US
✟1,102,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You didn't think that you should have taken it and donated every extra cent to some worthy cause? That's just...bizarre.
I think that Judas did that; but for me, it's not all about the money.

For example, I've spent an incredible amount of time on this website, sharing what I believe is the truth concerning Yahshua's message; when I could have been making money.

Couldn't you be doing something more profitable, than trying to find a speck in my eye; and donating the money you made with that time, to charity?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I turned down a job making more money because I’m happy at the one I have, but if they would give me more money I would take it
I did the opposite. Took a job for a lot more money and left a company where I was very happy. Didn't end well.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Couldn't you be doing something more profitable, than trying to find a speck in my eye; and donating the money you made with that time, to charity?
Well, we all could, couldn't we. We could all share our time and our money. But that was my point. We don't. It's human nature. Well, we all try to do the right thing. I give to a couple of charities, I give my time to a couple of things. Is that me being altruistic or am I salving a guilty conscience? A bit of both I think.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Capitalism"
I don't think capitalism ever has to get fully detached from religion, simply because religion itself can often be an "avenue of profit".

Televangelists have shown for years that religion itself can be a lucrative market-driven endeavor.
For sure. Religion is its own marketplace to an extent. But on average, people seem to lose interest in faith when the blessings of capitalism favor them.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were hard done by. Pressured by the record company and their agent. And I remember Mcartney being asked if they actually played their own instruments. Then we had The Monkees of course...
The Monkees made their own album the second time around.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, we all could, couldn't we. We could all share our time and our money. But that was my point. We don't. It's human nature. Well, we all try to do the right thing. I give to a couple of charities, I give my time to a couple of things. Is that me being altruistic or am I salving a guilty conscience? A bit of both I think.
We have a responsibility to sow on good ground. I don’t give my money to just anyone. The government already does that with my money but I have no control over that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As I said: Yeah, "true and right" might eventually prevail...after a great deal of sorrow and bloodshed.
Isn't it amazing that in the long, convoluted and difficult history of mankind, the good side always triumphed in the end?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it amazing that in the long, convoluted and difficult history of mankind, the good side always triumphed in the end?
I don't know that's true. In the Punic Wars, which was the "good" side, for instance?

Upvote 0