Jesus does not say "rebuke" the enemy or Satan, but to make "peace" with your enemies and even...

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks brin, really, truly...

Well, I'm gonna read and study some Word now and then go to bed till tomorrow...

Nite, brin, and thanks again,

God Bless!

:heart: G'nite Neo, praying (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's grown from that point to being real and really spirits now... They did not even believe in it being real, or becoming real spirits for me...
Some Wiccans practice witchcraft, and the power of witchcraft comes from Satan, so there are real evil spirits behind those power, regardless of whether or not the Wiccans were aware of it.

Yes, and I know it is wrong about John 1:1 and is not a very good translation either...
If you have done everything you could to stop the demons from returning and they still return regardless, consider getting rid of the New World Translation as well. It is a translation that denies Jesus being God after all.

But I sometimes remember key words from scriptures (cause I'm just no good with numbers) in the way that that translation puts it, and have to sometimes look up those key words in the back of it to find the scripture I'm looking for in there or in it, then look it up, find it, then grab other translations to compare, to see how right or how wrong it is in the way that they put it...

I have all those, plus I recently got a new amplified version of the Bible I really like...
It would be worth trying biblegateway.com, where you can search for Bible verses by keywords as well as comparing verses from different translations.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Read my entire post. Then read the verse i posted. Do you disagree with any of it?
Sorry, as is typical of these kinds of forums, I have lost the context of what you are saying and have no easy way to reconstruct it.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you remember what happened to the brothers in the New Testament who thought they'd handle demons?

The demons said that 'Jesus they know and Paul they know, but who are you?' And then they jumped on the brothers beat them so bad that they ran naked and beaten up and humiliated outta the house they had the audacity to go into.
The Jewish exorcists and the Jewish chief priest in Acts 19 were not Christians and did not belong to Jesus. Note that he merely called Jesus as "Jesus whom Paul preaches".

What the evil spirit meant was "You belong neither to Jesus nor Paul, and you have no right or authority to attempt to command us in the name of either."

But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. (Acts 19:13-16 NASB)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to resist Satan, not to ignore him. However, we shouldn't give him attention more than we should unless he is getting in the way of us staying focus on God.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. (1 Peter 5:8-9 NASB)​

So basically, if Satan talks to us, dismiss him. Do not listen to him or to have a conversation with him. If he attacks us, simply bind his power and command him to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, then leave everything in God's hands. God has given us the Holy Spirit and the authority over demons.

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.” (Luke 10:19-20 NASB)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Jewish exorcists and the Jewish chief priest in Acts 19 were not Christians and did not belong to Jesus. Note that he merely called Jesus as "Jesus whom Paul preaches".

What the evil spirit meant was "You belong neither to Jesus nor Paul, and you have no right or authority to attempt to work miracles in the name of either."

But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. (Acts 19:13-16 NASB)​

Yes, they stepped into that ring, didn't they?

What did they THINK was gonna happen?

The bottom line is, that It is GOD Who gets the devil, and his minions, and his agents to "fleeing". Just like in the verse i posted.

Amen?

That's the entire point of my posts.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We are to resist Satan, not to ignore him. However, we shouldn't give him attention more than we should unless he is getting in the way of us staying focus on God.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. (1 Peter 5:8-9 NASB)​

So basically, if Satan talks to us, dismiss him. Do not listen to him or to have a conversation with him. If he attacks us, simply bind his power and command him to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, then leave everything in God's hands. God has given us the Holy Spirit and the authority over demons.

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.” (Luke 10:19-20 NASB)​

Of COURSE he's gonna "talk" to/influence anyone (or try to) if the door is open. The door must be closed. Solidly. If it's ajar, even a little because of a tentativeness or uncertainty, well by golly he's just gonna have a field day, isn't he? A little messin' with ya' here, a little there, gettin' ALL in someone's head, whenever he chooses to.

There's no Quasi-ousting of Satan.

God help us.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
@Lily of Valleys, by the way, it is written that we are to have our minds "stayed" on Christ.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:" ~Isaiah 26:3

Having one's mind "stayed" on Christ, means just that. Focused and "dwelling" on Christ.

How is that possible, if one is not "ignoring" Satan? Does that verse indicate that we are to be "double minded", and share our head-space with Satan and God?

Hmmmmm....

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Lily of Valleys, by the way, it is written that we are to have our minds "stayed" on Christ.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:" ~Isaiah 26:3

Having one's mind "stayed" on Christ, means just that. Focused and "dwelling" on Christ.

How is that possible, if one is not "ignoring" Satan? Does that verse indicate that we are to be "double minded", and share our head-space with Satan and God?

Hmmmmm....
It is not possible to ignore when Satan is in your face and is attacking you or is attacking those that are close to you, or there is a possessed person in your church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes it is not possible to ignore it when Satan is in your face and is attacking you or is attacking those that are close to you, or there is a possessed person in your church.

There's a "remedy". It's the verse i posted.

Why would Satan "get in someone's face" if he has "fled", as the verse says?

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would Satan "get in someone's face" if he has "fled", as the verse says?
It is in my experience and in other Christians' experience that Satan would sometimes attack a Christian who has ruined its work or has done something that threatens a demon, such as helping a demon-oppressed person by exposing its deception.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is in my experience and in other Christians' experience that Satan would sometimes attack a Christian who has ruined its work or has done something that threatens a demon, such as helping a demon-oppressed person by exposing its deception.

Tricky, isn't he?

There must be a reason that God has admonished us on what to do about Satan and all his attention-grabbing ways, eh?

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tricky, isn't he?

There must be a reason that God has admonished us on what to do about Satan and all his attention-grabbing ways, eh?
This is what Apostle Paul told us to do:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is what Apostle Paul told us to do:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB)

It means being "covered" by God, thus HIS "armor".

It's right in "line" with this verse:

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7

Otherwise Satan will be batting around peoples like a "tumbleweed" and Toying with their minds at his leisure.

In the meantime, he will bring their "focus" on him, more and more, as they step deeper into his trap, and deceive them and distract soooo powerfully that they will not be aware of his "replacing" any focus on God, with "focus on him. And they will be convinced that they are "fighting" him.

THAT right there is their profoundly deadly error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
@Lily of Valleys, God has ALREADY directed His own on what to do. It's right there in that verse i posted over and over on this thread.

It's right there. We choose to "hear" Him or not. We make a choice in heeding what He says, or we don't.

The verse is right there, and clearly a "remedy" for what has been discussed Ad nauseam in this thread.

Good night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Lily of Valleys, God has ALREADY directed His own on what to do. It's right there in that verse i posted over and over on this thread.

It's right there. We choose to "hear" Him or not. We make a choice in heeding what He says, or we don't.

The verse is right there, and clearly a "remedy" for what has been discussed Ad nauseam in this thread.

Good night.
If you read the verse in context, James 4:4-10 is about friendship with the world (v4) and to be humble (v6, v10). So when James said "Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (v7), it is in the context of friendship with the world (v4).

In verse 10, James told us to humble ourselves in the presence of the Lord (v10). That's why he said "submit to God" (v7). Verse 6 says "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (v6), submit therefore to God. (v7). Submitting to God means to humble ourselves and to place ourselves under the authority of God. In the context of friendship with the world, it means we yield to God in all things, while yield to the devil in none.

You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”? But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you. (James 4:4-10 NASB)​

We are to submit to God all the time, and in everything, not just when dealing with demons. However, submitting to God does not mean pretending Satan doesn't exist or to ignore all demonic works in the midst of us and do nothing about them. Keep in mind that even Jesus' disciples cast out demons by commanding them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.

These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons (Mark 16:17 NASB)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0