Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course, I was more referring to the interpretation of the OP on why it was/is white. But yes, I agree that the literal reading of the color is correct. :)
I can tell you what it sounds like to me, it sounds like a parallelism, if memory serves it's a triple parallelism. In the Hebrew writings they sometimes repeat the same thing in other words for emphasis. The Proverbs do this a lot, it's a literary feature, just kind of how they said things. It reminds me of the garments of the priest being white and clean, implying holiness, the expression 'cleanliness is next to godliness' comes to mind. Bear in mind this is a vision of Christ in his glory, when John saw it he collapsed. It speaks of purity, which matters with regards to holiness. When it says his hair was white as snow I think this simply speaks to purity, not exactly controversial.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can tell you what it sounds like to me, it sounds like a parallelism, if memory serves it's a triple parallelism. In the Hebrew writings they sometimes repeat the same thing in other words for emphasis. The Proverbs do this a lot, it's a literary feature, just kind of how they said things. It reminds me of the garments of the priest being white and clean, implying holiness, the expression 'cleanliness is next to godliness' comes to mind. Bear in mind this is a vision of Christ in his glory, when John saw it he collapsed. It speaks of purity, which matters with regards to holiness. When it says his hair was white as snow I think this simply speaks to purity, not exactly controversial.
Sure, that could be correct. It can symbolize allot....or nothing. Such it is with prophetic visions.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, that could be correct. It can symbolize allot....or nothing. Such it is with prophetic visions.
It makes sense to proceed with caution but his one isn't all that hard to decipher. It speaks of perfect purity and bear in mind, this is the glorified Savior. We will get to see him glorified one day, I suppose then we can compare notes with the Apostle.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ's White Hair Isn't A Fashion Statement

Recently there were reports in the medical journals that many of mankind's interactions with debauchery will change the person's biological DNA. Many DNA changes due to our sinful activity show up in our hair DNA. Our hair, as well as other human tissue, is a biological recording device for all of our earthly activity.

Now in the book of Revelation there is a description of Jesus Christ that describes his hair as 'white as snow'!( Revelation 1:14)

This description of Christ's hair as 'white as snow' is no fashion statement. It is an indication of the DNA that resides in Christ's hair as being 'pure' with no changes due to any sin! Jesus Christ is sinless, so much so, that even his DNA is pure and sinless, as 'white as snow'!

This fact, that Jesus Christ's DNA is sinless and is 'white as snow' (hint: an unblemished sacrifice for all of our sins), leaves the coming Antichrist with a tall order to fill. The Antichrist must show that his DNA is pure with no changes in it due to any sinful activity.

Whether the Antichrist can achieve this is something I don't want to know firsthand. Instead I hope to be safely in heaven with Jesus Christ who will come for all of his faithful just before mankind's final judgment (hint: the rapture).

While Jesus Christ's hair is described as 'white as snow ' his eyes are described like 'blazing fire'. This is a description Jesus Christ as the Pillar of Cloud and Pillar of Fire that led the Israelites through the desert!!!

Read, or listen (hint: search youtube for Book of Revelation), to the Book of Revelation to receive a promised blessing!

Everyone has sinned, thereby contaminating their DNA, and has come short of the glory of God except Jesus Christ who came into this world conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. Jesus Christ is our unblemished sacrifice (hint: a pure DNA, white as snow, unaltered by sin) who died on the cross for the forgiveness of all of our sins.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who is God's only son - God become man- and rest assured that you'll spend eternity in heaven with God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.

God Bless

Nothing to do with "DNA", that is the 'imperishable body' of Jesus, which is not 'flesh & blood'.

(Specifically, it is the Angel of Jesus appearing in Jesus, as he appears, transfigured.)

His whole countenance is unearthly, spiritual, as of lightning.

You don't get that way by evolution, or something....

White hair has nothing to do with any kind of purity. For old folks, it has to do with the breakdown, from age, which stops having the pigment be created. For albinos, it is different.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Recently there were reports in the medical journals that many of mankind's interactions with debauchery will change the person's biological DNA. Many DNA changes due to our sinful activity show up in our hair DNA. Our hair, as well as other human tissue, is a biological recording device for all of our earthly activity.

Now in the book of Revelation there is a description of Jesus Christ that describes his hair as 'white as snow'!( Revelation 1:14)

This description of Christ's hair as 'white as snow' is no fashion statement. It is an indication of the DNA that resides in Christ's hair as being 'pure' with no changes due to any sin! Jesus Christ is sinless, so much so, that even his DNA is pure and sinless, as 'white as snow'!

This fact, that Jesus Christ's DNA is sinless and is 'white as snow' (hint: an unblemished sacrifice for all of our sins), leaves the coming Antichrist with a tall order to fill. The Antichrist must show that his DNA is pure with no changes in it due to any sinful activity.

Whether the Antichrist can achieve this is something I don't want to know firsthand. Instead I hope to be safely in heaven with Jesus Christ who will come for all of his faithful just before mankind's final judgment (hint: the rapture).

While Jesus Christ's hair is described as 'white as snow ' his eyes are described like 'blazing fire'. This is a description Jesus Christ as the Pillar of Cloud and Pillar of Fire that led the Israelites through the desert!!!

Read, or listen (hint: search youtube for Book of Revelation), to the Book of Revelation to receive a promised blessing!

