• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

It feels Spiritually unfair to suffer so

Joanne P

Jul 11, 2011
USA
✟7,707.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Trish,

I thought as an educator you would be familiar with "I feel" statements. In psychology, therapists teach patients to use "I feel" statements to place their feelings into a neutral context. When using "I feel" statements, it is okay to say exactly what you feel, whether it is "valid" in reality or not. It helps us to analyze things from point one.... the heart.

Example...

I can say, "Suzy Q was a real jerk today!" This is an accusation and non productive.

Instead....

"I feel Suzy Q was trying to hurt me today!" This is a statement of my feelings about Suzy Q.... which may be valid. Maybe she was trying to be hurtful. Or... maybe it is invalid... and I was too sensitive.

When having a relationship with God, who is our Father and parent, it is good to have a relationship where we can express our feelings honestly, yet with respect. Using "I feel" statements with God is very theraputic! If you have not tried it, maybe consider. It is a great mental health tool.

It gives God a chance to respond to us in our hearts, as our Father.

God bless! Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joanne P

Jul 11, 2011
USA
✟7,707.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Awesome! We can even do that here, if you guys want to.

I'll start....

Lord Jesus,
I feel fortunate that today my suffering was less than sometimes. In fact, Lord, I feel you showed me your face in many of my friends today. One friend in particular, I thank you for allowing your grace and courage to shine through them and help me to heal through your Infinite Love.
I feel you manifesting your love and feel so happy. I feel you've held my heart in your loving presence today.
Thank you so much

And maybe a generalization as well...

Lord Jesus,
May people suffering with BPD have some sunshine in their weekends. May they feel your love. May they feel your mercy in their trials. May they feel close to you and our Heavenly Father, through the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Mary, Our Divine Mother,
Let us feel you watching over us as we are washed with so many changeable emotions. May we be able to sense and clearly perceive your graceful, calm, and sincere presence, through Christ Our Lord.

Amen :crossrc:

Upvote 0