Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"It's also apparent you've gradually stepped away from trying to prove a universal common ancestor and have delved into evidence within lower level phyla and families of organisms where variation does sometimes occur"

99% of the fossil succession is 550mya and younger. This is where evidence of common descent is found in regards to mammals, reptiles, fish, amphibians and birds. I don't think anyone really cares much about whether diplomonads share common ancestor with cyanobacteria back in the hadean, 3+ billion years ago and long before any fossil find. We want to get to the bread and butter of the topic, which is whether or not people evolved from fish.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"We must envisage changes to their their reproduction system, lungs, how their unique sound production developed, how their migration patterns and sense of direction would have evolved, then we must imagine how these delicate creatures would have survived the impact that wiped out the dinosaurs, and so on. "

This is good. Even these features, and research on these features, further support evolution.

And I'll give an example, actually I'll give two, no three examples. Because there actually is research and data on each of these.

But first, I should ask, what is acceptable data, if corroboration of phylogeny and genetics are not?

If you have reptile fossils, then reptiles that look like birds, then bird fossils, and you simultaneously have genes in chickens that you can switch on to give them reptilian teeth, and you further see that DNA based phylogenetic trees identically match the fossil succession...what else would someone need to see?

Would you need a time machine to believe it were true? Or is there something that you could physically see that would convince you? @RTP76
Again and again evolutionist start from a false premise and manipulate observations to suit their current version of evolution. I'm old enough to know that many "facts" of evolution have been revised because they did not fit fresh observations. A simple example. The astounding "Cambrian explosion" was supposedly over a period of 70 million years. Now it has been revised to 10 million years. There is still no satisfactory explanation as to why all these creatures appeared in such a short time frame.

Evolution supposes that life somehow just appeared, spontaneously, not out of thin air but from a toxic soup that could not support life as we know it. The scenario is so far fetched that Disney would be proud of it. If the fundamental premise is flawed, so is everything that follows.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"Nobody said God created dolphins out of thin air, you're making absurd statements based upon your a priori commitment to the evolutionary thought paradigm"

Then what exactly are you proposing if not the miraculous appearance of animals out of thin air?

"Please bring up Tiktaalik, so I can tell you it's predicted location was later discovered to be preceded by tetrapod tracks conventionally dated to be millions of years older. "

I'll bring up tiltaalik so that I might inform you that alleged terrestrial tracks predating tiltaalik are contested and that no actual tetrapod bone has been found to predate tiktaalik, in case you thought tetrapod bones had actually been found. Indeed the traces have be reinterpreted as fish traces (see link below). But even further, the trace marks themselves post date fish and predate fully developed tetrapods, where we would expect early tetrapod trackways none the less (if that were truly what they were), given that common descent were true.

To clarify, if the first alleged trackway were discovered anywhere beyond the devonian (mesozoic, cenozoic, proterozoic, hadean, archean, carboniferous, ordovician, Cambrian, Permian etc.), you might have a fair counter argument. However the alleged trackways still exists where common descent suggests that they ought to be (right around the beginning to mid devonian), none the less. Even if the alleged trackways were found at the very end of the silurian, it still wouldn't contradict the theory of evolution (though it would be surprising).

Beyond all this still, tiktaaliks locality was predicted none the less. Nobody has ever found silurian, ordovician, Cambrian nor precambrian tetrapod-hybrid fish fossils.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10420940.2015.1063491

Anyway...
I will one-up you further by pointing toward research on immune cells also used to predict the temporal locality of human-chimpanzee ancestral fossils as well.

Immunological time scale for hominid evolution. - PubMed - NCBI

In this case, biological traits of modern day species were used to predict the temporal locality of fossils which at the time were even doubted by paleontologists to exist. Research later demonstrated greater accuracy in biological predictions than paleontological with respect to finding fossils, at least in this instance.

