Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given the context we are living seeing this world in real time declining into an abyss until we go extinct, and that when Jesus returns all of our memory and desire of sexuality and romantic relationships will be wiped from us anyway (most likely), why can't God take it into his hands to directly give lonely and single people a partner if the way the world operates is hostile to us trying to do it ourselves? If we can't have it satiated for the rest of eternity, I feel like that is the least God can do for us who felt longing for it for an extended period of time (since I was a teenager) but never had it fulfilled or not in the "awesome" kind of way we would have imagined or wanted i.e. the "hottest and most awesome man/woman", etc. It is like being tortured, it is not fair.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Given the context we are living seeing this world in real time declining into an abyss until we go extinct, and that when Jesus returns all of our memory and desire of sexuality and romantic relationships will be wiped from us anyway (most likely), why can't God take it into his hands to directly give lonely and single people a partner if the way the world operates is hostile to us trying to do it ourselves? If we can't have it satiated for the rest of eternity, I feel like that is the least God can do for us who felt longing for it for an extended period of time (since I was a teenager) but never had it fulfilled or not in the "awesome" kind of way we would have imagined or wanted i.e. the "hottest and most awesome man/woman", etc. It is like being tortured, it is not fair.
Are you for real? You want your diety to just toss you the woman of your dreams?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He did that already. Her name was Eve. It still ended less than optimally.

Maybe there's wisdom in making us find partners ourselves.
But did you not get the point though? Eve was only a one-time thing created for Adam. Actually, if he created Eve for Adam, why can't he do the same for everyone else that wants so.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
But did you not get the point though? Eve was only a one-time thing created for Adam. Actually, if he created Eve for Adam, why can't he do the same for everyone else that wants so.

Yes, I got the point, but this is in "why can't God fix everything instantly for everyone everywhere" territory, for me. I don't know that it's that He can't (I don't believe there's anything God can't do), so I would be asking myself then why it might be that He would not or does not. I don't even think that's a very healthy activity to engage in (after all, the scriptures tell us that His thoughts and ways are not ours), but if I were going down that road anyway, that's what I would wonder.

I certainly don't think God wants you (or anyone) to be lonely, or at least I wouldn't assume that. But I likewise wouldn't want to treat God like some kind of holy concierge who is there to do my bidding or whatever.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I know plenty of guys who found their "Eve". Then after a number of years, they're on the eve of bankruptcy trying to keep up with the alimony and child support payments.
Not exactly the paradise you may believe it to be.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Do the women get a perfect partner too? Or are they supposed to just take whoever lusts for them?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I got the point, but this is in "why can't God fix everything instantly for everyone everywhere" territory, for me. I don't know that it's that He can't (I don't believe there's anything God can't do), so I would be asking myself then why it might be that He would not or does not. I don't even think that's a very healthy activity to engage in (after all, the scriptures tell us that His thoughts and ways are not ours), but if I were going down that road anyway, that's what I would wonder.

I certainly don't think God wants you (or anyone) to be lonely, or at least I wouldn't assume that. But I likewise wouldn't want to treat God like some kind of holy concierge who is there to do my bidding or whatever.
I asked because we live in a society among other men that think they need to regulate the majority's lives and social interactions, formally by law or informally through social pressure.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I asked because we live in a society among other men that think they need to regulate the majority's lives and social interactions, formally by law or informally through social pressure.

Alright, ya lost me. I don't see what this has to do with you wanting God to just give you the perfect woman of your dreams to marry just because you want that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep, women can get perfect partners.
The problem is with the times. Why do you think men are happy to settle with anything, but women have extremely high standards? It is because, in part, women are fairly new in controlling the dating game. Most, not all, don't know what they really want in a man. It is not really misogynistic, it is clearly obvious that the feminist movement (that is, the extremist kind) has had a hand in the way things are now.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Women can get perfect partners...?

Not a woman here, but for some reason I find that very hard to believe.
Agreed. None of us is perfect. Some matches are better than others, but nobody finds a perfect partner. Experience tells me that women are no more likely to find good partners than men are, let alone perfection. And those who like to show off how supposedly perfect they are? I have to wonder who they're trying to convince.

