Jesus Died for. . .

Who did Jesus die for?

• Everyone, and everyone knows that!

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Some, and only some people know that.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • None, and I'm the only person who knows that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

proxy.php

Folks, please read the

General Theology Statement of Purpose

It includes:
Do not identify a group of members or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.

Examples of inflammatory words/phrases (including but not limited to): idolaters, false/different/other gospel, false prophet, false doctrine, heretics, blasphemers, evil, sheep in wolves clothing, different God, antichrists, Antichrist, cannibalism/cannibal (concerning Eucharist), Judaizer.

A clean up was done and there may be more. Please do not refer to the other viewpoint in insulting terms.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Every single person God foreknew, is predestined, and every single person He predestined He also called, and every single person He called He justified, and ever single person He justified He will glorify.

This chain of events is unbroken.

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[h] for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

The point being?

Upvote 0

RevRude

Dec 13, 2016
pa
✟15,683.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God intends to save all mankind (1 Tim 2:4), and that all of God's intentions will be fulfilled, for he is the sovereign Lord. Where freewill (or lack thereof) fits in is up for debate, but the Bible is clear that God's eternal plan cannot be thwarted.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God intends to save all mankind (1 Tim 2:4), and that all of God's intentions will be fulfilled, for he is the sovereign Lord. Where freewill (or lack thereof) fits in is up for debate, but the Bible is clear that God's eternal plan cannot be thwarted.

Are you saying that all me will be saved?

Upvote 0

RevRude

Dec 13, 2016
pa
✟15,683.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The apostle Paul taught no such thing. What you promote here is not only not found in the pages of holy scripture, but forbidden on CF.

I am not aware of this rule. Can you direct me to it? Thanks.

As for Paul, see Colossians 1:20, for starters. There are several passages which seem to clearly teach that God will successfully accomplish His desire to save all mankind.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it God's intention to save some, all or none. Those are the options.
I'm not sure if such a thing is even provable. It can be conjectured but I'd imagine it requires an understanding of God's mind that isn't really knowable by us.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it God's intention to save some, all or none. Those are the options.

You tell me which, and as always, show me the scripture, please.

Jimmy, Matthew 26: 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for MANY unto remission of sins.

Jimmy, the word MANY, does not mean ALL.

Matthew 7: 21Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jimmy, Here is Another OPTION: have you ever thought that It is the Peoples Intension, if they want to be saved or not!

It is we the people who have to do the WILL of God and come to Jesus Christ to Be saved. Amen

Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Jimmy, Matthew 26: 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for MANY unto remission of sins.

Matthew 7: 21Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jimmy, Here is Another OPTION: have you ever thought that It is the Peoples Intension, if they want to be saved or not!

It is we the people who have to do the WILL of God and come to Jesus Christ to Be saved. Amen

Merry Christmas

I have thought of that, yes. In fact I did for the first 20 years of my Christian life; however, I eventually saw that this view didn't align with what I witnessed in life or what the Bible had to say on the subject.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RevRude

Dec 13, 2016
pa
✟15,683.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

No, but the two words can (and sometimes are) used interchangeably to refer to the same group of people. There is no contradiction between Jesus saying that he was a ransom for many and Paul saying that Jesus is the ransom for all.

Upvote 0