USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, now that I understand your definition of "die", you mean spiritual death.

So, why don't infants go to hell? Easy peasy. They aren't accountable. Either for understanding the gospel or filling their diapers with poop.

We know from Scripture that infants aren't accountable because of what David said about his 7 day old son who died.

2 Sam 12:23 - But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

David was a writer of Scripture, so he was guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit. So he wasn't guessing here, or speaking from emotions.

David KNEW that he would JOIN his son in the future. David sure knew where he was going, and he KNEW where his son went: Heaven.

The reason infants who die physically all go to heaven is because Jesus died for their inherited sin; He paid the penalty of sin. Romans 5 teaches that all humans are guilty under Adam's sin.

But when a person develops to the point of knowing right from wrong, and understands that God exists (Rom 1:19-21), they ARE accountable.
Scripture does not support this.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have asked questions. Simple ones. This isn't about "my way", so don't hide behind false claims.

You simply won't or can't answer my questions. And they are not hard, difficult, or tricks. But you refuse (that's a choice) to answer.

And I do agree; given your predilection, it is a waste of time conversing with you, since you won't answer any questions, but only dodge and deflect and play word games.

But at least you have actually revealed your "game plan". Since you have no answers, that's all that's left to do.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm NOT trying to compare theologies.

I AM asking YOU questions. But you refuse to answer them, and prefer to play games.

Is that the Calvinist way?
Why should I want to commit myself to an answer given your tone?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Scripture does not support this.
Oh, so you didn't read my post? Even though you are posting from it?

Well, this is what I said:
"We know from Scripture that infants aren't accountable because of what David said about his 7 day old son who died.

2 Sam 12:23 - But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

David was a writer of Scripture, so he was guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit. So he wasn't guessing here, or speaking from emotions.

David KNEW that he would JOIN his son in the future. David sure knew where he was going, and he KNEW where his son went: Heaven.

The reason infants who die physically all go to heaven is because Jesus died for their inherited sin; He paid the penalty of sin. Romans 5 teaches that all humans are guilty under Adam's sin.

But when a person develops to the point of knowing right from wrong, and understands that God exists (Rom 1:19-21), they ARE accountable."

So, you may ignore 2 Sam 12:23 and not consider it Scripture, but it is, nonetheless.

What you can't do is refute the verse. But go ahead and try to "explain it away".

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you didn't read my post? Even though you are posting from it?

Well, this is what I said:
"We know from Scripture that infants aren't accountable because of what David said about his 7 day old son who died.

But when a person develops to the point of knowing right from wrong, and understands that God exists (Rom 1:19-21), they ARE accountable."

So, you may ignore 2 Sam 12:23 and not consider it Scripture, but it is, nonetheless.

What you can't do is refute the verse. But go ahead and try to "explain it away".
If babies die because of Adam's sin, how can you assume any go to heaven? If I go to my relatives, does that mean they are all saved?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why should I want to commit myself to an answer given your tone?
Are you not committed to defending the truth as you see it?

I sure am. And so far, I've not seen any truth from you. Because you WON'T answer my questions.

I can only conclude from your refusal to answer is that either:
1. you actually don't have any answers
2. you aren't all that sure of your answers
3. you know that the obvious answers to my questions refute your position

Only you know which one applies to you.

I do find it somewhat odd that you bother with this forum even though you are unwilling to "engage" in real conversations.

And, btw, in forums, there is no such thing as "tone". Tone comes from HOW something is SAID. That requires speech.

All I've done is type. The only "tone" in my typing sounds like "click, click, click" and so on and so forth.

You're just looking for excuses not to engage me. For obvious reasons.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you not committed to defending the truth as you see it?

I sure am. And so far, I've not seen any truth from you. Because you WON'T answer my questions.

I can only conclude from your refusal to answer is that either:
1. you actually don't have any answers
2. you aren't all that sure of your answers
3. you know that the obvious answers to my questions refute your position

Only you know which one applies to you.

I do find it somewhat odd that you bother with this forum even though you are unwilling to "engage" in real conversations.

And, btw, in forums, there is no such thing as "tone". Tone comes from HOW something is SAID. That requires speech.

All I've done is type. The only "tone" in my typing sounds like "click, click, click" and so on and so forth.

You're just looking for excuses not to engage me. For obvious reasons.
How can I invest in you when your attitude forbids it?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If babies die because of Adam's sin, how can you assume any go to heaven?
Good grief! Didn't you read my explanation? Christ died for everyone, as I've already proven from a number of verses that plainly and directly say so.

If I go to my relatives, does that mean they are all saved?
All depends on what you actually mean.

If you mean by "go to my relatives" joining them in eternity, then I'd have to know whether your "relatives" were all saved, or not.

If they were, and you DO go to them, then yes, they are saved, but only if YOU are saved.

The fact that David said he would go to his son is an obvious statement of certainty that David would see his son again in eternity.

What do you think David was communicating?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good grief! Didn't you read my explanation? Christ died for everyone, as I've already proven from a number of verses that plainly and directly say so.

All depends on what you actually mean.

