Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Which would make sense if you were just a regular citizen trying to convince a legislator to act...

If you're a legislator...it's just a publicity stunt.

It raises the awareness. The main point of civil disobedience. If regular citizens got arrested, no one would have noticed. But fortunately AOC was one of the 17 Congresscritters arrested and hislegacy gave her more oxygen.

Same reason MLK got arrested (without handcuffs):

(ok, he was not a representative, but you can probably understand the comparison)

Martin%20Luther%20King%20arrest.jpg

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It raises the awareness.

Raising awareness?!? Of what? The SCOTUS ruling?

"Raising awareness" is the answer one gives when one's protest is aimless, goalless, or pointless.

The main point of civil disobedience. If regular citizens got arrested, no one would have noticed. But fortunately AOC was one of the 17 Congresscritters arrested and hislegacy gave her more oxygen.

Her...gave her more oxygen.

Good choice of words. Like I said, a publicity stunt. If you think your constituents are ignorant enough to think that you didn't both inform the press....and call the police....then they might also donate to you.

Same reason MLK got arrested (without handcuffs):

(ok, he was not a representative, but you can probably understand the comparison)

Martin%20Luther%20King%20arrest.jpg

That's a bit of a stretch for comparisons.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
She wasn't arrested, hehe was faking being handcuffed, you know the lies being reapted through this topic?

I'm sure I don't know if she was pretending to be handcuffed or not....it doesn't really matter. It's clearly staged.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Raising awareness?!? Of what? The SCOTUS ruling?

"Raising awareness" is the answer one gives when one's protest is aimless, goalless, or pointless.

Her...gave her more oxygen.

Good choice of words. Like I said, a publicity stunt. If you think your constituents are ignorant enough to think that you didn't both inform the press....and call the police....then they might also donate to you.

That's a bit of a stretch for comparisons.
What’s the correct, Ana the 1st approved method, of staging a protest?!

She’s protesting wrong?

Mercy!

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What’s the correct, Ana the 1st approved method, of staging a protest?!

She’s protesting wrong?

Mercy!

Oh well...I guess I thought perhaps the left had learned a lesson after getting scammed by the previous group of protestors...

I suppose that's just wishful thinking. By all means, throw your time and effort into this....thing. I would just point out that the SCOTUS doesn't write any legislation so they can't actually give any rights or guarantee to medical treatment.

That's what your representatives are for.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh well...I guess I thought perhaps the left had learned a lesson after getting scammed by the previous group of protestors...

I suppose that's just wishful thinking. By all means, throw your time and effort into this....thing. I would just point out that the SCOTUS doesn't write any legislation so they can't actually give any rights or guarantee to medical treatment.

That's what your representatives are for.
We vote on rights now?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We vote on rights now?

Sometimes....California proposed a repeal of its civil rights anti-discrimination laws last midterm election if I remember correctly.

Those pesky civil rights keep getting in the way of the anti-racists.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Omar's staff member announced the staged arrest well before it happened.

Must be a temp.

According to the news account ... there were arrests .... now why Omar/AOC put their hands behind their back is really a non issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure I don't know if she was pretending to be handcuffed or not....it doesn't really matter. It's clearly staged.

RIGHT... and you base this on what? Other then the usual right attack the left for anything stupid to make them look bad? here is the thing, I WANT her to be there protesting and arrested if she has too I wish more were not protesting, standing up for what you believe in is something the left often doesn't bother to do when they are politiicians. I'm not sure why you are whining about AOC and the others DOING HER JOB.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
RIGHT... and you base this on what?

The fact that I exist in reality.

Other then the usual right attack the left for anything stupid to make them look bad? here is the thing, I WANT her to be there protesting and arrested if she has too I wish more were not protesting, standing up for what you believe in is something the left often doesn't bother to do when they are politiicians. I'm not sure why you are whining about AOC and the others DOING HER JOB.

Her job is writing legislation. She's out there pretending to "fight the power" and she is "the power". She isn't doing her job....she's pretending to be an activist.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact that I exist in reality.

Her job is writing legislation. She's out there pretending to "fight the power" and she is "the power". She isn't doing her job....she's pretending to be an activist.

she is fighting the power and doing her job, the fact you can't see that shows you really don't care about things.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
she is fighting the power

Nope...there's nothing to be achieved by protesting the SCOTUS, they are appointed for life, and need not consider the wishes of the people, politicians, or anyone else.

and doing her job, the fact you can't see that shows you really don't care about things.

I don't really care about AOC....but I do find it funny when people cheer her for wasting time and the taxpayers money.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Civil rights sit-ins were planned and organized back in the 1960s.

Right...sitting in a coffee shop that didn't allow black people until you were arrested and dragged away from the shop by police is a good way to draw attention to the law.

If AOC and the Squawd wanted to do something similar, they would all get pregnant, and then abort the babies in a place where they would be arrested for it.

That's not what they're doing though...they're obstructing an entryway because they disagree with the SCOTUS on a ruling. The mere fact that they are trying to use political pressure to influence the SCOTUS shows they aren't smart enough to know why the SCOTUS was set up to avoid the very same pressure she's "trying" to apply. That, or this is just a publicity stunt.

But they were not 'staged'. Just like this instance, the arrests are real.

I'm sure the arrests are real...I doubt anyone called the police on 20+ people for obstructing entry. She called the police on herself to get arrested for violating a law she completely agrees with...obstructing an entryway.

Upvote 0