Citizen of Heaven, currently living in the world,
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JVAC said:
I interpret it as it is written, in context, I need add nothing to it. Isn't it a statement that can stand alone?

I'll add onto it for context, this follows; "For the Father is one person, the Son is another, and the Spirit is still another. But the deity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, equal in glory, coeternal in majesty." (Quicunque Vult/athanasian creed) It goes on at length to say the same thing over and over yet it is logical.
Could I summarize it by saying one being (Jehovah God), in three persons, the Father is one person, the Son is another, and the Spirit is still another.

I am not trying to get picky, but I have found that the word deity can be interpreted many different ways. As you may have seen, I have had interactions with numerous different religions, cults and movements and I know that mis-understandings can occur because terms are not defined the same. So please bear with me.

Reactions: JVAC
Upvote 0

JVAC

Baptized into His name
Nov 28, 2003
Fresno, CA
✟2,369.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First, a nit-picky thing, I do not recognize the name jehovah as a correct name for God. It is a problem the KJV translator had and is found in barely any other translations to English and I think they even took it out of the NKJV. It was a distorted term from YHWH.

That being said, There is one God/divine being existant in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Such a statement is true. Whereas being is insufficient because I am a being also, but adding the word divine to give it a higher power makes it more suitable. Maybe this statement will clear it up once and for all:
"Thus the Father is God; the Son is God; the Holy Spirit is God: And yet there are not three gods, but one God." (Quicunque Vult)

Upvote 0

Toms777

Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JVAC said:
First, a nit-picky thing, I do not recognize the name jehovah as a correct name for God. It is a problem the KJV translator had and is found in barely any other translations to English and I think they even took it out of the NKJV. It was a distorted term from YHWH.

That being said, There is one God/divine being existant in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Such a statement is true. Whereas being is insufficient because I am a being also, but adding the word divine to give it a higher power makes it more suitable. Maybe this statement will clear it up once and for all:
"Thus the Father is God; the Son is God; the Holy Spirit is God: And yet there are not three gods, but one God." (Quicunque Vult)
I agree on the Jehovah/YHWH [point, but I will use Jehovah simply because of common usage and people know what I am referring to. regardless, point well taken and I agree.

I would suggest Holy would be a good term to make God distinct also.

Upvote 0

JVAC

Baptized into His name
Nov 28, 2003
Fresno, CA
✟2,369.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It does mean 'set aside' or 'special'; maybe even 'sacred'? I would need to ask how you use that, if you use it like 'special being' (Holy Being) then you could be right. It is used in that Holy Hymn, "Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of Power and Might Heaven and earth are full of your Glory. Hosana in the Highest." I get carried away when I post songs, I don't want to take out parts and wreck the flow.

Thanks for being so speedy and cordial.

-James

Upvote 0

Toms777

Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟14,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JVAC said:
It does mean 'set aside' or 'special'; maybe even 'sacred'? I would need to ask how you use that, if you use it like 'special being' (Holy Being) then you could be right. It is used in that Holy Hymn, "Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of Power and Might Heaven and earth are full of your Glory. Hosana in the Highest." I get carried away when I post songs, I don't want to take out parts and wreck the flow.

Thanks for being so speedy and cordial.

-James
I would agree that it means set apart, separate, unqiue, righteous.

I think that the examples that you gave are good indicators of how I am using the term.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.