Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. None of us is perfect. Some matches are better than others, but nobody finds a perfect partner. Experience tells me that women are no more likely to find good partners than men are, let alone perfection. And those who like to show off how supposedly perfect they are? I have to wonder who they're trying to convince.

It's healthy to desire love, and to occasionally vent if we're feeling lonely, but life isn't fair. We live in a fallen world. It isn't all bad, of course. There's a lot of amazing stuff out there, a lot to be thankful for, but unfairness and injustice come with the territory.

Speaking of unfair, look at what they did to Jesus. The unfairness that he experienced is beyond words. Imagine being the son of God and having your body killed by random Roman soldiers after a mob stupidly chanted for your death, while letting a criminal off the hook. All this after healing the sick, teaching about love and wisdom through parables, etc. I'm also convinced that he felt the same kind of romantic feelings that we do, and knows what loneliness is like. Hopefully, this helps. I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture, but put things into perspective. It can be helpful to think how it must have felt for the creator of the universe to go through something like this. Or, more importantly, what he was trying to tell us about how our pain is understood and how we're not alone.

But anyway, who are those supposedly perfect people trying to convince? Others, themselves, or both? We have a lot to be thankful for, and should be careful to not let comparisons get the better of us.

They are lucky that Jesus was not the kind of person to say anything or be a crybaby about suffering through that kind of thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my dream of the New Earth, there were couples indeed.

But there's also lots of different humanoid species. Aliens if you may. Some of them resembled the monsters of legend. Some had green skin, some had tentacles on their face, you get the idea.

The place in general looks like its built by children. I'll leave that to your imagination!

What does the supposed existence of different humanoid species besides current humans have to do with the topic on this thread?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What does the supposed existence of different humanoid species besides current humans have to do with the topic on this thread?

From your OP, you made it sound like heaven is a dreadful place that if you can't be satisfied now with the most beautiful partner or wife, you'll never had the chance to be that happy in heaven due to lack of sexual desire.

I just have to chime in and tell heaven is really the best place there is if you think like a little child.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From your OP, you made it sound like heaven is a dreadful place that if you can't be satisfied now with the most beautiful partner or wife, you'll never had the chance to be that happy in heaven due to lack of sexual desire.

I just have to chime in and tell heaven is really the best place there is if you think like a little child.

Or even as an old man with disabilities and have suffered the loss of loved ones, and no longer feel needed or wanted.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Maybe not "dreadful" but still kind of a let down, and that God will change our preferences and desires when he already allowed us to have and pursue those down here. And I also believe if that's true, there is no such thing as absolute free will or choice.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe not "dreadful" but still kind of a let down, and that God will change our preferences and desires when he already allowed us to have and pursue those down here. And I also believe if that's true, there is no such thing as absolute free will or choice.

How old are you now? I'm guessing between 18 and 30. When you get older and your desires change (just as they did between when you were 5 and 18), is that your free will being removed? Or is that just signs of maturing?

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
How would that work? Would He force the issue to sate your need? Does the person have a choice or is resolution the goal?

This reminds me of God Is a Matchmaker by Derek Prince. He believed the Lord led him to his wives. He wasn’t interested in either beforehand. I’ve read it more than once.

While I enjoyed the book the notion was disquieting. There was someone interested in me and I didn’t reciprocate. But He showed me I could but didn’t want to. It was a horrible experience. Horrible in the sense you can be moved.

We had a lot in common but he was work and I didn’t want that. I wanted someone with less challenges, responsibilities, etc. The experience taught me a lot and validated something I read long ago. If you will to love someone you can.

I found myself asking a similar question later on. Is it fair? Is it fair you can have what you want? Would it be better to have less? I wrestled with it for awhile.

As Meatloaf said, “I will do anything for love but I won’t do that.” I realized he was wrong. You may say no to them and bend for another.

Derek said He filled his heart with love for her. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. But I’m not him. I need mutuality and regard. I don’t want to be spiritually endowed with love. I want to love him because he’s worthy and inspires it.

You need willing vessels to make it work. I can understand the principle of pairing two lonely hearts. They’re both in need. But everyone that’s single isn’t in that group and you’ll probably have pushback.

~bella

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm still upset about the whole issue when I originally made this post, it isn't helping that the world we are seeing is in a steep decline, especially this late stage. If my desire to spend time with a girl and also have children isn't restored in Heaven or the New Earth, the least that I can get is that God can give or lead me to someone to still experience it down here in a way that cuts off all the "normal" struggle with doing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm still upset about the whole issue when I originally made this post, it isn't helping that the world we are seeing is in a steep decline, especially this late stage. If my desire to spend time with a girl and also have children isn't restored in Heaven or the New Earth, the least that I can get is that God can give or lead me to someone to still experience it down here in a way that cuts off all the "normal" struggle with doing it.

You make it sound as if all you need to be satisfied in life is to find a girl and have children. Do those who you know that have acheived this told you that they are now completely satisfied?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
it isn't helping that the world we are seeing is in a steep decline, especially this late stage.

I agree with you the world is in a steep decline. But there is still hope if you're looking for Godly partner.

Volunteer for Christian missions. I think it's a great way to meet someone with a pure heart, untainted with worldliness. It's NOT a guarantee but will certainly improve your chances of finding someone who isn't part of the "steep decline".

I personally know many who met their spouses in missions and led to a long lasting marriage. Some of them are my relatives.

Of course, in order to be real and genuine, you need to set your heart right for missions. Don't do it to find eligible spouse. Wrong intentions can lead to trouble.

If Christian missions are not your cup of tea, you can also volunteer for secular, non-religious humanitarian or human-relief missions.

I would have volunteered for those as well if only I can afford it!

Upvote 0