✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
2 Peter 2:
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
I don't know how you come to your conclusion based on the quoted passage. I won't repeat what others have already said.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's my understanding (I should probably do a deep study) that sacrifices cover sin; but Yahshua's sacrifice actually takes them away.

YHWH will 'remember them no more' comes to mind.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb9:24-26

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As far as the East from the West.
M

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Bible Gateway Psalm 103 :: NIV - MIT

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 2:
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
Usually, dogs don't. Others have to clean the mess.
Pigs do prefer the cool of the mud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 2:

Romans 4:8
blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”

Psalm 32:2
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20
that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Rom 4:8 Cross References (6 Verses)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 4:8
blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”

Psalm 32:2
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20
that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Rom 4:8 Cross References (6 Verses)

So, did He take away our sin, or just our punishment?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
(CLV) 1Jn 3:5
And you are aware that He was manifested that He should be taking away our sins, and in Him is not sin.
I just used a quote from one of the forum members, but it certainly wasn't mine. Some of my haters, will be against anything I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
As far as the East from the West.
M

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Bible Gateway Psalm 103 :: NIV - MIT
I just used a quote from one of the forum members, but it certainly wasn't mine. Some of my haters, will be against anything I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb9:24-26

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know how you come to your conclusion based on the quoted passage. I won't repeat what others have already said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
"But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. "
1J 3:5

Edit: ah, Hark was first.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I did not know the context of your post.

I am not a hater of anybody :) Or at least not systematically.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'll not buy into that discussion. I think it depends greatly on your definition of sin.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How can one claim to be sinless while knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments when sin is the transgression of God's LAW *1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11 or rejecting God's Word *ROMANS 14:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27? According to the scriptures those who claim they know God and continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God and need to be born again *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6-9 because those who are born again do not practice sin.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I post. Hopefully, they will think twice when declaring the lie that a Christian can't be sinless.

I don't think anyone can go one day without sin.
Mind wakes up = sinful thoughts.
M-Bob

Upvote 0