Jesus a Muslim??

tessiewebb

May 28, 2012
KY
✟7,641.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I'm pretty new to this forum and particularly on this part. I've been posting on other Christian forums and getting badgered because I denounce the Islamic forces in the world that are attempting to take over governments all over the world and demanding the UN and USA side with them against Israel. In the research I'm doing, I'm finding some pretty inflammatory things involving Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorist groups and their alignment with US governmental officials.

I'd like to know if such information would be welcome on this site? If so, where would be the best place to post it? Either way, would someone please advise me how to contact the admin, please? Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
There is a political area of the CF forum.. Which is open to all posters... http://www.christianforums.com/f181/

There is three subforums to choose from...

American Politics ...Forum for political discussion that applies specifically to the United States. http://www.christianforums.com/f909/

International Politics ....The forum for the discussion of non-US world politics.
http://www.christianforums.com/f405/

General Political Discussion ....A new open forum for general politics discussion.
http://www.christianforums.com/f450/

This will give you the freedom to post, but understand... it doesn't matter where you go, there will always someone to disagree with you even if it is only to be argumentative. May you run into those who like to midrash [discuss] with you the different aspect of your subject material. May you be blessed that they are just as well informed, courteous, and together you work through all the controversies, intrigue, and facts as they are played out before us on the world stage, and presently in our election.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟172,098.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If a muslim [ even these so called muslim christians] were given a choice as to which prophet is great, Jesus or Mohammad... what do you think their answer will be??

Chinese "Muslim Christians" would answer: Mohammad was a great prophet, Isa(Yeshua) was the Son of Allah, who was greater than Mohammad.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Chinese "Muslim Christians" would answer: Mohammad was a great prophet, Isa(Yeshua) was the Son of Allah, who was greater than Mohammad.
Yeah, in the next breath, say and do things that Yeshua would never have wanted because Mohammad inspired to do greater evil instead.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much what other Muslims have done as well, others saying that Mohammad was akin to Solomon who started out well but as a man made a lot of mistakes even though used by God. And they would do the same things Yeshua did when it came to his treatment of Samaritans/Gentiles. It can really be prejudice as well as ignorance thinking anyone who sees good in Muhammad in the Muslim culture must automatically be for all things bad that he did---as even other Muslims who don't yet see Yeshua as the Savior/Son of God have noted that there were many things he did that Muslims are not to do...and thus, people must be honorable in the way they are treated :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tessiewebb

May 28, 2012
KY
✟7,641.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);61697200 said:
as even other Muslims who don't yet see Yeshua as the Savior/Son of God have noted that there were many things he did that Muslims are not to do...and thus, people must be honorable in the way they are treated :)

I must take exception to your statement above. WHAT did Jesus do that Muslims are not to do...your implication is that He did things that were not honorable?? The last part of your statement is incomprehensible to me. "people must be honorable in the way they are treated"? Did you mean honorably treated? Honor is to be given to whom it is due. Rom 3:17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I must take exception to your statement above. WHAT did Jesus do that Muslims are not to do...your implication is that He did things that were not honorable?? The last part of your statement is incomprehensible to me. "people must be honorable in the way they are treated"? Did you mean honorably treated? Honor is to be given to whom it is due. Rom 3:17
My bad for not being more clear. What was intended to be conveyed was that Jesus was honorable toward others and so must we be to others, including the Muslims (who in many ways are akin to the Samaritans Christ had a heart for and reached out to despite a lot of things in their system that may not have been accurate). What was noted was that many assume all Muslims must automatically be for violence or bad things---and to repeat that despite the fact that many Muslims never were for that is to not be honorable toward them as we're to be to all people (Titus 3). If someone says (as a Muslim) that they believe Christ is the Savior and Son of God (Deity)---and they also note where Muhammad was used by God to do amazing things even though he was greatly flawed and did things which were not right, to continue saying they're just inspired to do evil isn't honorable in the least since it is spreading ideology based on slander of what others hold to. No different than someone assuming an atheist must be for supporting all evil actions done by Hitler/the Eugenicists because the Nazis were also atheistic on many levels----and then ignoring the person even when they note that they never supported that.

It's the concept of what Christ noted in Matthew 7 when saying we should do unto others as we'd have them do unto us....and if that cannot be done, we really don't need to be talking on the desire to follow Christ since we don't know how to treat others respectfully.

