Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/30/national/30falwell.html?oref=login&pagewanted=print&position=

I know this may excite some of you but please do not be excited. Don't get all happy please. We should never rejoice at the illness or death of a brother or sister in Christ. Instead, we are called upon to love our enemies:

Bible Gateway said:
Matthew 5:43-45 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies
43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Footnotes:

Matthew 5:43 Lev. 19:18
Matthew 5:44 Some late manuscripts enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you

Even if you disagree with him, please keep him in your prayers. I know I disagree with him, many times I even vehemently disagree with him. But he is in my prayers.

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've heard of him and that is about it. I have never heard him speak or anything like that, but I hear he is a man of interesting words. But he is definitely in my prayers. Having pneumonia twice is very hard to get over. An actress that played in Meet the Parents recently died from having a few pneumonia episodes.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NFSteelers said:
I've heard of him and that is about it. I have never heard him speak or anything like that, but I hear he is a man of interesting words. But he is definitely in my prayers. Having pneumonia twice is very hard to get over. An actress that played in Meet the Parents recently died from having a few pneumonia episodes.

Yeah, I had pneumonia when I was about 4 years old. I was in the hospital for about a week. I may have been in there for about a week and a half. I honestly can't remember. But let's just say that Mr. Falwell is very controversial. He is even controversial among Conservatives and some Fundamentalists.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*Mod Note*
A gentle word of caution the discussion is about Jerry Falwell's health, not his Theology. Please do not let the thread deteriorate into such a discussion, particularly a discussion of his views on homosexuality, which is not permitted in this forum. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
MOD HAT ON
Henny.jpg
Shalom all ---

To head off any potential side tracking of this thread......Just a precautionary note:

Please remember that all discussion of homosexuality is restricted to the Philosophy & Morality, Liberal Theology or Christian Philosophy forums.

No posts have crossed the line yet - but we just wanted to remind folks ;)

b'Shalom
Henaynei
Senior Administrator

MOD HAT OFF
Henny.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.