Jesus, questions.

Who was he? Who is he? what did he teach? how did he act? etc. i am leading a couple of men's discipleship groups and starting in May we will be doing a study of Jesus. i have to come up with questions that men might ask, or things we need to know about Jesus. so i am asking for help in coming up with a curriculum and guide. if you have the answer to your questions please give only the scripture where it may be found. use both old and new testament.open ended study, doesn't matter how long it takes us. thank you so much for your help. with much love in Christ, michael.

OldStudent

Feb 24, 2007
central Ohio
✟8,188.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How many doctoral theses are you planning to write by May? ;) "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" Jn 21:25.

1 jn 4:8, 16 God is love. Each study could start with this opener as all fruitful study will say something to fill out this basic axiom.
Jn 10:30 I and my Father are one
jn 1:1-3, 14; Col 1:15-17; Gen 1,2 Creator of all
Col 1:14; Matt 1:21 Redeemer
Matt 22:37 Lord. (do word search) Define. Discuss personal application of Lordship
Matt 11:19; Lk 12:4; Jn 15:14; Jn 15:15 Friend
Rom 8:27 (do search on “intercess*”) intercessor
Heb 1-7 a treatise on Jesus
Watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_7j32zgNw

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1JOzGEUuA

You wanted both OT and NT. The Hebrews passage will lead you to several OT passages from which you can fan out further. Use of margins will also help.

For some reason the second link doesn't work right. If you open the link shown at the top of the second link icon it should take you to another excellent link of Pastor SM Lockridge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, no thesis. we have been meeting for two years now, using some excellent books to guide us in behaving more like Jesus, having the atitudes and character. but i don't want to forget the main source, the Bible. i will be giving our groups the questions i get from ya all. then for the next weeks meeting each of us will come prepared to discuss the answer and how it impacts us today. first couple weeks is mainly background on Jesus. after that it gets i to using what Jesus say's in our daily lives. like, was Jesus mean and contentous? then that question a.d answers will be discussed the next week. i'm not smart enough to come up with all questions. that is why i ask u allfor help. need more questions than answers. designed to keep men in Gods word. so far there are 14 of us. not restricted to men only in our church. have even had hindu wanting to learn more. to hindu indians have turned to Christ and been baptized

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you can only truly teach another the things that God , by his Holy Spirit , has revealed to you .

get your group to ask questions .. write them down

do not try to answer all the questions on the night .
teach your group patience -

much knowledge can be piled up in a short time- but not learned in the heart

take the questions to the lord in prayer and ask him which one he would like to answer
then ask him for understanding

he loves it when we do this - then wait and he will give you revelation type comprehension of the questions he desires for you to speak on .

God ,by His holy Spirit ,is the source of knowledge and wisdom ..

man and books are not -they only pass on pieces of the puzzles and they may not be what your group needs to hear at that time - Only God knows this .

--------------------------
example - i asked the lord one day to teach me what fasting really is about .
I then rose up and went my way and did not worry because i knew i had asked according to his will and i knew he would answer - some months later as i read the word i received a wave of astounding comprehension to my heart on the topic .it took a while for me to be able to formulate this teaching into words i could use to express it .
but the lord will give you both questions and answers as you have need of them

as surely as he is the Lord .

ONLY BELIEVE

God bless you

Upvote 0
thanks michaelmy, we do go to the Lord on our knees quite often. the idea of this is to use the Bible, to become familiar with it. some of the men have been christians for fifty yrs or more, some, less than two. sometimes nonchristians. we are commited to all aspects. we're accountable to one another, serve the church, help each other and anyone who asks. we believe we should strive to attain every trait paul said an elder should have. that we should end up with 14 groups as each one of us is able to start another. but always it goes back to Gods word. none of us feels our property is ours. when someone has need, we can usually find what they need. we want to make disciples, not fill up our building.

Upvote 0