Toronto
✟20,121.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really frustrated living with this parent. She has ruined my life - prevented me from developing any kind of support system, financial independence, health. She is a complete con artist. She just interrupted me while I'm typing this to ask if I'm going to the grocery store in the morning - to p%#s me off, act like she can tell me what to do, and play with me like cat plays with yarn. Complete trash. And unfortunately, I live in a city full of immigrants who think this kind of behaviour is normal so there's no one to turn to.

I can't work because I can't have any peace of mind. I can't work on the day trading I'm trying to do because she violently slams doors outside my room dozens of times a day. I can't build relationships because she keeps the house, her clothes, her car, everything so dirty that I can't even think straight or make a good impression on anyone.

A complete sociopath. She asked if I was going to the grocery store - after I already went out today - with this "I'm so sweet and nice" smile on her face after she was rude to me 5 minutes earlier when I fixed her thermostat.

John42

Feb 15, 2020
Toronto
✟20,121.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Asking if a family member under the same roof is going to the grocery store in the morning is perfectly normal and reasonable. The way you describe the situation, I'm failing to see this as an infraction on her part.

She always wants to know if I'm going to the grocery store as I way of taxing my trip, and she won't do the same for me. She asks so that she can request that I pick up things that she doesn't actually need or want simply to annoy. It was right when I was getting ready for bed, and she knows it's the last thing I need to hear before going to bed. Nothing is stopping her from going to the grocery today, tomorrow, or any day. She's just being an a-hole.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She always wants to know if I'm going to the grocery store as I way of taxing my trip, and she won't do the same for me. She asks so that she can request that I pick up things that she doesn't actually need or want simply to annoy. It was right when I was getting ready for bed, and she knows it's the last thing I need to hear before going to bed. Nothing is stopping her from going to the grocery today, tomorrow, or any day. She's just being an a-hole.
I assume this is your mother you are talking about??

Upvote 0