• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I've been missing a little while

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone. I feel like I don't belong here at the forums sometimes. In 1985 I lost everything. I lost my job. I lost my apartment. My dad had me committed to a mental institution. I was taken from the institution one day to a court room where I lost custody of my only child, a precious little girl. My OCD is one of the worst cases ever in the world. I lock myself to my bed every night and I have done so every night for almost 30 years. I was hospitalized so many times. I cannot agree with cognitive therapy. I remember at one hospital, medical personnel being trained to throw up their hands and say - Ok, we are not going to talk about that. - when I would try to tell them something that was troubling me. Why was I there? Later in 1987 I was put on one of the SSRI drugs and it has been the reason I am able to go on. Reassurance has also helped me to go on. Reassurance has saved my life. So you can see why I don't seem to fit in here. I've begun to have some problems with ads again making it difficult to get around the site easily also. I needed friends. As you can tell I'm very sick with this illness too. Sometimes I read posts and I get so frightened but I still try to help. Do I have a place here?

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey everyone. I feel like I don't belong here at the forums sometimes. In 1985 I lost everything. I lost my job. I lost my apartment. My dad had me committed to a mental institution. I was taken from the institution one day to a court room where I lost custody of my only child, a precious little girl. My OCD is one of the worst cases ever in the world. I lock myself to my bed every night and I have done so every night for almost 30 years. I was hospitalized so many times. I cannot agree with cognitive therapy. I remember at one hospital, medical personnel being trained to throw up their hands and say - Ok, we are not going to talk about that. - when I would try to tell them something that was troubling me. Why was I there? Later in 1987 I was put on one of the SSRI drugs and it has been the reason I am able to go on. Reassurance has also helped me to go on. Reassurance has saved my life. So you can see why I don't seem to fit in here. I've begun to have some problems with ads again making it difficult to get around the site easily also. I needed friends. As you can tell I'm very sick with this illness too. Sometimes I read posts and I get so frightened but I still try to help. Do I have a place here?

Yes, you certainly do have a place here... That's why you're here. :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Absolutely, you fit in here. OCD issues are a common topic on this forum. You are not alone in that. Is there a different reason for why you say you don't fit in?

I have struggled with OCD, too. I'm saddened to hear your struggle has been so intense, but glad to hear the SSRI meds help. :)

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm very happy to have you! I really appreciate the kind and encouraging responses you always give people. Thank you for being so caring and making the effort to reach out to others who are struggling. We all need each other!

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Ryosuke

Jan 7, 2021
Beirut
✟12,146.00
Country
Lebanon
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
of course you belong , I'm not very active here I initially came for reassurance and help about ocd , I was feeling condemned to death that I committed the unforgivable sin I was a mess but you replied to my post with such kind words that made me cry , please know that you were very sympatric to my pain and very loving that I couldn't not reply here , you guys were the reason for hope to move on I was about to lose my faith and I'm still struggling but your kindness was my light from God in the time of my suffering , please know that lot of people like me cant thank you enough for what you have done even if you feel it was nothing but for me it was a saver having your responses so please know that you are very loved here :)

Upvote 0