Mighty Saviour He is.He is my Lord and my Master and my God.

Reactions: God is good

The Penitent Man

the penitent man shall pass
Nov 11, 2009
Clarkson, Ontario
✟16,654.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Lord cured you of your OCD?

Awesome! :thumbsup: :clap::clap::clap:

I don't have OCD myself but I do have a double-diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. It's never occurred to me to ask Jesus to cure me of these things. I've lived with them for so long, I just take them for granted. Would the Lord cure me of Asperger's and Bipolar if I asked Him to? How do I knowe that I'm not supposed to have these things in my life? I think of them as my cross.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I don't have OCD myself but I do have a double-diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. It's never occurred to me to ask Jesus to cure me of these things. I've lived with them for so long, I just take them for granted. Would the Lord cure me of Asperger's and Bipolar if I asked Him to? How do I knowe that I'm not supposed to have these things in my life? I think of them as my cross.

Ask! The worst that can happen is that He will say that you, like Paul, must have a thorn in your side (which is a blessing).

But ASK! The worst that can happen is that you won't get it. But if you don't ask, you won't get it either.

Matthew 7:7 says: "Ask and it will be given to you" so just ask!

:groupray:

Lord, Father, God, I love you! I know you are Jehovah Jireh. I love you Lord, so much, I love you! I agree with this brother in Christ. When he asks, please show him your miracle working power and deliver him from Asbergers and Bipolar Disorder!
Psalm 51 says: 16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17 The sacrifices of God are [c] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.
Thank you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Now go to Psalm 51:23 He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me,
and he prepares the way
so that I may show him [b] the salvation of God."

So after you ask, start offering thank offerings to honor Him, so he can show you the salvation of God!

God bless you! Let us know about your healings!
:amen:

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou for that. What you wrote encouraged me. May God do the same for all of us!

One question: Are you completely better? Your OCD - did it relapse ever?

A couple times after reading something painful,it seemed like it tried to , however I went off by myself and prayed and prayed and then it was gone.That was more just hurt and the fear trying to connect with the hurt I think.However if it was trying to come back, it could not, I went outside by myself to pray and knew God would lift those feelings and He did.So I am cured.However this evening I began to read something very painful, but I quit reading it because it was too hard, and felt a tad of it, but reminded myself I am in God's hand and protected and safe and that was it , gone.
So I am cured of it, however a few times this year I had to pray through and that was it.After over two years of horror.
I am happy that encouraged you
blessings

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Luke 18
1And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint

Matthew 7:11
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Mathew 11
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shelovesChrist

Jan 21, 2010
✟15,630.00
Faith
Baptist
Jesus , by His great mercy and compassion and power and love, set me free and set my feet upon a Rock, He healed my brokenheart and delivered me and set me at liberty and gave me rest and restored me soul, and lead me to still waters.What a wonderful and Mighty Saviour He is.He is my Lord and my Master and my God.

Amen. I'm truly glad that the Lord is using you. You are delivered and are helping us in the midst of these trials and I'm truly grateful and thankful for all your posts. You have a tender nature and please continue to encourage us and pray for us!

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou,
I am free from religious ocd
but still struggle with other illnesses.
I have trials and issues in my life and will til I die.I am still healing from lots.

You have been tender and very supportive and kind and helpful also and such a huge help to us also.Thankyou so much

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.