It's official: Al Franken says he will resign, though he denies many of the allegations

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think 16 reasonable. Most 16 year old girls are sexually mature and capable of functioning as adults. Which is where it is in many states, including Alabama.

Dating any 16 year old girls SOTK? Would you?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately for Franken, he admitted to most of the early accusations that were made against him, but then tried to backpedal.

Whichever way the case of Roy Moore turns out, he is unlike Franken in that he denied that the claims made against him were true, and the accusers couldn't substantiate them.

The recent decision of the democrats to try to pose as champions of womanhood may pay off if the media push the point for them, but their hypocrisy is quite apparent.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think public opinion is the way to ascertain guilt?

Ask the people behind the smear campaigns.

Is this the same public that elected a self-centred, juvenile, serial liar to the highest office in the land?

That election was precisely what my quote referred to...

Dating any 16 year old girls SOTK? Would you?

Pretending for the moment that I were still single, no - but for practical reasons, not because I think it's inherently wrong.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Whichever way the case of Roy Moore turns out, he is unlike Franken in that he denied that the claims made against him were true, and the accusers couldn't substantiate them.
... and one has now even admitted to forging evidence against Moore.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately for Franken, he admitted to most of the early accusations that were made against him, but then tried to backpedal.

The recent decision of the democrats to try to pose as champions of womanhood may pay off if the media push the point for them, but their hypocrisy is quite apparent.

They are from from Hypocrite in this situation. "Tried" to backpedal not the same as Backpedalling.

How much more proof do you need?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
That may be why he's leaving - to set some sort of precedent.

I don't think they'll bite, though. Different stuff - and less pictures. :D

Franken has pictures showing he almost touched Tweeden.

Trump has a recording of him bragging about assaulting women.

Surely, I picture of almost touching is more incriminating than an admission.

I'm not sad to see Franken go. If he was guilty of the acts he was accused of, he should resign. However, the standard needs to be equally applied to other guilty parties as well.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Franken has pictures showing he almost touched Tweeden.

Trump has a recording of him bragging about assaulting women.

Surely, I picture of almost touching is more incriminating than an admission.

I'm not sad to see Franken go. If he was guilty of the acts he was accused of, he should resign. However, the standard needs to be equally applied to other guilty parties as well.
I like your choice of words: Admission.

I would call it bragging. But that's just me. :)

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I like your choice of words: Admission.

I would call it bragging. But that's just me. :)

I agree, I would call it bragging...which is why that I called it bragging even before I called it an admission. Really, it was both. He unwittingly admitted to it when he bragged.

Franken admitted to at least part of it as well. If it were merely the poorly thought out publicity picture of Franken, I wouldn't think that has any real reflection upon Franken other than his poor taste as a comedian. The forced kissing part of her story, as well as the other allegations against Franken are what are troubling.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, I would call it bragging...which is why that I called it bragging even before I called it an admission. Really, it was both. He unwittingly admitted to it when he bragged.

Franken admitted to at least part of it as well. If it were merely the poorly thought out publicity picture of Franken, I wouldn't think that has any real reflection upon Franken other than his poor taste as a comedian. The forced kissing part of her story, as well as the other allegations against Franken are what are troubling.
I have to confess that though a lot of this stuff is not a good thing, I'm starting to take the attitude, regardless of the political affiliation of the accuse, that this is like wanting to ban hockey player from the rink for getting into fights.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums