Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The article is an interview with a reformed White Nationalist and is from The Atlantic:

A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come

Christian Picciolini has been working to rescue people who have become entrapped in the White Nationalism ideology for the last thirty years. His insight on the issue is a warning for all.

His last comment sums it up nicely: "I really think we need to get away from using the term lone wolves, because while they are single actors, they are part of a larger ecosystem. I just think it’s going to get worse before it gets better. They’re all trying to outdo each other, not just the last person, but Timothy McVeigh. Terrorists will always find another way to do it. I have to ask myself, Do we have white-nationalist airline pilots? There have to be. I knew people in powerful positions, in politics, in law enforcement, who were secretly white nationalists. I think we’d be stupid and selfish to think that we don’t have those in the truck-driving industry."

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The article is an interview with a reformed White Nationalist and is from The Atlantic:

Christian Picciolini has been working to rescue people who have become entrapped in the White Nationalism ideology for the last thirty years. His insight on the issue is a warning for all.

His last comment sums it up nicely: "I really think we need to get away from using the term lone wolves, because while they are single actors, they are part of a larger ecosystem. I just think it’s going to get worse before it gets better. They’re all trying to outdo each other, not just the last person, but Timothy McVeigh. Terrorists will always find another way to do it. I have to ask myself, Do we have white-nationalist airline pilots? There have to be. I knew people in powerful positions, in politics, in law enforcement, who were secretly white nationalists. I think we’d be stupid and selfish to think that we don’t have those in the truck-driving industry."

Yes, I read that, and just now I'm remembering a more articulate person also telling about this in a more comprehensive way, in another article (did you see?) -- A Warning From Europe: The Worst Is Yet to Come
(funny how it feels like more than just a year has passed since I read this, which first appeared online well before the print edition came out; oddly it feels as if more like closer to 2 years, like a more time has passed...a lot has happened since...)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Depending on how deeply you want to understand what's happening, another article I just found and am reading, and it's getting at the root things.
What Ails the Right Isn’t (Just) Racism

• Winner
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps we should stop doing the things that give rise to such 'zealots'.

Stop being the USA? The White Nationalists ultimate goal is to overthrow the United States as it's constitution stands in the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I read that, and just now I'm remembering a more articulate person also telling about this in a more comprehensive way, in another article (did you see?) -- A Warning From Europe: The Worst Is Yet to Come
(funny how it feels like more than just a year has passed since I read this, which first appeared online well before the print edition came out; oddly it feels as if more like closer to 2 years, like a more time has passed...a lot has happened since...)

I did not see that article. In many ways it does look like 1937-9 Germany, huh?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not see that article. In many ways it does look like 1937-9 Germany, huh?
Quite a few parallels, yes, and thankfully some significant differences (the U.S. isn't the victim of a retaliatory and unfair Treaty of Versailles. ...though on the other hand, we are a victim in a way of the calculated economic harm caused by the top-down power-driven Chinese economic strategy, so that is a partial parallel in a way perhaps). But yes there are some, or enough, parallels to concern anyone sensitive to increasing hate crimes and such, which more of us should be.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
After eight years of Obama having white nationalism as his number 1 terrorist priority, I suspect "White Nationalism" is about where the KKK was in the 1960s - DEAD.

For those unaware:
The FBI Crushed the Klan and Should Target Violent White Supremacists Today

At some point in the late 1960s, you could be forgiven for thinking that the FBI was running the KKK.

It infiltrated, manipulated, and ran the Klan into the ground. The name of the operation: COINTELPRO–White Hate (cointelpro meant counter-intelligence program).
The effort was comprehensive and no-holds-barred. In his history of the FBI, Tim Weiner writes that “the FBI dangled small fortunes before potential KKK informers, offered outright bribes to Klansmen who could serve as double agents inside state and local police forces, planted bugs and wiretaps in Klaverns, carried out black-bag jobs to steal membership lists and (on at least one occasion) dynamite caches.”
The FBI acquired hundreds of Klan informants, accounting for at least 6 percent of the membership, probably more. According to one FBI official, “There would be a Klan meeting with ten people there, and six of them would be reporting back the next day.”

The article has this telling statement:

These self-radicalizing freaks ...​

Which means there is no organization to infiltrate any more. (Any so-called KKK march may actually be more of an FBI march.) The FBI has already testified to congress that White Nationalism remains their number 1 terrorist priority.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

While people assume "white nationalists" are what we're to be so afraid of, the attention is magically taken off of "people of color" who commit murders and terrorism.

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Turning the country over to illegal immigrants.
Ah, got it. Our zealots are created only in the presence of 'illegal immigrants'. So how do our zealots know which people are 'illegal immigrants' and which are not? The reports I've seen about these acts of domestic terrorism seem to be more random than just targeting 'illegal immigrants'.

It is more like they just want to kill people...any people. So maybe we shouldn't turn the country over to....people.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah, got it. Our zealots are created only in the presence of 'illegal immigrants'. So how do our zealots know which people are 'illegal immigrants' and which are not? The reports I've seen about these acts of domestic terrorism seem to be more random than just targeting 'illegal immigrants'.

It is more like they just want to kill people...any people. So maybe we shouldn't turn the country over to....people.

Then it sounds like they weren't so "white nationalist" after all.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christian Picciolini:
"The [white-supremacist] ideology is spreading more into the mainstream than it ever has before. There aren’t checks and balances to counter it. There aren’t programs being funded to help people disengage from extremism. Some of the rhetoric coming from the very top is emboldening extremists."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Then it sounds like they weren't so "white nationalist" after all.
I think maybe 'white nationalist' means they don't care whether the POC are here illegally or legally. My point...however obscure it was...is that stopping 'illegal' immigrants would not be sufficient.

They seem to be targeting areas where POC might be expected to be and since they have such a short period of time to effect their damage, they don't try to make sure they miss genuine white people.

I have noticed that country clubs where wealthy white people hang out don't seem to be targets. And I don't recall any mass shootings in private gated communities. It is almost like if a white person shops in the same place POC shop they are probably liberals and it is open season on them too.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not upset or anything. I'm just trying to figure it all out. My only goal in life is to die of old age so once I get it all figured out, I will know where not to hang out.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of any politics, ignoring the ones in the news,

the Bible says things will be (and are) worse than ever before in the history of the world,

and will continue getting worse until Jesus Returns for His People.
I suspect this will come as a surprise to many, but Jesus isn't coming back. The planet will kill us before politics will. Once Global Warming kicks into high gear, there won't be any people left for Jesus to come get.

Jus' keeping it honest here...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think maybe 'white nationalist' means they don't care whether the POC are here illegally or legally. My point...however obscure it was...is that stopping 'illegal' immigrants would not be sufficient.

They seem to be targeting areas where POC might be expected to be and since they have such a short period of time to effect their damage, they don't try to make sure they miss genuine white people.

I have noticed that country clubs where wealthy white people hang out don't seem to be targets. And I don't recall any mass shootings in private gated communities. It is almost like if a white person shops in the same place POC shop they are probably liberals and it is open season on them too.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not upset or anything. I'm just trying to figure it all out. My only goal in life is to die of old age so once I get it all figured out, I will know where not to hang out.

It's quite possible that those who use a rifle to supposedly reduce the number of illegal immigrants are not thinking rationally. The El Paso shooter was also concerned about environmental issues as well: El Paso Terrorism Suspect’s Alleged Manifesto Highlights Eco-Fascism’s Revival

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I suspect this will come as a surprise to many, but Jesus isn't coming back. The planet will kill us before politics will. Once Global Warming kicks into high gear, there won't be any people left for Jesus to come get.

Jus' keeping it honest here...

When Jesus comes back, it will be a very quick event. Quicker than the predicted 12 years we've had left on Earth ever since the 70's.

Upvote 0