I'll just quote myself from another post:

Paleontologists were mistaken in suggesting that ramapithecus was the first direct ancestor of modern man (see below). This being an early suggestion based on fossil finds. Ramapithecus | fossil primate genus

Ramapithecus, fossil primate dating from the Middle and Late Miocene epochs (about 16.6 million to 5.3 million years ago). For a time in the 1960s and ’70s, Ramapithecus was thought to be a distinct genus that was the first direct ancestor of modern humans (Homo sapiens) before it became regarded as that of the orangutan ancestor Sivapithecus.

"The first challenge to the theory came in the late 1960s from American biochemist Allan Wilson and American anthropologist Vincent Sarich, who, at the University of California, Berkeley, had been comparing the molecular chemistry of albumins (blood proteins) among various animal species. They concluded that the ape-human divergence must have occurred much later than Ramapithecus. (It is now thought that the final split took place some 6 million to 8 million years ago.)"

"Wilson and Sarich’s argument was initially dismissed by anthropologists, but biochemical and fossil evidence mounted in favour of it. Finally, in 1976, Pilbeam discovered a complete Ramapithecus jaw, not far from the initial fossil find, that had a distinctive V shape and thus differed markedly from the parabolic shape of the jaws of members of the human lineage. He soon repudiated his belief in Ramapithecus as a human ancestor, and the theory was largely abandoned by the early 1980s. Ramapithecus fossils subsequently were found to resemble those of the fossil primate genus Sivapithecus, which is now regarded as ancestral to the orangutan; the belief also grew that Ramapithecus probably should be included in the Sivapithecus genus."

In this case, molecular biology was used to predict the location of particular fossils of a transition, which contradicted earlier paleontological thought. And the biologists turned out to be correct, in which they argued that the first fossils for human ancestry would be discovered (or ought to be discovered if at all) closer to 6-8 million years old, as opposed to 15 million (as suggested by paleontologists). Which ultimately served to be corroborated and confirmed by later fossil discoveries such as sahelanthropus (which has human traits and chimpanzee traits and is dated to 8 million years ago as the biologists had previously predicted that such a fossil would).

So, the fossil record was used in some ways in making the predictions, however in this case, biology "out-performed" paleontology in predicting the precise temporal location of fossils (using other more distant fossils for calibration). Paleontology then basically was updated and corrected based on the latest and greatest discoveries which provided an understanding of evolution and the fossil record with higher precision than before.

The bottom line:

No credible scientist doubts the existence of the fossil succession nor the existence of a plethora of transitional forms. It is true that Darwin was unfamiliar with the succession, but again, he lived over 100 years ago.
Hah! The no true Scotsman fallacy rears its head. There are countless credible scientists who know full well that evolution is untrue. Most of those refuse to publicly state there disbelief because the Evolution Gestapo will cut their funding and refuse them tenure. If evolution is so obvious and plausible, why the desperate defence? Why do evolutionist not just leave scientists to work it out for themselves? Evolution has become a religion. It is sad to see intelligent people so deceived.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again and again evolutionist start from a false premise and manipulate observations to suit their current version of evolution. I'm old enough to know that many "facts" of evolution have been revised because they did not fit fresh observations. A simple example. The astounding "Cambrian explosion" was supposedly over a period of 70 million years. Now it has been revised to 10 million years. There is still no satisfactory explanation as to why all these creatures appeared in such a short time frame.

Evolution supposes that life somehow just appeared, spontaneously, not out of thin air but from a toxic soup that could not support life as we know it. The scenario is so far fetched that Disney would be proud of it. If the fundamental premise is flawed, so is everything that follows.

The Cambrian explosion varies in length depending on how many species you want to reference. I would say it is more in the range of 50 million years based on statistical analysis. You could say it were 10 million if you excluded the appearance of species that pre and post dated the explosion.

Though you may be older and perhaps have seen scientific ideas come and go, the theory of evolution is older than any of us and has been around since the 1800s. It hasn't shown any signs of going away anytime soon.

"Hah! The no true Scotsman fallacy rears its head."

Feel free to respond to the other 99% of my post lol.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Cambrian explosion varies in length depending on how many species you want to reference. I would say it is more in the range of 50 million years based on statistical analysis. You could say it were 10 million if you excluded the appearance of species that pre and post dated the explosion.

