✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"Ivy League heads refusing to condemn calls for genocide of Jews"

This is not what is happening in this video. These leaders are not being asked if they "condemn calls for genocide of Jews." They re being asked if the school's code of conduct would be violated by someone who "calls for genocide of Jews." Those are 2 entirely different questions.
QFT

Having seen more of the testimony on last night's PBS NewsHour, the college heads took pains to explicitly express their personal abhorrence of these views.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am gonna vote because these kids have parents, and teachers and from what I have seen this is were there learning if from and the parents teachers and there little brats can vote.
How will voting for Trump alter that?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am gonna vote because these kids have parents, and teachers and from what I have seen this is were there learning if from and the parents teachers and there little brats can vote. And I am a American before anything else. I know Trump is a piece of trash...but I also know he does not support terrorism
Oh he does, when that terrorism supports him.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's a real shame that liberal Jews in America continues to support the Democratic Party which is the Party that has which fails to strongly condemn the pro-Hamas voices amongst some politicians and voters in the Democratic Party.
Are you confusing Hamas with Palestine? Lots of people do that. Do you have any examples of politicians being pro Hamas?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am gonna vote because these kids have parents, and teachers and from what I have seen this is were there learning if from and the parents teachers and there little brats can vote. And I am a American before anything else. I know Trump is a piece of trash...but I also know he does not support terrorism
Can you see if your spell check is working ok? Your posts aren't easy to read.

• Wow
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you confusing Hamas with Palestine? Lots of people do that. Do you have any examples of politicians being pro Hamas?
Politicians such as Talib and others joining in or repeating the chant "from the river to the seas."

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement.
"Stochastic terrorism refers to political or media figures publicly demonizing a person or group in such a way that it inspires supporters of the figures to commit a violent act against the target of the speech."

This is what he does.

Case in point: Cesar Sayoc

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement.
Nope, he as shown this in supporting beating up protesters at his rallies, support of the white supremacists in Charlotte, and the calling forth of terrorists for the 6th.

As soon as a terrorist act is in his support, he supports it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have predominantly been a liberal most of my adult life. I have watched Conservatives talk about Jewish Space Lasers and pedophile pizza parlors. It was never hard not to vote for them.

Then I watch young liberals at colleges in support of Hamas, and saying Osama Bin Ladin was not a bad guy. And here we have three predominantly liberal colleges and there leaders are basically asked is Jewish genocide bad an not one could give a strait answer.

If this is what liberalism has come to...I will be voting for trump, and I think trump is one of the most worthless pieces of trash on the planet but at least I know he is against terrorism.
There are plenty of other conservatives to choose from. I am liberal also (but pro-life), but Chris Christie seems like a good option for both of us. He is against Trump, and is more in the center compared to the right.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politicians such as Talib and others joining in or repeating the chant "from the river to the seas."
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'd like an example of a politician supporting the terrorist organisation Hamas. Can you link to one, please?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'd like an example of a politician supporting the terrorist organisation Hamas. Can you link to one, please?
Maybe I was not clear enough. Do you know what "from the river to the seas" means when chanted by pro-Palestinian and/or pro-Hamas protests?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I was not clear enough. Do you know what "from the river to the seas" means when chanted by pro-Palestinian and/or pro-Hamas protests?
I'm fully aware of the different meanings of the phrase. Variations of which have been used by Israeli politicians at times.

'The context and the intent is key. The founding charter of Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party trolls: “Between the sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.” ‘From the river to the sea’: where does the slogan come from and what does it mean?.

That was obviously akin to a call to arms. To destroy Palestine. Whereas this one, from a UK politician, was a call for peace: “We won’t rest until we have justice, until all people, Israelis and Palestinians, between the river and the sea can live in peaceful liberty,” said Andy McDonald, a Labour MP, at a protest in London organised by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign.'

You have said that politicians have specifically supported the terrorist group Hamas. Again, I will ask you to present evidence for that. If you have none then we can all ignore any claims to that effect.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You are both absolutely incorrect about Trump supporting terrorists and/or terrorism.
I never claimed he supported terrorism. I said he employs Stochastic terrorism.

Cesar Sayoc is one example, and Jan 6th is another example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Ivy League heads refusing to condemn calls for genocide of Jews"

This is not what is happening in this video. These leaders are not being asked if they "condemn calls for genocide of Jews." They re being asked if the school's code of conduct would be violated by someone who "calls for genocide of Jews." Those are 2 entirely different questions. The OP dishonestly conflates them. These witnesses could ask the rep the same question. Would U.S. law be violated by someone who "calls for genocide of Jews?" The rep would flounder on that question the same way she's mocking these witnesses, because the answer is NO. It is not against the law for someone to "call for the genocide of Jews." You might find such calls menacing and disgusting but it is not illegal to do so in general terms. i.e. "it depends on the context." If someone said "take up arms and go kill some Jews" or actively harassed Jewish students on campus that's a different matter. That's actionable. It's a specific "context" that would violate the code of conduct and can be acted on.

Noting the Op is silent on this point.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Says a post which fails to address any of the actual situations Donald supported in the past few years.
Says a poster which has failed to actually proved with real evidence that Donald Trump has supported terrorism.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never claimed he supported terrorism. I said he employs Stochastic terrorism.

Cesar Sayoc is one example, and Jan 6th is another example.
Stochastic terrorism is when someone else is blamed for the real and actual actions of another person. If you try to use stochastic terrorism in court, it is difficult to prove to a judge and jury.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Stochastic terrorism is when someone else is blamed for the real and actual actions of another person. If you try to use stochastic terrorism in court, it is difficult to prove to a judge and jury.
The definition again. You must have missed it the first time.

We all knw what Trump is doing, except maybe you. The court has nothing to do with it.

Stochastic terrorism refers to political or media figures publicly demonizing a person or group in such a way that it inspires supporters of the figures to commit a violent act against the target of the speech. Unlike incitement to terrorism, this is accomplished by using indirect, vague, or coded language that allows the instigator to plausibly disclaim responsibility for the resulting violence. Global trends point to increasing violent rhetoric and political violence, including more evidence of stochastic terrorism.

Upvote 0