Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Excellent summary. I'm going to save that to share with others.

Also I'd like to point out that, along with the twelve male disciples, Jesus must have had a minimum of seven women in his entourage:

(Jesus is in Galilee according to Luke 7:1)

Soon afterwards he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. The twelve were with him, as well as some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna, the wife of Herod’s steward Chuza, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their resources. Luke 8:1-3 (NRSV)

But all his acquaintances, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things. Luke 23:49 (NRSV)

The women who had come with him from Galilee followed, and they saw the tomb and how his body was laid. Luke 23:55 (NRSV)

Many women were also there, looking on from a distance; they had followed Jesus from Galilee and had provided for him. Among them were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee. Matthew 27:55-56 (NRSV)

There were also women looking on from a distance; among them were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. These used to follow him and provided for him when he was in Galilee; and there were many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem. Mark 15:40-41 (NRSV)

Ohh very interesting! I knew about the women in general in those verses and have seen them a number of times, but what I find interesting at this moment is the possibility of the number seven to correspond with the number twelve. I'm counting six named women plus "others". I also noticed that in the quotes you chose to post, Mary Magdalene is mentioned three times. :)

Upvote 0