Though you may be older and perhaps have seen scientific ideas come and go, the theory of evolution is older than any of us and has been around since the 1800s. It hasn't shown any signs of going away anytime soon.

"Hah! The no true Scotsman fallacy rears its head."

Feel free to respond to the other 99% of my post lol.
A theory? If it was promoted as that, I would have little to say about it. It is presented as fact, so much so that careers depend on not rocking the evolutionary boat. James Tour advises students to keep their anti evolution views to themselves. He knows too well the kind of vitriol that some pro evolutionists are capable of. Professor Tour is blessed in that his university values his work, not his conformity to an unprovable premise that life somehow just appeared.

The truth of God's word regarding Creation has been around for several thousand years. It's not going away any time.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Evolution supposes that life somehow just appeared, spontaneously, not out of thin air but from a toxic soup that could not support life as we know it.

How can you make so many posts about evolution without even realizing that evolution has nothing to do with how life appeared in the first place ?

WIKI

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

Upvote 0

RTP76

Jul 21, 2019
Mid-West
✟18,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Nobody said God created dolphins out of thin air, you're making absurd statements based upon your a priori commitment to the evolutionary thought paradigm"

Then what exactly are you proposing if not the miraculous appearance of animals out of thin air?
CC: @Aussie Pete

God never makes the claims that life was produced out of thin air... now I think you're using "out of thin air" as a turn of phrase to mean "from nothing with no predecessor", but God makes the claim that He created life from the dust of the ground--not air. That said, He also does make the claim of creating life on days 5 and 6 of creation and the text indicates this is de novo in the sense that this life did not come from other life, but was fashioned directly by Him [miraculously, from the dust of the ground... not following the normal order of life producing after its own kind -> the normal order was established with the command He gave after He had already created life].

What has since transpired after the creation of life, is the created kinds producing after their own kind and this is what is seen in the fossil record. "Evolution" in this sense has been occurring, where there was an original ancestral created kind that God made (from the ground), and since then, these kinds have been reproducing and diversifying. As I have previously indicated (and I think you'll agree), the fossil record certainly does give indication of diversification of life. Where you and I take a different interpretation is that I believe God created something more than a single-celled universal common ancestor simple life form from which all complex life arose--that He created distinct [complex] kinds originally, including distinct human-kind, distinct birds of the air, distinct creatures of the sea, distinct beasts of the field, and distinct creeping things, all as distinct kinds. To what extent the variability or number of kinds existed originally at creation can only be speculated at this time; but at a minimum, the text provides for at least these major distinctions.

Creature[s] (plural) indicates God created more than one creature, so the ancestral dolphin may not have been exactly like modern dolphins (the original kind from which, say all members of the Delphinidae family arose, would have been what was created on day 5). Now you reject this because you interpret the fossil record as a succession of living organisms fossilized through different catastrophic events over very long periods of time. Such is not the interpretation of biblical creationists, which is where I lean.

"Please bring up Tiktaalik, so I can tell you it's predicted location was later discovered to be preceded by tetrapod tracks conventionally dated to be millions of years older. "

I'll bring up tiltaalik so that I might inform you that alleged terrestrial tracks predating tiltaalik are contested and that no actual tetrapod bone has been found to predate tiktaalik, in case you thought tetrapod bones had actually been found. Indeed the traces have be reinterpreted as fish traces (see link below). But even further, the trace marks themselves post date fish and predate fully developed tetrapods, where we would expect early tetrapod trackways none the less (if that were truly what they were), given that common descent were true.

To clarify, if the first alleged trackway were discovered anywhere beyond the devonian (mesozoic, cenozoic, proterozoic, hadean, archean, carboniferous, ordovician, Cambrian, Permian etc.), you might have a fair counter argument. However the alleged trackways still exists where common descent suggests that they ought to be (right around the beginning to mid devonian), none the less. Even if the alleged trackways were found at the very end of the silurian, it still wouldn't contradict the theory of evolution (though it would be surprising).

