• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's official: Al Franken says he will resign, though he denies many of the allegations

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 7, 2017.

1. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+5,595
    Atheist
    Married
    Easier than I thought. Let's see what "..." means

child
    CHīld/
    noun
    noun: child; plural noun: children
    1. a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

2. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+1,307
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Engaged
    Most European countries do allow 16 year olds to drink. Why?

3. cow451

cow451 Shaken, Not Stirred Supporter

+6,238
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    The Alabama election (they haven’t renamed the State yet) is only five days away.

4. cow451

+6,238
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Like Nixon. Crazy.

5. cow451

+6,238
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Splain how Franken can take down Trump. Did he tape their tryst?

6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member

+2,040
    Catholic
    Married
    He should have provided real apologies, sorry for his actions instead instead of being sorry those women felt badly. He should have resigned effective immediately. He should have admitted that he dishonored the Senate, which he did. Dishonored Minnesota, which he did. Dishonored women, which he did. And he should have gone off to become a very private citizen. Instead we get him continuing to play politics. It's kind of revolting.

The Trump sexual thing was and continues to be revolting. That was enough for me to walk out of the door of the Republican Party before the election. And because the Republicans compromised their values to look the other way about Trump, they can all the more easily look the other way about Moore. The best we can expect in that mess is that it was all just fake news. Failing that the best would be he is expelled and Alabama gets to try again at sending a Senator to Washington. But somehow I think it will be a political thing rather than a more common sense moral issue. Folks tolerate their own kind of abuser way too long. We have people in Minnesota even now bewailing how they lost a Senator who was such a 'friend to women'. Yup. Sure he was. What a joke.

7. chevyontheriver

+2,040
    Catholic
    Married
    He can try. They have had the goal of impeachment since the day after the election. I suspect they will keep trying until the day Trump leaves office at the end of his (first or second) term. Maybe Franken will do some damage. We'll see.

8. cow451

+6,238
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    That’s a weak answer but thanks for trying.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+1,367
    Seeker
    Single
    Thats just lame.... Cutting off the portion of the definition that spoils one's point.

10. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+1,307
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Engaged
    In the case of Trump, the question of the acceptability of his conduct was settled last year. He was tried in the court of public opinion, and he was acquitted. As for Moore, I believe the verdict will be coming on Tuesday...

11. chevyontheriver

+2,040
    Catholic
    Married
    I don't pretend to have evidence in front of me about Franken, Trump, or Moore, or for that matter anyone else. But I have seen Franken operate now for about nine years so I can speculate as to what he might do next.

12. cow451

+6,238
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Fair ‘nuf

13. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+2,471
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Kind of like an OJ ‘acquittal’, right....?

14. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+740
    Agnostic
    Private
    Al Franken the known DINO?

15. expos4ever

expos4ever Left This Site

+1,682
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Do you think public opinion is the way to ascertain guilt?

Is this the same public that elected a self-centred, juvenile, serial liar to the highest office in the land?

16. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+5,188
    Methodist
    Married
    ... at least three times in recent memory. [​IMG]

17. wing2000

wing2000 Ex Crosswalk Member Supporter

+2,690
    Christian
    Married
    Cynicism? The GOP leadership, which only 3 weeks ago stated they believed Moore's accusers, are now pretending those women never existed. Moore himself stated he does not know them - a blatant lie.

You can use all the cute words you want (virtue signaling -really?) but in the end, the GOP is supporting a man who at 32 years old, sexually exploited under age teenagers.

18. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+5,188
    Methodist
    Married
    Such accusations from a party which elevated a serial rapist to the highest office in the land ... and refused to remove him from office even after his misdeeds were well established.

The same party which even attempted to establish a dynasty upon that legacy merely one year ago.

19. Rion

Rion "Trigger Warning" is one of my triggers Supporter

+3,721
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    [​IMG]

20. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+4,739
    United States
    Married
    Seeing how the Bush dynasty turned out, that was a good thing.