Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Nice try but the truth is you and I are close to agreement and I know who the sheep and goats are. If you read my previous post you would see how close we are. I am saying it is the process of sanctification or the process of dying to self and Christ becoming in us that can bring us to a place either of no sin or such an awareness that sin is not tolerated to continue. IE we do not practice sin.

I am talking about what John meant. Do you believe these scriptures?

1 John 3:9
1 John 5:18
Romans 6:2
Romans 8:9

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟210,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Do you remember when the Holy Spirit came inside you? You would never forget it if it happened. Having gone to church all my life, it still didn't happen for me until I was just about 30. That was 42 years ago. It doesn't happen to everyone calling themselves Christians. Actually, few there are who find it.
Yeah, I do, and I can feel conviction from the Holy Spirit and revelation of things as well. I also feel the distance that sin can put between you and hearing the holy spirit and how if you continue to sin the Holy spirit's convictions become more easily overruled and it becomes easier and easier to sin, until you reach a point where you stop asking for forgiveness, you stop praying, or when you do pray it's a hopeless groveling of "are you even there? are you listening?". The Holy spirit is there but he has been almost crowded out by all the junk you fill your life and thoughts with.
But then something happens and you want to recommit yourself, and you get filled again, you get conviction loud and clear again, you stop enjoying sin again, you start resisting temptation better, you pray more you thirst for the bible more. There is one indwelling but MANY fillings.
But you are not perfect, even with the Holy spirit saying "No no no" your flesh says "yes yes yes" and you can stumble. Then you feel remorse, then you want to repent, then you want to beg for forgiveness for your sin, and He does. 1 John 1:9. You feel the weight of your sin come away from you, with resolve to do better in the future.
You improve, you make progress in conforming to the image of Christ, but I do not think anyone will get there this side of death.
Otherwise, Jesus never would have had to have died. God could have just put his holy spirit out and guided people to follow His law to the letter, and devote their entire lives to Him perfectly without any sins of commission or sins of omission
Jesus died so that your sins can be forgiven (covered up by His substitution, or as the bible pictures it many times, describing it as a garment or robe, that covers up your sin) because God understands how weak the flesh is. As we have discussed before, God felt weakness as a human while He was Jesus and prayed to not go to the cross. Multiple times he prayed not to go to the cross, before He steeled his resolve and His spirit overcame the desires of the flesh to live and not be put through the punishment He would endure.

You have to understand the extent of God's forgiveness.
Matthew 18:21-22
If God expects us to forgive our neighbor for transgressions against us at least 70 times 7 times, don't you think His own patience and capacity to forgive are even greater than His own standard?

Upvote 0

mtatertayte

Apr 5, 2020
La.
✟1,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
What punishment did Jesus remove from you?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus takes away all your sins then you are without sin.
Romans 7 and 8 indicate that the believer has indwelling sin, although by faith in the Person and Work of Christ now free from the penalty of sin; but day by day we may live victoriously in Him.

Upvote 0

mtatertayte

Apr 5, 2020
La.
✟1,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Romans 7 and 8 indicate that the believer has indwelling sin, although by faith in the Person and Work of Christ now free from the penalty of sin; but day by day we may live victoriously in Him.
Is your body dying from the curse of sin?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does indeed take away our sins. Every day infact. Just like in the Our Father prayer. 77 x 7 etc etc....
It's good to believe in a finished work "It is finished" (John 19.30); 'by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified'; 'Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many' (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mtatertayte

Apr 5, 2020
La.
✟1,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's good to believe in a finished work "It is finished" (John 19.30); 'by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified'; 'Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many' (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10).
It is not finished for you for you must endure till the end.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So yes your body is dying from the curse of sin.

There I helped you come to the light.
By His victory at the Cross (1 Corinthians 15.57) we may know the curse taken away.

May I ask you, what is your church background, if you have one?

Upvote 0

mtatertayte

Apr 5, 2020
La.
✟1,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
By His victory at the Cross (1 Corinthians 15.57) we may know the curse taken away.

May I ask you, what is your church background, if you have one?
The curse of sin and death has not been removed from off your body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.