• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

It'll never be over.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I was reading online a "helpful" guide this morning about ending flashbacks. Not saying they're not helpful for a lot of people but they definitely aren't for me. 1. It assumed that our childhood trauma ended in the past and in our childhood. My childhood trauma may be finally over in my late adult years but my Traumz lives and continues on with my wife. It will never be over. I will never not constantly be on alert, petrified to death that something is going to happen. My dog is the same way, traumatized and always terrified and on alert, which, doesn't help with my anxiety.

It will never be over, I went to see my Elder yestersay afternoong and he told me the truth that Jesus and God told us to never be afraid and that God is always with us.

Cool, but that does nothing in making me feel better and helping me heal from over 30 years of daily trauma. I thought I was alone but apparently this is more common than I think. Even among Christians. So I'm not as much as a failure to Jesus as I thought. I'm just getting sick of being petrified and feeling like I'm going to die every second of everyday. You try every treatment and medication out there in hopes of relief but, the truth is no relief is out there. I have to be completely traumatized for my whole life and. This sucks. I hate so much not being what Jesus and tells me to be. It's killing me inside.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is some helpful stuff out there that I'm sure can help you. Richard Grannon (below), aka Spartan Life coach etc. has a lot of stuff both for free and big bundled/discounted groups of self help classes that could probably help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I was reading online a "helpful" guide this morning about ending flashbacks. Not saying they're not helpful for a lot of people but they definitely aren't for me. 1. It assumed that our childhood trauma ended in the past and in our childhood. My childhood trauma may be finally over in my late adult years but my Traumz lives and continues on with my wife. It will never be over. I will never not constantly be on alert, petrified to death that something is going to happen. My dog is the same way, traumatized and always terrified and on alert, which, doesn't help with my anxiety.

It will never be over, I went to see my Elder yestersay afternoong and he told me the truth that Jesus and God told us to never be afraid and that God is always with us.

Cool, but that does nothing in making me feel better and helping me heal from over 30 years of daily trauma. I thought I was alone but apparently this is more common than I think. Even among Christians. So I'm not as much as a failure to Jesus as I thought. I'm just getting sick of being petrified and feeling like I'm going to die every second of everyday. You try every treatment and medication out there in hopes of relief but, the truth is no relief is out there. I have to be completely traumatized for my whole life and. This sucks. I hate so much not being what Jesus and tells me to be. It's killing me inside.
I'd like it if you could go on a little vacation for a few days, like camping in a tent perhaps (the weather is starting to cool now in many areas), and spend the time just reading/listening to Christ, so that you receive His promise about what comes from that learning from Him, that peace:
" “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 11:28-30 - New International Version

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There’s an extent to which the things we go through stay with us. Trauma suffered as a child or adult can just change our psychology, reactions to things, personality, and tendencies for good, and realizing that is a good first step. That’s ok. It doesn’t make you a bad Christian, and your trauma is not a reflection of your faith. Christians experience trauma, get depressed, feel hopeless. It happens. It doesn’t make you a bad Christian. Hang in there, Neo.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0