Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

So Newsweek posted this story about a black rights social justice organization calling upon white liberal Democrats to stop putting their kids in Ivy League schools. Sorry o'liberals of mine, your time in the sun is done, and your kids will now cash in the cost of your self-righteousness. That seems to be the point of the group's message.

Newsweek plays ignorant about the real motive of the message. Could it be a stealth group trying to make such noble ventures look bad? Could it really be a group saying college admissions should be barred against students based on skin color? The article seems rather brief, and non-committal.

Between you, me, and the grandfather clock, I have a hard time believing the good writers at Newsweek were not able to find what it took me two seconds to find. Granted, it all could be a ruse, but it's a darn comprehensive ruse. Likewise, McCarthy could have been a communist agent and it would all make more sense. But as it is, proof contrary to the accepted narrative is not forthcoming, so my quick search seems to have yielded the actual group and what it stands for.

That might be why Newsweek got all 'can we ever be sure?' about its identity. After all, this is a fairly brazen call to discriminate against children based on skin color, even if it is part of a growing trend. The fact that more and more blacks and black activists seem comfortable openly pining for a day when it's whites using those drinking fountains, stepping off the sidewalks, and perhaps even basking in the fields, is troubling enough. Not surprising to sane people and students of the historical Christian faith, but troubling for those indoctrinated in the foolishness of multiculturalism nonetheless.

After all, Christians - and others - of a sane disposition know that multiculturalism is bunk. The idea that for 50,000 years the world lived in peace, love and John Lennon songs while only the vile Christian West and America invented all evil, is about as accurate as Himmler's Handbook on Jewish History. Yet it's the foundation for modern liberal education, the idea that only in the Christian traditions and American experiment has evil really ever occurred. Sane Christians and others with brains know that evil, sin and temptations transcend all boundaries and identities in human history.

Continued below.
Daffey Thoughts: And then they came for white liberals

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Slavery has existed on a cultural level throughout the ages in many different forms ... but only the European Transatlantic African Slave Trade was truly evil and dehumanizing.

Tell us where and from who the evil White Europeans bought those precious and holy black slaves!

I'll wait

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell us where and from who the evil White Europeans bought those precious and holy black slaves!

I'll wait

LOL. I had a very politically-correct history professor when I was in college....he never missed an opportunity to illustrate how Caucasians were the spawn of Satan who oppressed everyone else on Earth. I'd usually just dismiss his drivel, but every so often, I used to send him a zinger, to the general mirth and delight of the class.

In the example I'm thinking of, he was droning on about the evils of the Atlantic slave trade, and asked the question, "So, why do you think the African tribal chiefs were wiling to sell their own people to the European slavers operating off the west coast of Africa?"

The answer he wanted to hear, of course, was because the African chiefs were coerced into it by the Caucasians, who were the spawn of Satan, oppressing everyone else on Earth, blah, blah, blah. Instead, without even looking up from the notes I was writing down, I replied, "Because the Europeans were paying higher prices for them than the Arabs operating off the east coast of Africa."

There was split second of silence, and then the classroom erupted in laughter. I looked up and he was scowling at me; his face was bright red. There wasn't much he could do, however. Besides, technically, I was right. ;) It was a satisfying moment.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The answer he wanted to hear, of course, was because the African chiefs were coerced into it by the Caucasians, who were the spawn of Satan, oppressing everyone else on Earth, blah, blah, blah.

He sounds like a real piece of work, a regular Mr. VanDriesen (Beavis & Butthead).

I've had to point it out to people many times that it was primarily conquering African kings (and sometimes Muslim slavers) who sold the ancestors of the African-Americans into slavery. Nobody ever wants to face this fact though-- that it was their own people albeit stronger tribes and kings, who are primarily responsible for the Atlantic slave trade. The narrative as the 1619 Project/New York Slimes wants you to believe it, is that there were White men in Jumani hats, with elephant guns and nets, going through the bush and capturing Africans who were just trying to mind their own business when in reality, the Africans who were enslaved were members of weaker tribes who were conquered by other African kings/Chieftains/Warlords.

History is a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a historical fact that Muslims enslaved many more white European people than the number of black Africans enslaved by white Europeans.

But again, that fact is never acknowledged, because it doesn't fit the "woke" narrative.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a historical fact that Muslims enslaved many more white European people than the number of black Africans enslaved by white Europeans.

The term "Slave" comes from "Slav", because Central and Eastern Europeans were so often taken as slaves by the Moors.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The term "Slave" comes from "Slav", because Central and Eastern Europeans were so often taken as slaves by the Moors.

The Moors, yes---but let us not forget about Atilla the Hun and Genghis Kahn, both of them just as Asian as can be, and the thousands of lily-white Europeans that they killed, raped, abducted, and enslaved. Or shall we go into the thousands of European girls---many of them not even in their teens yet---that the Grand Vizier of the Ottomans had kidnapped so he could add them to his harems as his personal sex slaves?

I mean, sure: let's discuss slavery. But while we're talking about poor old Uncle Remus laboring away in that cotton field in Georgia, let's also talk about the Aztecs enslaving everybody around them and offering them as human sacrifices to their sun god, and let's talk about the hundreds of thousands of Chinese, Koreans, and Pacific Islanders who were enslaved by the Japanese form 1936 up until the time the Americans liberated them.

• Agree
Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MY point is that Slavery is an evil that has been practiced by every society, not merely Southern USA/The Confederacy, so people need to stop acting like African-Americans are the only people who were ever enslaved. The book of Exodus talks about how Pharaoh enslaved the Jews... it's gone on before the Atlantic slave trade and is still going on in Africa and the Middle East to this day in places like Libya, Somalia, and the UAE

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0