Beyond all this still, tiktaaliks locality was predicted none the less. Nobody has ever found silurian, ordovician, Cambrian nor precambrian tetrapod-hybrid fish fossils.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10420940.2015.1063491
Of course the date is being contested and reinterpreted... and by whom? Obviously the evolutionary biologists who want to believe that tiktaalik is the earliest evidence of a transition from sea to land and this claim comes under question/scrutiny if the tracks precede the animal. Everything about tiktaalik, archaeopteryx, rodhocetus, and every other alleged transition is immersed in a sea of quibblings and flip-flopping back and forth using conjecture against conjecture as the basis of argument. As it relates to origins and events/processes never observed, this is what scientists do and they regularly backpedal and reprise their ever-changing (yet oddly always-correct) position. By adhering to these views, your position will also waffle accordingly.

Anyway...
I will one-up you further by pointing toward research on immune cells also used to predict the temporal locality of human-chimpanzee ancestral fossils as well.

Immunological time scale for hominid evolution. - PubMed - NCBI

In this case, biological traits of modern day species were used to predict the temporal locality of fossils which at the time were even doubted by paleontologists to exist. Research later demonstrated greater accuracy in biological predictions than paleontological with respect to finding fossils, at least in this instance.
I see you've chosen Repeat. This is yet another way, among the myriads, of equivocating common design to mean common descent (it is not a "one-up"). A table has 4 legs and a chair has for legs, so therefore the chair evolved into the table, or the table evolved into the chair... or maybe a kind of convergent evolution, or maybe divergent evolution.... same thinking, just being applied to humans/apes. Tour made short order of the alleged "commonness" between apes/humans being only within 1.5% of the entire genome. That is mathematically demonstrable. Stating that immune cells predicted a temporal location of anything is 1) Conjecture (because you presuppose that one evolved into the other, which wasn't observed), 2) The mechanisms for the alleged evolution cannot be reproduced/demonstrated, 3) Such a view is not supported biblically, and 4) There is an empirical discordance between humans and primates that also cannot be explained by any data-supported research such as our interest in art, music, culture, religion, development of written and spoken language, and creative power, just to name a few... simply repeating more spurious conjecture retrofitted to try explaining events and processes not observable / demonstrable do no good.

I'll just quote myself from another post:

Paleontologists were mistaken in suggesting that ramapithecus was the first direct ancestor of modern man (see below). This being an early suggestion based on fossil finds. Ramapithecus | fossil primate genus

Ramapithecus, fossil primate dating from the Middle and Late Miocene epochs (about 16.6 million to 5.3 million years ago). For a time in the 1960s and ’70s, Ramapithecus was thought to be a distinct genus that was the first direct ancestor of modern humans (Homo sapiens) before it became regarded as that of the orangutan ancestor Sivapithecus.

"The first challenge to the theory came in the late 1960s from American biochemist Allan Wilson and American anthropologist Vincent Sarich, who, at the University of California, Berkeley, had been comparing the molecular chemistry of albumins (blood proteins) among various animal species. They concluded that the ape-human divergence must have occurred much later than Ramapithecus. (It is now thought that the final split took place some 6 million to 8 million years ago.)"

"Wilson and Sarich’s argument was initially dismissed by anthropologists, but biochemical and fossil evidence mounted in favour of it. Finally, in 1976, Pilbeam discovered a complete Ramapithecus jaw, not far from the initial fossil find, that had a distinctive V shape and thus differed markedly from the parabolic shape of the jaws of members of the human lineage. He soon repudiated his belief in Ramapithecus as a human ancestor, and the theory was largely abandoned by the early 1980s. Ramapithecus fossils subsequently were found to resemble those of the fossil primate genus Sivapithecus, which is now regarded as ancestral to the orangutan; the belief also grew that Ramapithecus probably should be included in the Sivapithecus genus."

In this case, molecular biology was used to predict the location of particular fossils of a transition, which contradicted earlier paleontological thought. And the biologists turned out to be correct, in which they argued that the first fossils for human ancestry would be discovered (or ought to be discovered if at all) closer to 6-8 million years old, as opposed to 15 million (as suggested by paleontologists). Which ultimately served to be corroborated and confirmed by later fossil discoveries such as sahelanthropus (which has human traits and chimpanzee traits and is dated to 8 million years ago as the biologists had previously predicted that such a fossil would).

So, the fossil record was used in some ways in making the predictions, however in this case, biology "out-performed" paleontology in predicting the precise temporal location of fossils (using other more distant fossils for calibration). Paleontology then basically was updated and corrected based on the latest and greatest discoveries which provided an understanding of evolution and the fossil record with higher precision than before.
Repeat, again. Paleontologists were indeed mistaken, man evolved from man, originally created as a man, by God, day 6. Ramapithecus is a pongid, a non-human primate. I just did research on this and even within the secular community the evolutionary biologists all want to make ramapithecus a 'link' but this is not in full agreement among biologists and many anthropologists (along with paleontologists) associate ramapihecus as being an extinct variation of modern orangutan. It is likely that many within the hominidae family (though not humans) originate from an ancestral created kind during creation.

The bottom line:

No credible scientist doubts the existence of the fossil succession nor the existence of a plethora of transitional forms. It is true that Darwin was unfamiliar with the succession, but again, he lived over 100 years ago.
Repeat, again. You don't ascribe "credibleness", because the conclusions of these scientists don't agree with your conclusions (but your conclusions are largely an assumption-driven extension of what little is observable and not data-substantiated, so again, I'm going to lean in favor of what is written in scripture and the little bit that is actually data-substantiated).

In the following article, the author goes into the lack of transitional forms within the fossil record and the abruptness of new species that show up:
Problem 5: Abrupt Appearance of Species in the Fossil Record Does Not Support Darwinian Evolution | Evolution News

This article is not particularly 'sympathetic' to creationists either, many from the Discovery Institute and Stephen Meyer himself hold to an old-earth view with a traditional interpretation of the geologic column representing long periods of time. That said, their research and interviews with other scientists support that fact of significant gaps throughout the fossil record and abrupt appearance ("explosions") of distinct species with no prior intermediary. Your biased view may wish to argue that certain layers still represent very long periods of time to allow for the imagined process of natural selection acting on random mutations to design new life forms, but there are no intermediates to support that view so again, I'm going to lean in the direction of scripture.

So far at least 3 repeats of the same thinking just being applied to specific instances; all of which come up empty beyond story-telling.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"What has since transpired after the creation of life, is the created kinds producing after their own kind and this is what is seen in the fossil record. "

What we see in the fossil record, are reptiles transitioning to mammals. In an objective sense we see bones of reptiles take shape and become indistinguishable from mammals, prior to the rise of modern mammals of today.

With that said, if what you say is true that God created all kinds and then later in time, kinds produced after their own kinds, then this would mandate that mammals are a kind of reptile. Because this is what we see in the fossil record. But I don't think you agree with that. Do you?

reptile mammal jaw evolution - Google Search

It would mean that whales are a kind of mammal and that amphibians were a kind of fish.

Scientifically, this would be a true statement, but I don't think you agree.

And it's not a matter of debate, all you have to do is look at the fossils such as in the link I posted just above.

Fossils like tiktaalik have fins and scales, which would make us think they were fish because fish have scales, but tiktaalik also has robust girdles, a flat alligator like head, spiracles for breathing air, a robust rib cage etc. It has articulated wrist bones and traits that are akin to something like a modern day salamander.

This is just an example, but morphologically, these transitional fossils are truly transitional. And in the case of tiktaalik, it further is found post-dating fish and predating derived tetrapods. And this is factual, counter to what you seem to believe.

The fossil succession depicts a bridge between what you appear to believe are distinguished "kinds". And it is what it is. Either you can accept reality, or you cannot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Obviously the evolutionary biologists who want to believe that tiktaalik is the earliest evidence of a transition from sea to land and this claim comes under question/scrutiny if the tracks precede the animal. "

The people who discovered the alleged tetrapod tracks which also were from the devonian, are also evolutionary biologists. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not a conspiracy, it's called science.

If you read the research by Spencer Lucas which is also published research, you will see measurements and further description of the alleged trackway displaying it's steps spanning multiple strata, the alleged tracks also vary in width and size, in which case some are exceptionally large and very abnormal for what would be thought to be a tetrapod. And they strongly resemble fish feeding traces.

This is how science works. If the people who claimed to have found the older tracks had more to work with (such as actual bones), there would be no contest.

In the case of tiktaalik, there are over 10 individual tiktaalik specimen. Some of which are nearly fully complete. There is no real question about what tiktaalik is or when it was. But that's not the same with the alleged trackways, for which there are no bones and the questionable alleged tracks are only found in one location.

If you would like, I can break down Spencer Lucas's research for you further.

Only Creationists would argue that a single tooth or a single bone isn't enough to demonstrate a transition, but as soon as they think that a transitional works in their favor, all of a sudden literally no bones is sufficient for their belief in silurian tetrapods lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And again, both the founders of tiktaalik and the founders of the alleged trackways both consists of teams of evolutionary biologists. And both finds, tiktaalik and the alleged tracks, whether the tracks are tetrapod in nature or not, all fit within the paradigm of common descent. Because, as said before, I'll just quote myself:

"To clarify, if the first alleged trackway were discovered anywhere beyond the devonian (mesozoic, cenozoic, proterozoic, hadean, archean, carboniferous, ordovician, Cambrian, Permian etc.), you might have a fair counter argument. However the alleged trackways still exists where common descent suggests that they ought to be (right around the beginning to mid devonian), none the less. Even if the alleged trackways were found at the very end of the silurian, it still wouldn't contradict the theory of evolution (though it would be surprising).

Beyond all this still, tiktaaliks locality was predicted none the less. Nobody has ever found silurian, ordovician, Cambrian nor precambrian tetrapod-hybrid fish fossils."

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10420940.2015.1063491?scroll=top&needAccess=true

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Stating that immune cells predicted a temporal location of anything is 1) Conjecture (because you presuppose that one evolved into the other, which wasn't observed), "

Nothing in this response explains how biology is being used to predict the locations of fossils.

You say that it is conjecture, but it's factually demonstrated.

The world is grand. The rocks run deep. Terrestrial fossils are extraordinarily rare and aren't found just by "luck".

The paper by sarich and Wilson was written in the 70s and they predicted the temporal locality of fossils not discovered for another 15 years. They used biological traits in living species to predict where fossils would be found in the earth.

In regards to tiktaalik, you deny it, but again, with the understanding that fish evolved into tetrapods, with fish observed in the Cambrian and derived fish in the silurian, and with derived tetrapods in the mid and late devonian, it follows that basal "fishapods" would exist in the early to mid devonian.

The scientists who discovered tiktaalik knew this. It was conjecture nor a baseless game of"chance". They got on a helicopter and flew to early to mid devonian strata of a shallow Marine/lacustrine geologic history and they dug them up.

Yet another prediction made via the theory of evolution and common descent.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How can you make so many posts about evolution without even realizing that evolution has nothing to do with how life appeared in the first place ?

WIKI

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
Easy. If life did not appear spontaneously, then evolution falls over. If it is not alive, it cannot evolve. I have a new theory. The Evolution Fairy came to a swamp and sprinkled Evo dust around. Behold! An incredibly complex, self replication organism appears! The rest is history. Henry Ford called history "bunk'. He obviously did not know about the Evolution Fairy

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Easy. If life did not appear spontaneously, then evolution falls over.

What you are talking about is Abiogenesis which is a totally different concept from evolution.

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia

The Evolution Fairy came to a swamp and sprinkled Evo dust around. Behold! An incredibly complex, self replication organism appears!

Well now you can have abiogenesis fairy to play with as well. Together they make much more interesting stories to tell for the uninformed.

Evolution is the most tested theory there is and so far we have found nothing that would invalidate it.

If you can come up with better theory that does not include fairies you can not prove just get it peer reviewed and get your Nobel prize. Easy right ?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What you are talking about is Abiogenesis which is a totally different concept from evolution.

