Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is very clear in the Bible that God uses Apparent Age when Creating things.

Another example is in the feeding of the multitude of people following Jesus one day.

You can also plainly see that the fishes were already dead and cooked.

The like applies to the loaves of bread.

The loaves represent the grain was already harvested. But the grains were already dead and baked.

Screenshot_20170929-095121.jpg

Natural man has not accounted for the God of the Bible in interpreting the Age of the Earth.

The Creator Created Earth with Apparent-Embedded Age. Natural man and use of science can not be used to determine the age of the Earth.

It is not scientists who have the reality of Earth's Age. People in this Modern Day still have the need of God, the Bible, and Faith in order to know many things about reality.

By using Apparent-Embedded Age when Creating God set aside what scientific enquiry could determine.

Reactions: AV1611VET

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This reminds me of how some claim that God would be deceiving in creating an earth that appeared to be older than it actually was. The answer to this complaint is that God revealed to us in writing (the Bible) the account, and so there is no deception seeing there is this revelation.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Another example is in the feeding of the multitude of people following Jesus one day.

The loaves represent the grain was already harvested. But the grains were already dead and baked.

View attachment 208811

Natural man has not accounted for the God of the Bible in interpreting the Age of the Earth.

The Creator Created Earth with Apparent-Embedded Age. Natural man and use of science can not be used to determine the age of the Earth.

It is not scientists who have the reality of Earth's Age. People in this Modern Day still have the need of God, the Bible, and Faith in order to know many things about reality.

By using Apparent-Embedded Age when Creating God set aside what scientific enquiry could determine.
It's just a story in an mythological book, written by an anonymous person, nothing more. Think Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's just a story in an mythological book, written by an anonymous person, nothing more. Think Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox.
Greatest story on earth. Its about forgiveness, peace, love, and hope

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of how some claim that God would be deceiving in creating an earth that appeared to be older than it actually was. The answer to this complaint is that God revealed to us in writing (the Bible) the account, and so there is no deception seeing there is this revelation.
If god/bible are not deceptive, then why do many Christians put the age of the earth on orders of magnitude younger than the earth and universe really are? Seems to me you have a real problem here.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a lot of good stories out there. The bible doesn't have an exclusive corner on the market.
Yes, however only the Gospel teaches that God so loved the world that he gave His only son.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Well of course the loaves and fish in the story were already assumed to be cooked. What kind of story would have Jesus giving folks uncooked dough balls and raw fish to eat?

This does nothing to strengthen the ridiculous "apparent age" nonsense.

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Assuming you are interpreting it correctly.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 208811

How do you know that Jesus created cooked fish and baked bread on the spot? Maybe He transported them from somewhere else.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, however only the Gospel teaches that God so loved the world that he gave His only son.
That's what makes so many stories relevant, they each have a unique message or instruction. When understood in context, myths define and inform cultures of our collective consciousness. They have always been understood as allegory and metaphor. The problem is when humans attempt to assert myths as literal history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's what makes so many stories relevant, they each have a unique message or instruction. When understood in context, myths define and inform cultures of our collective consciousness. They have always been understood as allegory and metaphor. The problem is when humans attempt to assert myths as literal history.
I dont trust historians who write history, because they are often bias. Christ is more than a story however. He gets into our heart and cleans away all the imperfections, showing mercy and patience. He brings purpose and joy. Jesus is the way, truth, and life. He is the meaning to life.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I dont trust historians who write history, because they are often bias. Christ is more than a story however. He gets into our heart and cleans away all the imperfections, showing mercy and patience. He brings purpose and joy. Jesus is the way, truth, and life. He is the meaning to life.
Don't forget to look around and see the beauty of all positive cultural myths. It helps to balance out your beliefs and understanding of reality.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't forget to look around and see the beauty of all positive cultural myths. It helps to balance out your beliefs and understanding of reality.
The beauty i see is that the Lord loves me and has a purpose for me.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The beauty i see is that the Lord loves me and has a purpose for me.
Great. I'm glad you've found purpose in the teachings of the bible. Just be aware that all cultures have relevant stories affirming humanity and purpose.

Upvote 0