✟15,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Hello all.

I'm not really a "Christian," at lest not seriously. I know about "Do unto others" and that's about as far as it goes. A co-worker suggested I search online for guidance and I thought this might be the place. The subject that brought me here is kind of embarrassing and most of my friends think it's OK, but something inside me is telling me maybe they're wrong.

My wife and I have been married a long time, and things are OK, but another female I see socially wants to spice up my life, if you know what I mean.

So, I'm here, I'll take a look around and maybe I'll find some people who know about these things. Suggestions on the best forum to post in would be helpful.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There'll be people better qualified to comment on this matter, and maybe on a different forum (maybe Married Couples only) as well. Extra-marital affairs (adultery) are sins Jim. Please avoid them and preserve your family, and cherish your faithful wife :).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ronandcarol
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all.

I'm not really a "Christian," at lest not seriously. I know about "Do unto others" and that's about as far as it goes. A co-worker suggested I search online for guidance and I thought this might be the place. The subject that brought me here is kind of embarrassing and most of my friends think it's OK, but something inside me is telling me maybe they're wrong.

My wife and I have been married a long time, and things are OK, but another female I see socially wants to spice up my life, if you know what I mean.

So, I'm here, I'll take a look around and maybe I'll find some people who know about these things. Suggestions on the best forum to post in would be helpful.
Hi; good to see you.

Romans chapter 2 is Paul's great treatise on repentance.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome and please do not take this plunge. It will amount to much heartache and torment. Give us at the forums a chance to help you and hopefully we open your eyes to some understanding. I am praying for you Sir and your wife. "Do unto others" Do you want your wife to spice up her life with another man?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
and you, too.

I think you offered the other woman idea because you know, inside, even without God you know this is just plain wrong. You are married. That's a commitment that GOD instituted. God loves you beyond what you know as love. Jesus came and died, and resurrected so that you can accept His love and live forever in heaven. Stop seeing/talking to/meeting the other and begin dating your wife again...and fall in love again.
Read the Bible--- the letter of the Book of John (4th one in the New Testament) ...that will help you understand what true love is.

Upvote 0

Therese Rose

Mar 20, 2018
United States
✟8,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all.

Maybe you can put that energy into doing something special with your wife. Relationships are hard work as I'm sure you know, but taking a positive approach to them works wonders!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello all.

Actually, you missed the most important commandment of all:

[34] But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sad'ducees, they came together.
[35] And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, to test him.
[36] "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:34-40 RSV

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all.

Why not ask your wife ? She is the ones who takes care of you , shares, suffers for and with you .. My advice is take up fishing instead, before you hurt a lot of others ..

Upvote 0

LookUp1430

Mar 13, 2018
Denver
✟8,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hello all.

Please don't cheat on your wife. That "spice" is only temporary and will eventually lead to nothing but bad. I guarantee you will look back at the wake of destruction that will be left behind you, and you will wonder why you chose to go down that path.

Although "do unto others" is a very important part of being a Christian, there is much more to it than that...and it is not what you have been brainwashed to believe it is. If you are interested in learning what true joy and an unquenchable fire that burns inside you each day feels like, I'd be happy to talk about what being a true disciple of Jesus is all about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums