Jesus claimed He came to fulfill the Law, Did He?

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Okay... Are there some laws that don't show sin, then?
Brother, the prophet Samuel said the following to king Saul when God rejected Saul as king. Based on what Samuel said, it would seem that any disobedience is sinful. Those laws that show sin are constant but obedience can change from its shadow with animal sacrifices to its reality in the sacrifice of Jesus.

Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. (1 Samuel 15:23a NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the prophet Samuel said the following to king Saul when God rejected Saul as king. Based on what Samuel said, it would seem that any disobedience is sinful. Those laws that show sin are constant but obedience can change from its shadow with animal sacrifices to its reality in the sacrifice of Jesus.

Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. (1 Samuel 15:23a NLT)​

Is that a yes? Every law in the law of Moses shows sin?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about getting this thread back on track.
Jesus claimed He came to fulfill the Law, Did He?
Sounds great! Like our brother guevaraj says below, at least some laws have changed from shadow to reality.

Jesus fulfilled the entire law, meaning that we now keep the reality of it
not the shadow imo.

Those laws that show sin are constant but obedience can change from its shadow with animal sacrifices to its reality in the sacrifice of Jesus.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jesus fulfilled the entire law
Brother, you still cling to a bad translation that contradicts the rest of the Scriptures. Jesus cannot fulfill the law for us! What Jesus accomplished through His sacrifice is to give us as many opportunities as we need to step out of the depths of sin that Satan contributed to by deceiving our first parents. You cannot separate from sin on the first try, demonstrated through so many animal sacrifices, but we can separate from sin through repeated attempts. You don't master the piano on your first try, it takes many tries to master the piano. The same is true of sin, but Jesus cannot fulfill the law for us, we still need to separate from sin and Jesus has shown us the way through His daily service as High Priest in the heavenly temple. This repeated process of growth toward sinlessness is most clearly illustrated in the death of so many animals that Jesus sped up as our heavenly High Priest.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, you still cling to a bad translation that contradicts the rest of the Scriptures. Jesus cannot fulfill the law for us! What Jesus accomplished through His sacrifice is to give us as many opportunities as we need to step out of the depths of sin that Satan contributed to by deceiving our first parents. You cannot separate from sin on the first try, demonstrated through so many animal sacrifices, but we can separate from sin through repeated attempts. You don't master the piano on your first try, it takes many tries to master the piano. The same is true of sin, but Jesus cannot fulfill the law for us, we still need to separate from sin and Jesus has shown us the way through His daily service as High Priest in the heavenly temple. This repeated process of growth toward sinlessness is most clearly illustrated in the death of so many animals that Jesus sped up as our heavenly High Priest.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3 NIV)​

I believe you already agree that Jesus can change what we keep of the law from shadow to reality.

I'm just saying that Jesus did that with the entire law. That's how it looks to me.

Peace, my brother!

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe you already agree that Jesus can change what we keep of the law from shadow to reality.

I'm just saying that Jesus did that with the entire law. That's how it looks to me.

Peace, my brother!
You are too kind. Jorge wrote something entirely wrong: "Brother, you still cling to a bad translation that contradicts the rest of the Scriptures. Jesus cannot fulfill the law for us!"

That statement blows my mind. Jesus is God and God can do anything that pleases Him. Jesus said He came to fulfil the Law. He did it for those who were under the Law. All the Law could do was to condemn those under it. Paul wrote that the ten commandments WERE the ministry of death. 2Cor3:7 Jesus ended those commands at Calvary. He fulfilled (brought an end to the Law) at the cross. Being fixated on a day and when it begins is futile because no one is under the Laws that had special days that had to be observed in a special way.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
He fulfilled (brought an end to the Law) at the cross. Being fixated on a day and when it begins is futile because no one is under the Laws that had special days that had to be observed in a special way.
Brother, happy Sabbath! Don't you know that God is holy? We have to change because He doesn't! Someone more capable than us with a third of the angels behind him has tried to change Him and will fail.

God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God. For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said, “In my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest,’” even though this rest has been ready since he made the world. We know it is ready because of the place in the Scriptures where it mentions the seventh day: “On the seventh day God rested from all his work.” But in the other passage God said, “They will never enter my place of rest.” (Hebrews 4:1-5 NLT)​

Upvote 0