If you mean by "go to my relatives" joining them in eternity, then I'd have to know whether your "relatives" were all saved, or not.

If they were, and you DO go to them, then yes, they are saved, but only if YOU are saved.

The fact that David said he would go to his son is an obvious statement of certainty that David would see his son again in eternity.

What do you think David was communicating?
Where does it say babies are saved? If so, do you support abortion?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How can I invest in you when your attitude forbids it?
Does my straightforward truth offend thee?

What does "investing" have to do with any kind of conversation anyway?

Seems you're being a bit dramatic here. Conversations don't require an "investment".

Again, it just seems that you are looking for excuses NOT to engage in conversation.

What say you?

Just look at all the posts between us, and yet, with NO answers from you. Just excuses not to engage, or as you put it, "invest". Just another dodge.

That's not an attitude on my part. It's just an obvious FACT. You should learn how to discern the difference

I asked you, among other things, whether you don't want to be wrong. Well?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where does it say babies are saved?
The Bible does say that. So what? David was very clear about his certainty of seeing his dead son again. So what can that mean, other than he would see his son in eternity.

What do you think he meant by what he said?

If so, do you support abortion?
No. Why would I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does say that. So what? David was very clear about his certainty of seeing his dead son again. So what can that mean, other than he would see his son in eternity.

What do you think he meant by what he said?

No. Why would I?
So do you think abortion is good based on that line of reasoning?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does my straightforward truth offend thee?

What does "investing" have to do with any kind of conversation anyway?

Seems you're being a bit dramatic here. Conversations don't require an "investment".

Again, it just seems that you are looking for excuses NOT to engage in conversation.

What say you?

Just look at all the posts between us, and yet, with NO answers from you. Just excuses not to engage, or as you put it, "invest". Just another dodge.

That's not an attitude on my part. It's just an obvious FACT. You should learn how to discern the difference

I asked you, among other things, whether you don't want to be wrong. Well?
I like teaching, not scolding.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So do you think abortion is good based on that line of reasoning?
Let me remind you of what you asked me in your previous post:

"If so, do you support abortion?"

This was my response:
"No. Why would I?"

Are you playing with a full deck? Or what? I've already answered your question. Why do you persist with such childishness?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I like teaching, not scolding.
I don't think so. You seem not teachable, based on all your non-answer responses.

When I went through all my schooling, when the teacher asked a question, the teacher expected an answer.

Since you don't like answering questions, it only goes to reason that you don't like teaching or classrooms.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think so. You seem not teachable, based on all your non-answer responses.

When I went through all my schooling, when the teacher asked a question, the teacher expected an answer.

Since you don't like answering questions, it only goes to reason that you don't like teaching or classrooms.
If I believe you are not a Calvinist, why would I want to be taught by you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me remind you of what you asked me in your previous post:

"If so, do you support abortion?"

This was my response:
"No. Why would I?"

Are you playing with a full deck? Or what? I've already answered your question. Why do you persist with such childishness?
If babies die they go to heaven according to you. So based on that, abortion would save more people than preaching the gospel. Since most reject it.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I believe you are not a Calvinist, why would I want to be taught by you?
Why do you even bother posting to anyone other than a Calvinist, then?

What is clear is that you do NOT want to be taught, even though you said you did. When truth is shown to you, because it refutes Calvinism, you shut down, reject it, and refuse to answer the questions that TRUTH demands.

And you have no answers against the truth.

Sad.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If babies die they go to heaven according to you.
No, according to King David, one of the writers of Scripture, in 2 Sam 12:23.

So based on that, abortion would save more people than preaching the gospel. Since most reject it.
What you as a Calvinist cannot comprehend is that God has given mankind a conscience with which to understand right from wrong, and that makes man accountable for his actions and decisions.

Your rather warped thinking about abortion is really weird. Essentially, kill every fetus so all of them will go to heaven.

Now, Mr scientist, what happens to the human race? In one generation, it would end.

Brilliant.

Calvinists don't make sense, on a whole lot of levels. Thanks for demonstrating that.

btw, please don't make the error of thinking I'm with the Arminians.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, according to King David, one of the writers of Scripture, in 2 Sam 12:23.

What you as a Calvinist cannot comprehend is that God has given mankind a conscience with which to understand right from wrong, and that makes man accountable for his actions and decisions.

Your rather warped thinking about abortion is really weird. Essentially, kill every fetus so all of them will go to heaven.

Now, Mr scientist, what happens to the human race? In one generation, it would end.

Brilliant.

Calvinists don't make sense, on a whole lot of levels. Thanks for demonstrating that.

btw, please don't make the error of thinking I'm with the Arminians.
Why do babies who never sinned die? Paul says the wages of sin is death. And God made vessels of mercy and vessels of wrath from the same corrupt species.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you even bother posting to anyone other than a Calvinist, then?

What is clear is that you do NOT want to be taught, even though you said you did. When truth is shown to you, because it refutes Calvinism, you shut down, reject it, and refuse to answer the questions that TRUTH demands.

And you have no answers against the truth.

Sad.
You are trying to debate. When did I seek you out?

Upvote 0