Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Mark, of course, calls Him a carpenter and He is also called "the carpenter's son" as has been noted, so there's no good reason to think that prior to the advent of His ministry that He had known any other vocation.

It could be that Jesus was a Rabbi, whatever a rabbi was at that time. But definetly he was a carpenter. nothing else than a carpenter, and perhaps also a rabbi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If I had to guess, I would say the reasons the disciples dropped what they were doing and abandoned there families so quickly was because they sensed the divine presence of God when Jesus spoke to them.

Jesus had not any "divine presence of God". The verb did emtyout all his divine part at entering the world as a child. Jesus was a man with no atractive at all. Besides not having any atractive, he was a man like everyone of us.

I know super-heroes have all kind of powers; but I never eard of sensing divine presence. Never in the comics; and also, never in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have to apologice. The greek word we translate as carpenter is "tekton" wich means (from grrek to spanish, ans from spanish to english):
Profesional that construct; that is: carpenter, architect, engineer, sculptor.

By going throw Jesus parables, it seems to me that he was very familiar with the construction of houses.

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Carpenter is a mistranslation. What was meant was that he was that he worked with his hands. He was a skilled laborer. Most likely he worked with stone and we would know him as a Mason.
bull’s-eye ... but [in this model] of the Masonic order who designed the pyramids ...
not a laborer. messiah was educated in Egypt
like Moses
and Solomon [married pharaoh's daughter]

initiated into a secret society of Egyptian Mysticism
this is why he dazzled the rabbis in Israel when he returned

how old was Jesus when herod gave the order to kill the children ?
how old was Jesus when mary and joe brought him back from Egypt educated/initiated ?

you really hit the jackpot unknowingly here Yardstick.
Mason is the right answer
a secret cult which goes back to pre-Egyptian Sumeria
and who are master astronomers/architects/astrologers/navigators

the G and A [setsquare] in the Masonic symbol
God Amen

=========================

The real masons design and administrate societies
the garden of god's children in Eden
not a garden of dirt and bushes but of souls ...

=========

I have to apologize. The greek word we translate as carpenter is "tekton" which means (from grrek to spanish, and from spanish to english):
Professional that construct; that is: carpenter, architect, engineer, sculptor.

an interesting read on masons here
http://www.christianforums.net/f23/masons-freemasonry-35226/#post528208

Last edited:
Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
bwahahahahahahaha.

mason = cult now? oh man. Jesus was a Mason. Who knew!
sarcasm is not a sign of a mature psyche and acts as a method of denial
to deal with the model presnted for discussion.

it is known that messiah was educated in egypt
and it is known what was taught in egypt
6od is no fundamentalist

Upvote 0
A

Achronos

Jesus had not any "divine presence of God". The verb did emtyout all his divine part at entering the world as a child. Jesus was a man with no atractive at all. Besides not having any atractive, he was a man like everyone of us.

I know super-heroes have all kind of powers; but I never eard of sensing divine presence. Never in the comics; and also, never in the Bible.

Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, the second person of the Holy Trinity, the incarnation of the Word. Arianism was denounced as a heresy by the 1st Ecumenical Council in Nicea.

I don't know what Bible you are reading but it's pretty clear straight from the outset of St John's Gospel (1:1) of Jesus divinity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, the second person of the Holy Trinity, the incarnation of the Word. Arianism was denounced as a heresy by the 1st Ecumenical Council in Nicea.

I don't know what Bible you are reading but it's pretty clear straight from the outset of St John's Gospel (1:1) of Jesus divinity.

Where in the Bible do you read that Jesus of Nazareth is fully God. I am talking of Jesus, the son of Joseph and Mary. The Verb is God, the Christ is God, but entering this world as flesh He did empty out of all his deity, he (Jesus of Nazareth) is God without any deity. That is the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goinheix

Dec 23, 2010
Montevideo Uruguay
✟2,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
bull’s-eye ... but [in this model] of the Masonic order who designed the pyramids ...
not a laborer. messiah was educated in Egypt
like Moses
and Solomon [married pharaoh's daughter]

initiated into a secret society of Egyptian Mysticism
this is why he dazzled the rabbis in Israel when he returned

how old was Jesus when herod gave the order to kill the children ?
how old was Jesus when mary and joe brought him back from Egypt educated/initiated ?

you really hit the jackpot unknowingly here Yardstick.
Mason is the right answer
a secret cult which goes back to pre-Egyptian Sumeria
and who are master astronomers/architects/astrologers/navigators

the G and A [setsquare] in the Masonic symbol
God Amen

=========================

The real masons design and administrate societies
the garden of god's children in Eden
not a garden of dirt and bushes but of souls ...

=========

an interesting read on masons here
Masons and Freemasonry

I agree that Joseph probably was not a carpenter but a constructor. I agree that probably also had the same profesion. But not at all it means that he was a mason, or educated in Egypt...

Upvote 0

Thigbee

demons also believe, and shudder
Dec 16, 2011
✟55,954.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think his being a carpenter, or laborer, or tradesman, or whatever has any bearing on why those fishermen would up and leave everything and follow Him.

I think they followed Him because of who He was. I don't think it's any more complex than that.

Those who put stock in a person's "stature" in society were blinded to who He really was - which is why we see such responses as "Is this not the carpenter's son?" by those who refused to receive Him.

I think, and this is just my opinion, one valid response to the question lie in Acts 4:13 - "Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus."

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rabbis Hillel and Shammai did not earn their living by teaching. They were laborers, just as others around them were, and that is how they put food on their tables. Being a rabbi at that time did not have attached to it monetary rewards, except for those who were in charge of the temple at Jerusalem. Even St. Paul earned his living as a tentmaker, not as a teacher.

Joseph, the man whom God made responsible for Jesus' upbringing, would have done his job as a conservative Jewish husband and father. When Jesus was 3 years old he would have started the study of Torah, including memorizing passages of Scripture, and even entire books (it was not uncommon for students to do this). If he began his studies in the orthodox tradition, the first book he would have studied would not have been the one we call Genesis; it would have been the one we call Leviticus.

At the age of 10 Joseph would have started teaching Jesus a trade. Being identified as a carpenter required not only a skill in wood, but also a skill in stone. Jesus would have learned how to take both wood and stone and put them together in such a fashion as to build a structure that would stand firm against the elements. Remember his teaching his disciples about building a house upon bedrock versus building that same house upon sand? This was Joseph's teaching revealed.

I agree with others on this thread that Jesus was already well-known to the apostles before he called them. I myself believe that he had already been teaching in that region for approximately 3 years before he approached them. But he had also continued putting food on the table for his family through his performing the work which Joseph had taught him. There were probably some, such as Nathanael, who hadn't heard of him, but the core of the apostleship (Peter, James and John) had in all likelihood known him for some time.

Upvote 0