Jesus Feeding the Five Thousand and Apparent Age

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
You realise you are part of a tradition extending over almost two millenia that believes the End Times and the Second Coming will occur in their lifetime?
Maybe the two millenia are also just "Apparent-Embedded Age"? ;)

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the two millenia are also just "Apparent-Embedded Age"? ;)
I can see many are having a problem accepting an item that is plain in the Scriptures.

God has used Apparent-Embedded Age when He Creates things. The cooked fish and bread are clear examples.

God did not make fish for the disciples to kill and cook. They were created with every detail already present.

The people who ate the fish and bread did they know any difference what was naturally done from from what was Created with Apparent Age and properties?

God is not in a nice neat box, but is astronomically deep in Purposes and Abilities.

Creating with Apparent Age is Biblical. It is written in many places in the Scriptures.

Some are stating such by God as devious, trickery, ............ but it does not change anything about God's Creative Ways. Some push this Attribute to side. They are in a dilemma in the way they have learned and know.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Some are stating such by God as devious, trickery, ............ but it does not change anything about God's Creative Ways.
I remind you that I - and I think others who have raised this point - are not stating that God is devious.

We are stating that if the world is young (6,000 years or even just a few million) then god is being devious. But we do not believe that the world is young, therefore we are not accusing god of deviousness, deceit or trickery. If you assert the world is young then, based upon the science, you are necessarily declaring god is devious.

I accept that you are doing this through a mistaken belief and not a desire to accuse god. However, please desist from accusing myself, and others, of describing god as devious. It is incorrect. It is disrespectful.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can see many are having a problem accepting an item that is plain in the Scriptures.

God has used Apparent-Embedded Age when He Creates things. The cooked fish and bread are clear examples.

God did not make fish for the disciples to kill and cook. They were created with every detail already present.

The people who ate the fish and bread did they know any difference what was naturally done from from what was Created with Apparent Age and properties?

God is not in a nice neat box, but is astronomically deep in Purposes and Abilities.

Creating with Apparent Age is Biblical. It is written in many places in the Scriptures.

Some are stating such by God as devious, trickery, ............ but it does not change anything about God's Creative Ways. Some push this Attribute to side. They are in a dilemma in the way they have learned and know.
You’re attempting to make a mythological account of creation comport with reality. What’s the point?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like this one that shows God's mastery over your sacred thermodynamics:
We live in a day and an age of planed obsolescence where things are made to get old and wear out so you have to spend money to replace them. I do have things that do not seem to wear out and get old. I have a circular saw I bought 50 years ago that still works good. I got one 25 years ago thinking it was time to get a new one. Turns out the 50 year old saw is in better shape then the 25 year old saw. Of course we use cordless lithium battery tools now. But all my old corded tools are still in good shape and work just fine. Even after 50 years of use. I can understand a router or belt sander that does not get used that much. But the circular saw got used all the time. I still have the original cordless drill I got for hanging drywall, and it works just fine.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

The author of the tale of the fishes and loaves is delivering a moral message. The fish and bread are symbols of community and cooperation.

The fish did not miraculously appear out of the void. They were contributed by those present who
had, until Jesus spoke, been hoarding them for their own use.

The people who ate the fish and bread fully understood where they had come from, and understood the importance of the message that had been delivered to them that day.

If God does exist he does not need fancy magic tricks to show people the importance and value of cooperation and community.

Caring for ones fellows is Biblical. It is written in many places in the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, the OT is fulfilled in the NT. You can judge God if you want but i find hope and love in Him. OUt of all my failures God has given me hope. Thats why i follow the Lord.

I dunno...

I find the god of the OT to be extremely vengefull, genocidal, jealous and petty.
In fact, the "divine morals" exhibited in that book are extremely barbaric.

A society ruled in that way, sounds more like islamic state then anything else.
Most certainly not a society that would be filled with "love and hope". More like "misery and dispair".

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

You are completely wrong.

In reality, Xenu created the universe and everything it contains just Last Thursday with "embedded age".

• Haha
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could arrange a date and meet him in real life.
I can call a plumber and arrange to meet him but that does not mean he can do what he claims to be able to do to resolve the problem that needs fixing. I paid a guy $500 to fix a water leak in my shed. He got his money and he is gone but there is black mold in my shed. The Bible says when you repair a leak you clean and replace any rotten wood. I made a mistake when I did not hire a roofer that follows the Bible as a guide for the work that they do. If you can not do a job right then it is better not to do the job at all. Let someone that knows what they are doing, get the job done.

If people constantly attack the integrity of others, as they do on this forum them we have good reason to examine them to see if they are men and women of integrity.

