Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The interpretation of this miracle I was taught went thus: a proportion of the multitude had brought food, but were too selfish to share it. The words and actions of Jesus moved them to empathy for their hungry neighbours and they shared. I find that a satsifying match with the compassion and empathy said to characterise Jesus.
That is the sort of stuff that people make up when they can not reproduce the miracle. There is a story in the Bible (1 Kings 17) about Elijah and the widow and how the food supply would multiply. I see that all the time around here. Somethings just seem to last forever and they never run out.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That is the sort of stuff that people make up when they can not reproduce the miracle.
Gosh, you mean rather than accept a supernatural explanation, based upon anecdotal accounts, people explore plausible explanations based upon established physical laws and known human behaviour patterns?

My perception, when a Christian was simple. I had two possible interpretations:

• Jesus performs a miracle, which may be physically impressive, but hardly delivers any great moral message and has an aura of "look what I can do about it". (Hardly the humble behaviour expected of the Christ.)
  • Jesus uses the power of his personality and rhetoric to help people understand that they should share such food as they have with their neighbours rather than selfishly keep it to themselves.
Superficial "showbiz" demonstration, or action that addresses deep human emotional attitudes and develops them in a positive way? For me, the choice was easy.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gosh, you mean rather than accept a supernatural explanation, based upon anecdotal accounts, people explore plausible explanations based upon established physical laws and known human behaviour patterns?

My perception, when a Christian was simple. I had two possible interpretations:

• Jesus performs a miracle, which may be physically impressive, but hardly delivers any great moral message and has an aura of "look what I can do about it". (Hardly the humble behaviour expected of the Christ.)
  • Jesus uses the power of his personality and rhetoric to help people understand that they should share such food as they have with their neighbours rather than selfishly keep it to themselves.
Superficial "showbiz" demonstration, or action that addresses deep human emotional attitudes and develops them in a positive way? For me, the choice was easy.
The thing about miracles is that anyone in the construction business as long as I was understands the power of mind over matter.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thing about miracles is that anyone in the construction business as long as I was understands the power of mind over matter.
Yup.

I don't mind, so it don't matter. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is very clear in the Bible that God displays His Ability to Create objects with Apparent-Embedded Age.

The Scripture of the first post presents how He not only "Creates", but with intricate detail, as the cooked fish were.

From small things as fish and bread to objects like the Earth, the Creator displays His Ways of Creating with Apparent Age.

This makes it about note only He has Ability to Create, but How He Creates. He shows His Great Intellect and Understanding through His Creation. He shows His Awesomeness.

And He has been kicked out of "public schools" science rooms and Earth Science text books.

And He is stated as just an opinion before others.

He is One I will continue to Worship. Who brought all that we see and know into Existence.

Screenshot_20170925-102827.jpg

Some people have their cards mixed up. And their thinking cap backwards. The Exaltation of Science over learning of Him can do that, as we can see around us.

Many people of this Modern Times have made Science an Idol. Presenting natural processes as the way things are. They have stumbled by idolizing Earth Science.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is very clear in the Bible that God displays His Ability to Create objects with Apparent-Embedded Age.

The Scripture of the first post presents how He not only "Creates", but with intricate detail, as the cooked fish were.

From small things as fish and bread to objects like the Earth, the Creator displays His Ways of Creating with Apparent Age.

This makes it about note only He has Ability to Create, but How He Creates. He shows His Great Intellect and Understanding through His Creation. He shows His Awesomeness.

And He has been kicked out of "public schools" science rooms and Earth Science text books.

And He is stated as just an opinion before others.

He is One I will continue to Worship. Who brought all that we see and know into Existence.

View attachment 208895

Some people have their cards mixed up. And their thinking cap backwards. The Exaltation of Science over learning of Him can do that, as we can see around us.

Many people of this Modern Times have made Science an Idol. Presenting natural processes as the way things are. They have stumbled by idolizing Earth Science.
Don’t forget water into wine! +1

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don’t forget water into wine! +1
I like this one that shows God's mastery over your sacred thermodynamics:

Deuteronomy 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Not to mention the Burning Bush and Fiery Furnace.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Deuteronomy 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

His Abilty and Ways are awesome.

A day approaches when all that we see and experience is All Supernatural - being with Him in His Kingdom.

The idolizing of the sciences is an End Times stumbling, right before all that we see is supernatural.

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His Abilty and Ways are awesome.

A day approaches when all that we see and experience is All Supernatural - being with Him in His Kingdom.

The idolizing of the sciences is an End Times stumbling, right before all that we see is supernatural.
Amen and Amen, brother!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Speaking of burning bushes, it’s likely that Moses “encounter with god” was a Ayahuasca trip (DMT), as those plants were ubiquitous during that time.

Helps puts things into perspective for you, doesn’t it?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yes, the OT is fulfilled in the NT. You can judge God if you want but i find hope and love in Him. OUt of all my failures God has given me hope. Thats why i follow the Lord.
I'm glad you have found comfort in difficult times.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You realise you are part of a tradition extending over almost two millenia that believes the End Times and the Second Coming will occur in their lifetime?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You realise you are part of a tradition extending over almost two millenia that believes the End Times and the Second Coming will occur in their lifetime?
Interesting that what you call "tradition," we call "blessed hope."

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God bless our martyrs who died refusing to believe what you guys do.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Interesting that what you call "tradition," we call "blessed hope."

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
I was pointing out that scores of generations were mistaken in their belief that hope was imminent. In my book when one believes one lives in a special time one should consult some one who can reduce ones arrogance.

God bless our martyrs who died refusing to believe what you guys do.
God bless Giodarno Bruno and the victims of the Spanish Inquisition and . . . well you get the idea.

Upvote 0