Upvote 0

tessiewebb

May 28, 2012
KY
✟7,641.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);61697420 said:
My bad for not being more clear. What was intended to be conveyed was that Jesus was honorable toward others and so must we be to others, including the Muslims (who in many ways are akin to the Samaritans Christ had a heart for and reached out to despite a lot of things in their system that may not have been accurate). What was noted was that many assume all Muslims must automatically be for violence or bad things---and to repeat that despite the fact that many Muslims never were for that is to not be honorable toward them as we're to be to all people (Titus 3). If someone says (as a Muslim) that they believe Christ is the Savior and Son of God (Deity)---and they also note where Muhammad was used by God to do amazing things even though he was greatly flawed and did things which were not right, to continue saying they're just inspired to do evil isn't honorable in the least since it is spreading ideology based on slander of what others hold to. No different than someone assuming an atheist must be for supporting all evil actions done by Hitler/the Eugenicists because the Nazis were also atheistic on many levels----and then ignoring the person even when they note that they never supported that.

It's the concept of what Christ noted in Matthew 7 when saying we should do unto others as we'd have them do unto us....and if that cannot be done, we really don't need to be talking on the desire to follow Christ since we don't know how to treat others respectfully.

Jesus was not "honorable" OR respectful toward other religions. Nor was He humanistic. He reached out to the Samaritans only to convert them. There is no way other than by faith in Jesus for anyone to reach the goal of oneness with the Father so it would not be honorable to NOT preach that gospel to everyone. Including atheists. No matter what anyone "supports" if they refuse Jesus they are doomed. If a Muslim adopts faith in Jesus, he/she is no longer a Muslim. Mohammed is dead. That is very important for everyone who is Muslim to accept. A dead prophet is just a dead prophet no matter what he accomplished in life. No Christian would think Isaiah or Ezekiel would have to be recognized as part of the way to God, it is the words they left behind that are important since those are inspired by God. It is part of Muslim faith to lift Mohammed on a level with Jesus which Mohammed never ever reached nor could.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Jesus was not "honorable" OR respectful toward other religions. Nor was He humanistic. He reached out to the Samaritans only to convert them. There is no way other than by faith in Jesus for anyone to reach the goal of oneness with the Father so it would not be honorable to NOT preach that gospel to everyone. Including atheists. No matter what anyone "supports" if they refuse Jesus they are doomed. If a Muslim adopts faith in Jesus, he/she is no longer a Muslim. Mohammed is dead. That is very important for everyone who is Muslim to accept. A dead prophet is just a dead prophet no matter what he accomplished in life. No Christian would think Isaiah or Ezekiel would have to be recognized as part of the way to God, it is the words they left behind that are important since those are inspired by God. It is part of Muslim faith to lift Mohammed on a level with Jesus which Mohammed never ever reached nor could.
Yeshua is very respectful and loving towards humans from babies on up. It is just part of His humble nature. He is also always within the laws of God that work towards a long life like eternity. Given that we have a lot to learn, I will trust Him who has lived for eternity to know how it is done.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by tessiewebb Jesus was not "honorable" OR respectful toward other religions. Nor was He humanistic. He reached out to the Samaritans only to convert them. There is no way other than by faith in Jesus for anyone to reach the goal of oneness with the Father so it would not be honorable to NOT preach that gospel to everyone. Including atheists. No matter what anyone "supports" if they refuse Jesus they are doomed. If a Muslim adopts faith in Jesus, he/she is no longer a Muslim. Mohammed is dead. That is very important for everyone who is Muslim to accept. A dead prophet is just a dead prophet no matter what he accomplished in life. No Christian would think Isaiah or Ezekiel would have to be recognized as part of the way to God, it is the words they left behind that are important since those are inspired by God. It is part of Muslim faith to lift Mohammed on a level with Jesus which Mohammed never ever reached nor could.
Yeshua is very respectful and loving towards humans from babies on up. It is just part of His humble nature. He is also always within the laws of God that work towards a long life like eternity. Given that we have a lot to learn, I will trust Him who has lived for eternity to know how it is done.
Isn't that what our hope in the faith that is of Jesus is based on? :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was not "honorable" OR respectful toward other religions. .
Wrong. Otherwise, what part of "Love your enemies" do you not understand? If one can't understand something that basic when it comes to what the Bible commands, then one really doesn't understand Jesus in what he made plain....and it's a big deal when it comes to honoring what the Bible commands on the issue. Yeshua never went to war with the Romans as it concerns demeaning them, nor did he seek to denounce all aspects of what Samaritan culture was (John 4 being the greatest example amongst many)---and that cannot be escaped when it comes to considering what Christ said...and others live this out daily in the worst of positions.