Abiogenesis - Wikipedia

Well now you can have abiogenesis fairy to play with as well. Together they make much more interesting stories to tell for the uninformed.

Evolution is the most tested theory there is and so far we have found nothing that would invalidate it.

If you can come up with better theory that does not include fairies you can not prove just get it peer reviewed and get your Nobel prize. Easy right ?

"Evolution is the most tested theory there is and so far we have found nothing that would invalidate it."

You really believe that, don't you? All the arguments against evolution by some the most brilliant minds on the planet will not shake your belief. You have a lot more faith than me.

I don't know how to put this any more simply: if life did not arise spontaneously, then evolution could not have happened. Something has to be alive in order to evolve.

Upvote 0

RTP76

Jul 21, 2019
Mid-West
✟18,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"What has since transpired after the creation of life, is the created kinds producing after their own kind and this is what is seen in the fossil record. "

What we see in the fossil record, are reptiles transitioning to mammals. In an objective sense we see bones of reptiles take shape and become indistinguishable from mammals, prior to the rise of modern mammals of today.

With that said, if what you say is true that God created all kinds and then later in time, kinds produced after their own kinds, then this would mandate that mammals are a kind of reptile. Because this is what we see in the fossil record. But I don't think you agree with that. Do you?

reptile mammal jaw evolution - Google Search

It would mean that whales are a kind of mammal and that amphibians were a kind of fish.

Scientifically, this would be a true statement, but I don't think you agree.
CC: @Aussie Pete

Repeat again. And right, I would not have that interpretation. Nobody actually observed said process (evolution is a process) of reptilian evolution into mammals (and cannot demonstrate this level of change today with an observable process). I don't equate common descent with common design.

And it's not a matter of debate, all you have to do is look at the fossils such as in the link I posted just above.
It is conjecture you offer, not an observed scientific fact. I don't equate mental extrapolations of unobserved processes with fact... and I know this is easy for you to do so because it is the exact same mental process you were taught under for your area of study (geology).

Fossils like tiktaalik have fins and scales, which would make us think they were fish because fish have scales, but tiktaalik also has robust girdles, a flat alligator like head, spiracles for breathing air, a robust rib cage etc. It has articulated wrist bones and traits that are akin to something like a modern day salamander.

This is just an example, but morphologically, these transitional fossils are truly transitional. And in the case of tiktaalik, it further is found post-dating fish and predating derived tetrapods. And this is factual, counter to what you seem to believe.

The fossil succession depicts a bridge between what you appear to believe are distinguished "kinds". And it is what it is. Either you can accept reality, or you cannot.
Repeat again. No transition (the process) was observed so to say "these transitional fossils are truly transitional" is a meaningless statement. Just answer this: Did you [personally], or any scientist you know of, observe or document fish turning into tetrapods? "Accepting reality" (your words) is not asking me to accept God's reality (the only true reality), you're asking me to accept your perception of reality: The phrase, "perception is reality" is true. Also, what is 'factual' about the pre- and post-dating claims you make... nobody can know this and yes temporal placement being associated with passage of time is an assumption and yes radiometric dating (even if you use isochron dating) is built on assumptions, which again are unfalsifiable. You have no concept what is a fact, what is conjecture, and why they are different.

At least up to 5 repeats now and every time it's been conjecture without having applied the scientific method (no careful observation, no experimentation here in the present to reproduce the claimed hypothesis, no critical review of the conclusions, etc... this is not science leading to knowledge of the truth). There's been no demonstration the alleged process and the mechanisms (in fact no evidence of the mechanisms (natural selection, random mutations) ever producing the level of change to make new phyla, new classes, etc... in any context, in any example). Besides what the Bible affirms, repeated failure to demonstrate the claims is also positive evidence that the claim is untrue until demonstrated otherwise.