Everyone has sinned, thereby contaminating their DNA, and has come short of the glory of God except Jesus Christ who came into this world conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. Jesus Christ is our unblemished sacrifice (hint: a pure DNA, white as snow, unaltered by sin) who died on the cross for the forgiveness of all of our sins.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who is God's only son - God become man- and rest assured that you'll spend eternity in heaven with God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.

God Bless

A similar description was given of our Savior at His Transfiguration.

Furthermore, not all sins contaminate our DNA.

Those who are waiting for a pre-trib rapture will be among the first to fall down and worship Antichrist, ugmug. (Hint: There's no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.)

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
\\Nothing to do with "DNA", that is the 'imperishable body' of Jesus, which is not 'flesh & blood'.\\

WRONG, DreamerOfTheHeart.

The Resurrected Jesus said to the apostles, "Touch me and handle me, and see that it is I myself. A spirit does not flesh and bones like you see I do."

Or is that verse not in your Bible?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

God Bless

Not how DNA works.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

It's a fake article

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justified112

Jan 15, 2019
Midwest US
✟25,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It COULD also be that "hair was white as snow" is metaphoric. What is the head, what does it symbolize? Authority? And the covering pure like snow? It could be abstract and not literally anyway.
It's not metaphorical. It is phenomenological. That's how the biblical writers wrote. They simply tell you what they saw. There is no evidence of metaphorical devices in the text. It is simply what John saw. He saw Jesus in His glory and his hair was white. It has nothing to do with DNA, but with the blazing glory of Jesus so much so that even His hair reflected the brightness of it.

Upvote 0

Justified112

Jan 15, 2019
Midwest US
✟25,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

The vision has nothing to do with DNA. It is what John saw when he gazed upon the glorified Christ. He saw Jesus in His glory (to the extent he could see Him without dying). Even Jesus' hair was aglow with His glory.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not metaphorical. It is phenomenological. That's how the biblical writers wrote. They simply tell you what they saw. There is no evidence of metaphorical devices in the text. It is simply what John saw. He saw Jesus in His glory and his hair was white. It has nothing to do with DNA, but with the blazing glory of Jesus so much so that even His hair reflected the brightness of it.
I didn't say it had anything to do with DNA because I don't even believe it does. Second, when a biblical writer calls God a rock... he is being literal and I can go out in my driveway with the hope of finding God, picking him up, and apologizing for driving over Him all these years? The bible is absolutely FULL of metaphoric speech... that is how the Hebrews wrote. And all but 2 of the biblical writers were Hebrew and there is a historical question about those 2.

Upvote 0

Justified112

Jan 15, 2019
Midwest US
✟25,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say it had anything to do with DNA because I don't even believe it does. Second, when a biblical writer calls God a rock... he is being literal and I can go out in my driveway with the hope of finding God, picking him up, and apologizing for driving over Him all these years? The bible is absolutely FULL of metaphoric speech... that is how the Hebrews wrote. And all but 2 of the biblical writers were Hebrew and there is a historical question about those 2.
You're confusing "literal" with face value. Obviously, when Jesus said he was the "door of the sheep" he should not be taken at face-value as if he were a piece of wood with hinges.

To take a passage "literally" means that we interpret the passage in teh light the author has in view. So when we read that God is a rock, we use the metaphor for what it is intended to mean by the author, thus we look for the literal meaning the metaphor points us to.

Nothing in what John described about Jesus was metaphorical. He did see Jesus in His glory. You can't just assign figurative devices to the text when they are not warranted. In this case, John is not using a metaphor to describe Jesus. He is simply describing what he saw.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
To take a passage "literally" means that we interpret the passage in teh light the author has in view.
I agree with your general gist. But that isn't what most people mean when they say "literal", especially those who say they hold to a literal interpretation of the Bible. These people have a much more simplistic - and flawed - concept of "literal".

• Agree
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You're confusing "literal" with face value. Obviously, when Jesus said he was the "door of the sheep" he should not be taken at face-value as if he were a piece of wood with hinges.

To take a passage "literally" means that we interpret the passage in teh light the author has in view. So when we read that God is a rock, we use the metaphor for what it is intended to mean by the author, thus we look for the literal meaning the metaphor points us to.

Nothing in what John described about Jesus was metaphorical. He did see Jesus in His glory. You can't just assign figurative devices to the text when they are not warranted. In this case, John is not using a metaphor to describe Jesus. He is simply describing what he saw.

"I am the door" taken literally means Jesus is a literal door.
"I am the door" isn't literal, it's simile.

The Biblical texts contain simile, metaphor, allegory, and other figures of speech--in addition to, yes, literal statements.

What John describes is what he saw literally, or at least as best as he could given the situation. But that doesn't mean it is a physical description of the Risen Jesus, it is a description of John's vision of the Risen Jesus.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: greenguzzi
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless

"contaminated DNA" ....IDK man, im getting some Nazi vibe with your theology..... Should go to the "controversal theology" section.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
"contaminated DNA" ....IDK man, im getting some Nazi vibe with your theology..... Should go to the "controversal theology" section.
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. I think you may be right.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There will be no rapture.

Then why did Paul write that the rapture will happen after the return of Christ and the resurrection of the dead?

1Th_4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.