In example, one can look to the example of the Coptic Christians. ..as the Copts have been truly amazing in how they've handled things. Bishop Angaelos is making a world of difference, as he is even-tempered and is very much about inter-faith dialouge/ecumenical work. (shared more in depth here in #1 /#42 ). Complex as Islam/its origins are (more shared here and here /here), the man doesn't seem to demonize all of those within Islam---and Bishop Angaelos seems to have more of the mindset that Paul had in Acts 17, where he sought to find common ground with those he was witnessing to in Athens before trying to show them where they may've missed it. Bishop Angaelos - who describes the Egyptian bombing as "unprecedented" - still seeks to do as Paul noted in I Peter 2:11-25 when it comes to living godly lives amongst the pagans and submitting to government as best as one can so that one's faith will shine. His example of how he handled himself when discussing the bombing in Egypt and threats made to the UK and other European churches by other radicals is still one of the most astounding witnesses I've seen ...and his interviews have always been refreshing.

As he made clear on Muslims in one interview:
CT: There are a number of legal requirements that hinder Christian freedom, such as the need for permits to build churches. Do you see the solution being government-led, with changes to the legal framework?

Bishop Angaelos: It has to be a combined effort. The church has its role, the government has its role and as long as we stick to our role faithfully everything will be fine. The government has a certain onus on it to provide a social structure that allows for people to grow and integrate positively. The church has a role to maintain people in their faith.
We don’t want to turn into a political party. As a bishop of the church I don’t want to be a political activist, I have other things to do. I would much rather lead my people in prayer. But, and we see it in Scripture, advocating for people is a responsibility and calling for justice is a responsibility.

CT: It seems it is not the majority of Muslims who are against Christians but rather a hard line section of the Muslim community that is attacking Christians. How should the church approach them?

Bishop Angaelos: There are two major components. The first is the minority radical element and [change] will have to come from their leadership and a sense of civil order where if you go and commit a certain crime you will be brought to justice, whereas in the past few decades so many crimes have been committed and no one is brought to justice. So there is a civil side of things.

But then you are speaking about the mass majority and I agree that not every Muslim wants to kill a Christian, but there is an increased polarisation and radicalisation that comes from the few and this is partly due to massive poverty and illiteracy and a social void in some areas and some people try to jump into that void and try to fill it.
Very excellent example of calling out that which is wrong...and yet realizing the need for Christians to work with the local governments with what they have. And for other interviews:

Some may think the Coptic Church is akin to tolerating bullies when it comes to trying to work with Islamic Governments/the rules they set....and in the minds of many, fighting back is the ONLY Reasonable option.

And in many ways, many in Islam can be bullies who need to be stopped.

Part of me wonders, however, about the other side of bullying....and that's loving the bully till you win him over to your side...as many Muslims have noted when it came to their seeing the love of Christ so manifest in the Bible and through other Christians that they were won over from much of what they saw in Islam. If Jesus said for believers to love their enemies and do good to those who hate you ( Luke 6:27-36)---and said that mercy was always reflective of what it meant to be Sons of the Most High--then I'd wonder who'd be reflecting the Lord more when it comes to how bullies are addressed. I don't think self-defense is a negative necessarily, as I don't see where Christ advocated that in the scriptures and absolute pacifism is something disciples of Christ are bound to walk in.....but on the same token, there can be alot of danger occurring when people try to fight fire with fire...and be just as aggressive as those coming against them.