Your 'reality' is based simply on volume. I'll explain. If I told you that you were ugly, you'd say, "whatever, this guy is a joke and doesn't even know what I look like", but if I say it and a few people at work make an 'off' remark regarding your looks you'll sill doubt it but maybe start to look in the mirror, perhaps bring it up in passing with you wife, etc... Then if more people start giving you odd looks and whispering, you see an old friend who indicates something to the effect of life being 'tough' on you, and several family members ask what is going on or suggesting perhaps you've 'let yourself go' and friends start distancing themselves... well you'd eventually really believe you might actually believe you are ugly. This is known psychological phenomenon where if we hear a lie enough times (volume) we become deluded in the lie and are deceived.

Likewise, there is a TON of research and material regarding biological evolution and more is added every day. There is a pernicious equivocating of observably small changes in living organisms, then attributing these small changes as the vehicle to having created all life. YET, despite this perhaps initially innocent hypothesis, it has promulgated and perpetuated over the decades by those with hidden political and religious (or anti-religious) agendas. Every single example you've brought up to 'prove' decent from a universal common ancestor has been nothing more than a simplistic analysis of morphological comparison and genetics with ZERO demonstration and explanation of the mechanisms. I know this isn't a "creationist's day-dream" - in 2016 there was a meeting of the Royal Society in London discussing alternatives to help support evolution as natural selection acting on random mutations has repeatedly shown to fall short of having the creative power to create entirely new life forms. Yes, they still believe evolution is happening, but why look for a new explanation if the status-quo is perfectly adequate as you would rather believe?? Because it is, in fact, insufficient. The prominent scientists of our day recognize it, Dr. Tour recognizes it, the creation scientists and ID scientists recognize it, God's account of creation refutes it... there is no reason for me to accept your distorted 'reality' even if the only reason for rejecting was purely on God's word alone, for it is His word in the end that will remain standing.

• Winner
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"and yes temporal placement being associated with passage of time is an assumption"

So if you have layers of rock, such as those depicted here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=gra...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=O51YJuFXsgIx7M:
You're suggesting that it's an assumption that the layers.on the bottom are older?

What alternative view could there possibly be? That the upper layers are actually older than the lower levels in which case they floated in mid air before the lower were formed?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What alternative view could there possibly be? That the upper layers are actually older than the lower levels in which case they floated in mid air before the lower were formed?

You know Devil did it to confuse us.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And regarding this statement:
"No transition (the process) was observed"
A transitional fossil is determined to be so based on it's relative temporal location (addressed in the previous post above) and morphological qualities.

Example:
Fish are found in strata of the Cambrian. Derived tetrapods are found in late devonian strata.

Between Cambrian which is superpositiomally deeper and late devonian which is superpositiomally shallower, we find tiktaalik which has scales and fins like a fish (such as fish in lower strata) and articulated wrist bones, robust girdles, robust rib cage, flat head with eyes on top, spiracles for breathing air etc. Which are traits found not in pre existing fish but in derived tetrapods.

tetrapod sequence - Google Search

Nobody has to observe a fish evolving into a tetrapod to be able to observe a sequence of fossils that are present today. That same goes for the reptilian jaw. If you collect fossils in order from older strata to younger, and you you sit them on a table side by side, you can see the jaw bones get progressively smaller and smaller and the middle ear become larger and larger.

And with that, you have transitional fossils.

Do you accept that fossils exist which over time change in shape and size in an order? See this example:

reptile jaw evolution - Google Search

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know Devil did it to confuse us.

Exactly.
Common descent really is just a simple conclusion based on simple observations such as the idea that older rocks are super-positionally deeper. When you really drive the topic down to the bare bones of what it's built upon. But who could ever really doubt things that are so simple and straight forward?

Then beyond the doubt we have some obscure natured alternative ideas that really do not make any sense. But let's see what alternative (or lack thereof) will be offered in explaining how the placement of fossils is disassociated from time.

Upvote 0

RTP76

Jul 21, 2019
Mid-West
✟18,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"and yes temporal placement being associated with passage of time is an assumption"

So if you have layers of rock, such as those depicted here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=gra...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=O51YJuFXsgIx7M:
You're suggesting that it's an assumption that the layers.on the bottom are older?

I did not clarify enough... should be "and yes temporal placement being associated with the passage of deep time is an assumption"

Upvote 0