It's healthy to desire love, and to occasionally vent if we're feeling lonely, but life isn't fair. We live in a fallen world. It isn't all bad, of course. There's a lot of amazing stuff out there, a lot to be thankful for, but unfairness and injustice come with the territory.

Speaking of unfair, look at what they did to Jesus. The unfairness that he experienced is beyond words. Imagine being the son of God and having your body killed by random Roman soldiers after a mob stupidly chanted for your death, while letting a criminal off the hook. All this after healing the sick, teaching about love and wisdom through parables, etc. I'm also convinced that he felt the same kind of romantic feelings that we do, and knows what loneliness is like. Hopefully, this helps. I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture, but put things into perspective. It can be helpful to think how it must have felt for the creator of the universe to go through something like this. Or, more importantly, what he was trying to tell us about how our pain is understood and how we're not alone.

But anyway, who are those supposedly perfect people trying to convince? Others, themselves, or both? We have a lot to be thankful for, and should be careful to not let comparisons get the better of us.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
when Jesus returns, all of our memory and desire of sexuality and romantic relationships will be wiped from us anyway (most likely)........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ but never had it fulfilled or not in the "awesome" kind of way we would have imagined or wanted i.e. the "hottest and most awesome man/woman", etc. It is like being tortured, it is not fair.

If the sexual desire is gone totally, it won't be torture anymore not having any partner. Get it?? ;)

In fact, it's a very liberating experience!:oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

I have a lot less sex drive now (at the age of 40) than I was over 10 years ago. It's not completely gone yet but I can tell you, it's a very liberating experience! It allows me to look at relationships more objectively that goes beyond physical attraction only. It helped made me more discerning of other people.

And of course, it feels great not to be burning with desire all the time. I can now look at lovely couples and feel happy for them instead of the feeling of bitter envy I used to have for lovely couples.

The problem of being hang up with physical attraction is we grow old and get uglier and then you no longer love the person you married and then the burning desire returns. YOu'll never be satisfied!

Sexual desire being gone trust me, is an improvement. Sex is like a drug anyway. It only makes you feel good for short moment and then you're miserable if not. Just like a drug!

Perhaps, eating delicious foods is different!^_^ and we can still eat in heaven. Not betting on it but of course, I don't have experience of what it's like to never feel hunger!

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being fully honest with you, even if God took a rib from every guy to make their perfect mate-- an Eve for every Adam and an Adam for every Eve-- people would complain about their mate-- about not getting a choice-- about someone else's mate being better, smarter, more attractive, kinder, richer, etc than their mate.

We are imperfect creatures and in so many ways, we are impossible to please. And in everything in life, we don't treasure the things we didn't have to work for the same way as we treasure the things we shed blood, sweat, and tears for.

Upvote 0

Spingle

Oct 3, 2022
Westport, Connecticut
✟26,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't see there not being relationships in the New World. And, as we know, life will be perfect. If not in this life, we can at least hold on to the hope of love and companionship in the next.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can't see there not being relationships in the New World. And, as we know, life will be perfect. If not in this life, we can at least hold on to the hope of love and companionship in the next.

In my dream of the New Earth, there were couples indeed.

But there's also lots of different humanoid species. Aliens if you may. Some of them resembled the monsters of legend. Some had green skin, some had tentacles on their face, you get the idea.

The place in general looks like its built by children. I'll leave that to your imagination!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,922.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You may find there is one tiny problem in heaven as well:

"Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of God"

While pure and innocent children can form couples with the opposite sex if left by themselves, they don't think of sex.

My glimpse of heaven in a dream, not everyone in there is "good looking" - if we use worldly standards to judge "beauty" or sexual attractiveness.

Some of the people there are not really humans, they are aliens from another planet, from another solar system. I saw one with few tentacles on their face with greenish skin hue. Ironically, I only saw very few humans. Most of the inhabitants are aliens.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is just what I'm going to say. But I double people in heaven isn't looking for sex all the time because they're all dressed with non-revealing clothes. And if you do think like a little child, it unusual to think of sex too often.

Upvote 0