People can say they'll beat up a bully to put him in check--only to end up prolonging a conflict/making a bully more determined to wipe them out and leading to a blood bath or friends of the person bullied being harm as a result (as has happened in many schools fights). And likewise, for many, to respond with fighting/violent speech toward all in Islam is not something that'll lead to true peace. For the real issue is spiritual----and for many Muslims, the LOVE of Christ is what they need to see. As the old saying goes, "The best way to get rid of enemies is to make them into friends." There was a story I once heard of where a pastor asked his son to name the greatest superhero--and his son said "Superman!!!!", to which the pastor disagreed. When the son noted that Superman could beat up/destory all of the bad guys, the pastor noted back that only Jesus could make bad guys turn into good ones....and then work for Him.

What the Lord asks of believers:

Pray the fullest blessing of Christ on them whether they love you or not.
Do good to them in practical ways that meet physical needs.
  • Luke 6:27 - Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.
  • Luke 6:31 - As you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:15 - See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.
  • Romans 12:20 - If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.
Do not retaliate when personally wronged.
  • 1 Peter 3:9 - Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
  • Romans 12:17, 19 - Repay no one evil for evil ... Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
Live peaceably with them as much as it depends on you.
  • Romans 12:18 - If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
Seek to comprehend the meaning of what they say, so that your affirmations or criticisms are based on true understanding, not distortion or caricature.
For those Coptic Christians who've had to deal extensively with Muslims and yet won them through the Love of Christ, I salute them---and on love, I agree with those Coptic Orthodox who've noted that practical love is a witness to the love of Christ. Witness is not withheld where it is needed most. ..and conversions coerced by force or finances contradicts the very nature of saving faith. Saving faith is a free embrace of Jesus as our Savior, Lord, and highest Treasure.

He reached out to the Samaritans only to convert them.
Incorrect, as their coming to faith in Him had nothing to do with them ceasing to be Samaritans...nor was it the case that every instance of what he discussed meant that you're only respectful/considerate of others if and when they convert. The bottom line reality is that the Lord sends rain on the just and the unjust---and loves humanity/provides for all. The Good Samaritan parable is the biggest example of that when it came to neighbors being those helping those in need who were in their path

One would be dishonest with the scriptures in claiming otherwise.
There is no way other than by faith in Jesus for anyone to reach the goal of oneness with the Father so it would not be honorable to NOT preach that gospel to everyone.

Including atheists. No matter what anyone "supports" if they refuse Jesus they are doomed.
No one said anything about not preaching the Gospel to others, so that is a moot point. The Gospel of Yeshua being crucified/Salvation for All and the one whom men must place their hopes will always be what needs to be promoted---and yet within that, one must also LIVE OUT the Gospel as Titus 3:1 commands directly when it comes to noting that we should be ready for every good work, kind, compassionate, considerate and honorable toward leadership in light of what Christ has done for us.
If a Muslim adopts faith in Jesus, he/she is no longer a Muslim
Wrong, for those understanding the basics of what being a Muslim is about when it comes to living in a Muslim culture/family and having a Muslim heritage. One is simply a follower of Christ from a Muslim background and one who witnesses to people in their culture.
. Mohammed is dead.

That is very important for everyone who is Muslim to accept. A dead prophet is just a dead prophet no matter what he accomplished in life.
So are the founding fathers of America---messed up as they were---but that doesn't mean you cease to consider yourself an American shaped by the things they established...and it's the same for Muslims..

No Christian would think Isaiah or Ezekiel would have to be recognized as part of the way to God, it is the words they left behind that are important since those are inspired by God. It is part of Muslim faith to lift Mohammed on a level with Jesus which Mohammed never ever reached nor could
Seeing how plenty of Muslims have long noted that Christ was always ABOVE the level of Mohammed, it'd be slanderous to say that they do otherwise and ignore it in favor of a stereotype. For others actually reading the Quran and studying it have noted that it has always noted where CHrist was the Son of GOd/the one who is and will forever be the Savior--while Mohammad was flawed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Easy G (G²);61697420 said:
---and they also note where Muhammad was used by Godto do amazing things even though he was greatly flawed and did things which were not right, to continue saying they're just inspired to do evil isn't honorable in the least since it is spreading ideology based on slander of what others hold to.

To say mohammed was flawed is to downplay his many crimes to being naughty. He was evil, and if anyone used him, it was not YHWH. Mohammed's warped religion has caused war and violence since its inception. Unlike Judaism and Christianity, hate and intolerance toward others is integral to islam.

Upvote 0