Ivanka Trump at Japanese Prime Minister Meeting Was 'Out of a Tin Pot Oligarchy'

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was actually half waiting for someone to make a biblical reference to his towers. After 9/11 when the twin towers fell, there were all sort of think pieces and pseudo-prophecies over the twin towers and the United States being doomed. Then I find out that Trump has two towers side by side in Istanbul. No think pieces yet tho....

I was just being a geek, not a prophet there! It's a classic super villain thing from a comic book to live in a lonely tower...

The most common theme for pseudo-prophets to speak about here is a Russian invasion (we live next door to Russia). But they're pretty clever, they often give "if the nation doesn't come back to God by date X" condition for the war they predict, so if the war doesn't happen, they can say that thanks to them, the people heard the warning and came back to God...

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot think of any president-elect or vice president-elect that had the brass to do things like Trump; not even Cheney was that obvious.
What do his tax returns show?

I'm sorry but this is rather funny really, what did you all expect. Of coarse he is going to use the next couple of months to make all the business connections he can before he actually takes the oath of office.
He knows what the rules are so he is making time while the sun is still shining on the Trump Empire.
What did he say, something like he could shot someone in the street and his supporters would still support him. You thought he was joking with you. He wasn't.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Perhaps nowhere is that possibility more obvious than Trump’s newly renovated hotel a few blocks from the White House, on Pennsylvania Avenue. Rooms sold out quickly for the inauguration, many for five-night minimums priced at five times the normal rate, according to the hotel’s manager.

To many of the guests at the reception Tuesday, accepting an invitation to tour the $212 million hotel and check out the $20,000-a-night, 6,300-square-foot “town house” suite seemed like a good idea. They spoke admiringly about the renovation and left with a goody bag of chocolates and a brochure. It listed the choices of accommodations and meeting rooms and expounded on the location’s “striking prominence” at historical moments such as the Inauguration Day parade.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...8-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?tid=sm_tw

No, Trump wouldn't use the Presidency to make him self money. Not at all! He would make mandatory 5 night stays and jack up the price 5 times over for any inauguration. In the same article it talks about how he invited 100 diplomats to stay at his Hotel and sold them on his other hotels around the world. He is cashing on this Presidency for every penny he can squeeze out of it. Not to mention all the hotels and golf courses he will be able to pitch to all the ambassadors and Prime Ministers all over the world with his Chinese steel construction and foreign labor. He'll pull down at least a billion. That;s not even counting the pay-offs, bribes and under the table deals he will make for and with his friends. Genius move going for the Presidency!

• Informative
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps nowhere is that possibility more obvious than Trump’s newly renovated hotel a few blocks from the White House, on Pennsylvania Avenue. Rooms sold out quickly for the inauguration, many for five-night minimums priced at five times the normal rate, according to the hotel’s manager.

To many of the guests at the reception Tuesday, accepting an invitation to tour the $212 million hotel and check out the $20,000-a-night, 6,300-square-foot “town house” suite seemed like a good idea. They spoke admiringly about the renovation and left with a goody bag of chocolates and a brochure. It listed the choices of accommodations and meeting rooms and expounded on the location’s “striking prominence” at historical moments such as the Inauguration Day parade.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...8-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?tid=sm_tw

No, Trump wouldn't use the Presidency to make him self money. Not at all! He would make mandatory 5 night stays and jack up the price 5 times over for any inauguration. In the same article it talks about how he invited 100 diplomats to stay at his Hotel and sold them on his other hotels around the world. He is cashing on this Presidency for every penny he can squeeze out of it. Not to mention all the hotels and golf courses he will be able to pitch to all the ambassadors and Prime Ministers all over the world with his Chinese steel construction and foreign labor. He'll pull down at least a billion. That;s not even counting the pay-offs, bribes and under the table deals he will make for and with his friends. Genius move going for the Presidency!

That's what happens when you fight imagined enemies (some freaking global conspiracy) and an imagined elite. All you achieve is to ignore the actually existing, actually power abusing elite, the billionaires. Newsflash: Donny is one of them and now he has more power to abuse than he used to. Enjoy the ride.

I told you so.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is he not the president elect? He's being given top secret intel that requires the highest security clearances. Can I just do that? Can you?

Grasping at straws there - I am and was a private citizen and held a high security clearance because of my working with the DOD.

So please, cite your sources showing when he no longer was a private citizen, having not been sworn into, nor does he hold an office as of yet.

That transition happens after he places his hand on the Bible and swears the Oath of the office he has been elected to.

Very much like entering the military. You can go down to the recruiters, sign the paperwork, but until you're sworn in, you are still a private citizen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just being a geek, not a prophet there! It's a classic super villain thing from a comic book to live in a lonely tower...

The most common theme for pseudo-prophets to speak about here is a Russian invasion (we live next door to Russia). But they're pretty clever, they often give "if the nation doesn't come back to God by date X" condition for the war they predict, so if the war doesn't happen, they can say that thanks to them, the people heard the warning and came back to God...

But the Obama admin and Hillary Babylon Rodham Clinton were close to making war with Russia..NYET!!!!

st_20161119_xjetrump_2751870-1536x1298.jpg

Now before anyone freaks out, technically an American flag was posted on Billboards in Russia and old Soviet eastern EU countries....

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I understood your reference, it just made me realize we hadn't heard any tower associations yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
One thing sticks out in this thread, rather than address the allegation or question being posed, you see Trump supporters simply resorting to ad hominem attacks. If nothing is wrong, ad hominem is not needed, you can present the case that this does not break anti-nepotism rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought Trump was gonna change all that? You guys were going on and on about how much of a non politician he'll be.

That all went out the window quicker than I thought it would.

He's not even in office yet.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He's not even in office yet.
That's exactly what I'm saying. He's not even in office yet and you're already suggesting he should limit his press coverage.

It's going to be a long 4 years if we haven't even started yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simply resorting to attacking someone rather than demonstrating that there is no conflict in having your children running your company while meeting foreign leaders.

Having a knee jerk reaction to a member of his transition team, who happens to be his daughter sitting in on a meeting automatically is a conflict of interest is a weakness at best.

Combine that with it being an Intorduction. A chance to meet and greet face to face for the first time. It's much ado about nothing.

Just another over reaction of the media.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I meant look at what he has already done.

You mean have a meet and greet with the prime minister of Japan? How horrible. Perhaps he should just snub him right off the bat.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Having a knee jerk reaction to a member of his transition team, who happens to be his daughter sitting in on a meeting automatically is a conflict of interest is a weakness at best.

I thought his kids were going to be running the business, so as to avoid the appearance of any conflicts of interest?

Upvote 0