USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No He didn't. Otherwise, you would have provided a verse that supports your claim.

What Jesus DID say was that He would die for THE sheep.

What He never said was that He would die for HIS sheep only. Or just His sheep.
It's there but you must choose to see it.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
What verse teaches this? John the baptizer preached to all the Jews that they needed to repent.
Find any goodness in the flesh instead of sin it can repent to.
This is not an answer to my quetion. I'll take that as you have no answer. It was only a deflection to avoid an answer.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told the people who wanted to murder Him in John chapter 5, "39 You examine the Scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal life. Yet they testify about me. 40 But you are not willing to come to me to have life." See the words, "YOU ARE UNWILLING TO COME TO ME". Do you get it? Jesus here blames the Jews who wanted to murder Him (see verses 17-18), that the were UNWILLING to to accept Him as their personal Saviour, "to have life"!

Simply taking some Scriptures that are in a certain context, and not with other Scriptures, is a misuse of the Word of God. John 3:16 is very clear that Jesus' death was for the whole human race!
So they get the glory (credit for salvation) if they comply?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
dead sinners cannot hear spiritual truth unless made spiritually alive.
Please read John 5:25 then.

" Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live."

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said:
What verse teaches this? John the baptizer preached to all the Jews that they needed to repent.

This is not an answer to my quetion. I'll take that as you have no answer. It was only a deflection to avoid an answer.
Are you familiar with the works of the Spirit and the works of the flesh? Prove the flesh can save you.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dead sinners cannot hear spiritual truth unless made spiritually alive.

there you go again, with your reformed theology! Now, will you open your mind to what the Bible says?

Read John chapter 5, where Jesus heals on the Sabbath Day. In verse 19, Jesus is addressing this Jews, "Jesus told them...". In verses 24-25 Jesus is still speaking to these same Jews, and says to them, "24 “Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, whoever hears what I say and believes in the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged, but has passed from death to life. 25 Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, the time approaches, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear it will live. "

WHY would Jesus tells these Jews this, IF, as you say they could not hear the spiritual voice of the Lord? WHY would Jesus tell these same Jews in verse 34, "but I am saying these things so that you may be saved", IF, as you say, Jesus never died for them???

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why aren't all saved if he paid for all their sins, including the sin of rejecting him?
I've already explained it, and thoroughly. Why don't you believe the verses I have provided that say plainly that He died for everyone?

Salvation isn't based on who Christ died for. If that were true, then universalism would be true. But it isn't true.

Salvation is based on faith in Christ. Eph 2:8. Plus many many more verses.

His death cleared the way for salvation.

What do you do with Titus 2:11 that says plainly that the grace of God offers salvation to everyone?

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So they get the glory (credit for salvation) if they comply?

don't be silly! you try to twist what the Bible says with your nonsense! are you are Five Point Calvinist, yes or no? simple question!

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
No He didn't. Otherwise, you would have provided a verse that supports your claim.

It's there but you must choose to see it.
I see you quite familiar with the sport of dodging.

If it is there, why won't you cite or quote it?

The reason is that it isn't there. But you must force your ideas into the text. Or, you're just "seeing" things that aren't there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said:

I see you quite familiar with the sport of dodging.

If it is there, why won't you cite or quote it?

The reason is that it isn't there. But you must force your ideas into the text. Or, you're just "seeing" things that aren't there.
Only you can want to see it. I can't do it for you.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you familiar with the works of the Spirit and the works of the flesh? Prove the flesh can save you.
i would NEVER even attempt such foolishness.

God is the One who saves. Him and Him alone. I think you are rather confused about salvation.

Read 1 Cor 1:21 and tell me who saves, and who IS saved. It's real clear.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
Please please please quote whatever verse you think Jesus said WHY He "didn't die" for them, or anyone else.
Read carefully, it's there.
Please stop your games. If it's there, why won't you just cite it?

All you are doing is dodging from answering.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've already explained it, and thoroughly. Why don't you believe the verses I have provided that say plainly that He died for everyone?

Salvation isn't based on who Christ died for. If that were true, then universalism would be true. But it isn't true.

Salvation is based on faith in Christ. Eph 2:8. Plus many many more verses.

His death cleared the way for salvation.

What do you do with Titus 2:11 that says plainly that the grace of God offers salvation to everyone?
So who saves people? God or them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there you go again, with your reformed theology! Now, will you open your mind to what the Bible says?

Read John chapter 5, where Jesus heals on the Sabbath Day. In verse 19, Jesus is addressing this Jews, "Jesus told them...". In verses 24-25 Jesus is still speaking to these same Jews, and says to them, "24 “Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, whoever hears what I say and believes in the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged, but has passed from death to life. 25 Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, the time approaches, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear it will live. "

WHY would Jesus tells these Jews this, IF, as you say they could not hear the spiritual voice of the Lord? WHY would Jesus tell these same Jews in verse 34, "but I am saying these things so that you may be saved", IF, as you say, Jesus never died for them???
Do you want God to provide salvation for those who choose to save themselves? And split the glory with him?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Only you can want to see it. I can't do it for you.
More dodging and deflection. I certainly WANT to see any evidence you have that supports your claim.

That's what I've already done with all the verses that say plainly that Christ died for everyone. And you haven't bothered addressing any of them.

btw, I don't want to be wrong any more than YOU do. Or am I wrong to assume that you don't want to be wrong?

By ignoring all the verses I've already provided that say that Christ died for everyone, maybe you don't really care that you're wrong. I don't know. But all your dodging is leading me to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said:
Please please please quote whatever verse you think Jesus said WHY He "didn't die" for them, or anyone else.

Please stop your games. If it's there, why won't you just cite it?

All you are doing is dodging from answering.
Scripture says so if you want to see it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i would NEVER even attempt such foolishness.

God is the One who saves. Him and Him alone. I think you are rather confused about salvation.

Read 1 Cor 1:21 and tell me who saves, and who IS saved. It's real clear.
Free will says the flesh saves.

Upvote 0