• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Jesus, fills the breadth

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by rocknanchor, Mar 11, 2019.

1. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+3,604
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Reflections of God’s goodness.

Jesus in you, persevering in you and standing with you to fill the breadth of earth with the good news of the gospel to all mankind, in one way or another. This is still the centerpiece expression of God our Savior in God’s people to the world.

Those who tend to the flock will in turn also tend to those who tend the field; “temples” producing more temples of God in both brick and heart, thanks be to God!

What happens when the foundation is tended to in holy wisdom? God adds to everything! In numbers and adds to us our individual character. It’s Jesus in us, ‘the hope of glory’, for the body or for the field.

This is not to say there isn’t plenty for our adversary to try and pin us to. I think that is predominately what gets into so many is that because the ‘hope of glory’ has yet to be secured for some folks that might resort to ill-informed means at best which many times is seen stepping into and developing the deepest of resentments.

Faith’s story holds the greatest of highs and lows. Today, the Author of our faith knows man’s temptation over this hasn’t change, it runs ignorantly in every wrong direction imaginable repeatedly being interrupted by God’s call of mercy.

Thoughts on this or any additional you feel could add would be most welcome, Thanks!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What a beautiful reflection of God's Goodness! It reminds me of the hymn,'Jesus,the very thought of Thee,with sweetness fills my breast,but sweeter far Thy face to see and in Thy presence rest'. You speak of 'Jesus in you,persevering in you and standing with you to fill the breadth of earth with the good news of the gospel to all mankind..this is still the centre piece expression of God our Saviour in God's people to the world'. How wonderful that the precious Jesus,whose sweetness fills my breast is reaching out through me to the world around! There is so much in what you have written that makes my heart leap with joy!

3. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I like your statement,'What happens when the foundation is tended to in holy wisdom? God adds to everything! In numbers and adds to us our individual character. It's Jesus in us the hope of glory,for the body or for the field'. This is wonderful to me. Thankyou for starting this thread,'rocknanchor'.

4. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Yes! 'Jesus fills the breadth'. 'Jesus and shall it ever be,a mortal man ashamed of Thee? Ashamed of Thee whom angels praise,whose glories shine through endless days' (J Grigg)

5. rocknanchor

+3,604
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    So happy QB, thanks!

Isn't it rather safe to say, if the “hope of glory” finds no place, the aged seeker will only minister questions. It's no longer a question of 'maybe, maybe not' but Amen!

From the hope of redemption which gives way to ultimate resurrection and full inheritance beyond to what remains today; being enriched by God in soul with discovery of gift and power for living as well as faith for overcoming. The Lord Jesus is currently bringing things to pass in our lives without an albatross!

For this is the love of God, that we keep his
    commandments: and his commandments
    are not burdensome.

Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see:
    The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

(1 John 5:3, Matthew 5:4,5, Hebrews 13:8)​

6. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    How true! God is working in our lives His wonders to perform. 'Being enriched by God in soul with discovery of gift and power for living as well as faith and overcoming'. Thankyou for this liberating truth 'rocknanchor'.

7. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Jesus is the Centre of our life!'

8. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Jesus is before us. Jesus is behind us! Jesus is beside us! Jesus resides in us! What glory!

9. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Ashamed of Jesus! Sooner far, let evening blush to own a star. He shed the beams of light Divine,o'er this benighted soul of mine' (J Grigg)

10. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    May Jesus be glorified in our lives today!

11. rocknanchor

+3,604
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Amen!

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

John 12:32

12. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Ashamed of Jesus,just as soon let midnight be ashamed of noon. 'Twas midnight with my soul till He,bright morning star,bade darkness flee' (J Grigg)

13. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Ashamed of Jesus! That dear Friend,on whom my hopes of heaven depend! No! When I blush be this my shame,that I no more revere His name' (J Grigg)

14. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,for it is the power of God unto salvation'',Paul said

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. rocknanchor

+3,604
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    You know, something else he said on the tail-end of that (Romans 1:16) and elsewhere upon who receives this first - "the Jew first". But as our Lord’s words rang out, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh.", ,and "profits nothing". Anyone besides me wonder why after the veil of partition being rent upon Calvary, did this selective attention have to remain? :scratch:

16. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What wonderful,wonderful grace of the Lord'! It is all of grace!

17. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Ashamed of Jesus,yes I may when I've no guilt to wash away. No tear to wipe,no good to crave,no fears to quell,no soul to save' (J Grigg)

18. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    When You take away their breath they die and return to their dust. When You send forth Your Spirit,they are created' (Psalms 104:29-30)

19. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+18,415
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    An amazing thread to read...I am so glad I couldn't sleep...
    God bless and thank you :)
    ...I must try again to sleep...

20. quietbloke

+30,472
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Thankyou,'rocknanchor' for this thread!