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In reality, Xenu created the universe and everything it contains just Last Thursday with "embedded age".
Ok, so you follow the teachings of Ron Hubbard. We follow the teachings of Christ Jesus. We believe that the Church is a restraining force in the world to keep the world from destroying itself.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can call a plumber and arrange to meet him but that does not mean he can do what he claims to be able to do to resolve the problem that needs fixing. I paid a guy $500 to fix a water leak in my shed. He got his money and he is gone but there is black mold in my shed. The Bible says when you repair a leak you clean and replace any rotten wood. I made a mistake when I did not hire a roofer that follows the Bible as a guide for the work that they do. If you can not do a job right then it is better not to do the job at all. Let someone that knows what they are doing, get the job done.

If people constantly attack the integrity of others, as they do on this forum them we have good reason to examine them to see if they are men and women of integrity.

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness

Nice dodge, but this has nothing to do with the point that was made.

You could arrange a meeting with HitchSlap and meet him in real life.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, so you follow the teachings of Ron Hubbard.

Ow, no, no.... This is a very different Xenu.

We follow the teachings of Christ Jesus. We believe that the Church is a restraining force in the world to keep the world from destroying itself.

Great. Lots of people, believe lots of things.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Excellent point. Perhaps we can correct it, one individual at a time. Why do you do attack the integrity of others?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you do attack the integrity of others?
In context I was attaching the integrity of the roofer that did not follow the teaching of the bible by replacing the rotten wood. I equate that with the integrity of people on this forum that build straw man arguments by attacking obsolete beliefs that are no longer held by the majority of Christianity today. When they are done the rotten wood is still there and the black killer mold is still growing. Do you agree if there is a water leak and black mold growing that you should clean the mess up because it is a health hazzard? In the same way we need to clean up the rotten stinking theology that does not represent the truth that we find in the Bible.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great. Lots of people, believe lots of things.
My quest is for what works. MY father was a medical doctor for over 50 years and he believed in science to solve the problem. Only I could not find the solutions I was looking for in science. I found the answers to my questions in the Bible. IF science had all the answers and all the solutions then I would have not had to go looking elsewhere. I would still be a stoic humanitarian putting all of my faith and trust in science to solve the problem.

People have serious problems in life and we need to offer them something that actually work and gets the job done. As a carpenter I did repairs, remodeling and renovation. People wanted to get rid of the old rotten stench and they wanted everything new. That is what God does in our lives. When we are born again we become a new creation in Christ.

Perhaps to many people have been exposed to the putting lipstick on a pig religion and they have not actually experienced the real thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My quest for for what works. MY father was a medical doctor for over 50 years and he believed in science to solve the problem. Only I could not find the solutions I was looking for in science. I found the answers to my questions in the Bible. IF science had all the answers and all the solutions then I would have not had to go looking elsewhere. I would still be a stoic humanitarian putting all of my faith and trust in science to solve the problem.

What problem?

People have serious problems in life and we need to offer them something that actually work and gets the job done. As a carpenter I did repairs, remodeling and renovation. People wanted to get rid of the old rotten stench and they wanted everything new. That is what God does in our lives. When we are born again we become a new creation in Christ.

Seems like an elaborate way to say that religious beliefs can bring comfort to people. I don't deny that. But just because something is comforting, that doesn't mean it is accurate.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems like an elaborate way to say that religious beliefs can bring comfort to people. I don't deny that. But just because something is comforting, that doesn't mean it is accurate.
My dad could hypnotism a whole audience. In fact he believed that a lot of religion was little more then hypnotism, the power of suggestion and mass hysteria. We understand that well. Read the book "popular delusions and the madness of crowds". There is a reason why doctors are as rich as they are but I am not going to go there.

The point is as a Christian we HAVE to be able to go beyond what man can do. In science they have the double blind test. They test their new improved drug against the old drug and the current treatment plan. They have the burden to prove that the new drug is better then the old drug. We have the same burden as a Christian. Man can offer comfort but the comfort of God goes FAR above and beyond what man has to offer.

We need to do more then comfort, we need to provide answers and solution to the real life problems that people have. Of course that brings up the question does the end justify the means. With God the answer is yes. Jesus did not want to go to Calvert, He did not want to have to suffer. He endured the cross for the joy set before Him. With God the end justifies the means. We endure what we endure for the joy and for the reward. Of course in the world sin is just the opposite. People have pleasure for a season and then like a credit card they have to pay the price for their transgression.

Hebrews 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

We are not here to please man, we are to live our life so we are well pleasing before God. We are either a part of the problem or a part of the solution (cure). There is no middle ground and God does not allow any fence sitters. You are in or out with God.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
In context I was attaching the integrity of the roofer that did not follow the teaching of the bible by replacing the rotten wood. I equate that with the integrity of people on this forum that build straw man arguments by attacking obsolete beliefs that are no longer held by the majority of Christianity today. When they are done the rotten wood is still there and the black killer mold is still growing. Do you agree if there is a water leak and black mold growing that you should clean the mess up because it is a health hazzard? In the same way we need to clean up the rotten stinking theology that does not represent the truth that we find in the Bible.
No, not that. I mean the implicit and explicit attacks on many members of this forum, which permeate your posts. It is distasteful to observe and troubling that you seem unaware of them.

Upvote 0