Jesus did not come to save the ((world))

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's amazing to me how many people here on this Christian forum that state -- that the whole world will be saved.

John 17:9

I pray for them: I pray not for the world

M-Bob

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing to me how many people here on this Christian forum that state -- that the whole world will be saved.

M-Bob

In some sense the whole world will be saved. It just depends on what you mean by "whole" and "world".

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Does John 17:9 disprove "that the whole world will be saved"? No.

Common sense & simple logic 101.

Got anything else?

"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world." (1 John 4:14)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world." (1 John 4:14)

That would be the world of believers not everyone in the world.

I just don't think that Hitler will be there.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All things, that originate in God can be saved. The devil has no origin in God, so he can not be saved.

Only the ones that the Father has given to Him.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mark these words well.
to all who already believe in some concept of univeralism
yall will embrace interfaith to the full.
so will many others.
the worst most wicked religion ever to be born. and by grace I will die long before I accept
any version of its world peace and unity. long before.
to answer the statement on the thread. Mountain Bob, is right on this one.
Jesus is the savoir of the world, but not the whole world will come to him to receive it.
HE died for the sins of the whole world. So that means everyone could have been saved
IF , IF they had only come and continued by grace IN HIM.
the whole world . however most will reject him, perhaps not in mouth
but in heart they do reject.
Jesus said more than just what bob said.
He even thanked the Father it was hid from the wise and prudent and revealed unto babes.
GOD resists the proud. But , I make this offer.
REPENT peoples and come to Christ and ye shall receive the pardon of sins
and learn how to walk righteously. Better continue in Him, for if not
even paul said.........I too be cast out.
Man I hate interfaith. if I could I would burn any concept of it, its world peace from the minds of all
men. But I have not that power.
Only the desire to preach the real and only gospel of peace
which is the only peace a man can have. CHRIST , the reconciliation between GOD and mankind.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob

You should pray for the salvation of "the world". God wants ALL people to be saved, that's in the scriptures if you didn't know. I am crazy enough to believe if God wants ALL to be saved then we should pray for all people. But hey whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You should pray for the salvation of "the world". God wants ALL people to be saved, that's in the scriptures if you didn't know. I am crazy enough to believe if God wants ALL to be saved then we should pray for all people. But hey whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Our desire should be that all be saved. IF we have the love of GOD on our hearts
then we would have the desire for all to be saved.
thus we would preach the only peace that can save a man. the gospel.
We know by JESUS own words, that many will reject him in heart.
but since we know not who will come , we preach to all. repent and be saved. amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
John 3:16 comes to mind.
Christ died for believers so that the believers would not perish.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All things, that originate in God can be saved. The devil has no origin in God, so he can not be saved.
nor will any who receives not the Son or His sayings.
if we receive not the SON we are none of His. if we say we have him yet reject his sayings
HIS words will be our judge. we know him not.
That is a nice looking Siamese.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Christ died for believers so that the believers would not perish.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
John 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Nobody is born a believer. God so loved the world, everybody in it, that he sent his son.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That would be the world of believers not everyone in the world.

I just don't think that Hitler will be there.

M-Bob
How do we know that hitler won't be saved? We don't, no man on this earth knows the true will of God.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

M-Bob
Only the ones that the Father has given to Him.

M-Bob
I respectfully disagree on who you think that verse is speaking about.
Jesus is not praying for the world, neither is He praying for any believers EXCEPT the Apostles. This is pulling a verse out of context.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Then He prays for us the followers who believe through the Apostles words, their testimony of the living Jesus, His death, and His resurrection. Which they, except the son of perdition, were witnesses to.
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Maybe all people will not accept the salvation, and for those it is not reasonable to pray, but:

If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn't believe, I don't judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects me, and doesn't receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.
John 12:47-48

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jacob I loved
Esaw I hated

This is while they were still in their mothers womb.

M-Bob

Also before Jesus had went to the cross. Not to mention, Jesus mentions in Luke that during the ministry of Elijah and Elisha, God sent those two men of God into Gentile lands to minister to Gentiles. So yes, God loves even those of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Nobody is born a believer. God so loved the world, everybody in it, that he sent his son.
It does not say everybody in the world did God love with a great love.
Where we read about God's great love is here.
Only God can answer why he loved us with that great love so that He made us alive. It was not because we believed, as we were following Satan at that time.

Ephesians 2New King James Version (NKJV)
By Grace Through Faith
2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

In Ephesians 1, Paul tells us we, the saints, were 'chosen in Him' (Christ) from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0