Israel - Is it time to stop US support of this country?

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes and that was a mistake. Had they done a total takeover, Hamas and Hezbollah would not be flourishing today.

More rhetoric, unwittingly marching Israel straight to the gallows. It's funny, (but not unexpected), the Zionists have no plans for saving Israel except through greater acts of death and thievery.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No of course not, the process of finding a peaceful co existence for Israel and its neighbours will take decades, but a first start will be to stop building new settlements in occupied territories, and to try to find some dialogue.
1. The first step is to ensure that the rogue nation of Iran be held in check (which is already a lost cause). Iran has been funding war against Israel for decades and getting away with it. Now they have 1.7 billion dollars to obliterate Israel and bring the West to its knees.

2. Secondly there have been countless *talks* for decades which are all simply hot air. Since you will NEVER get Radical Islamists and the enemies of Israel to renounce Jihad, all talks are a waste of time ans money. Talks are merely an excuse to build up armaments and military force to resume unending warfare. The only talk they understand comes out of the barrel of a gun.

3. As to building in occupied territories, Israel should re-double its efforts and get on with the business of defending itself. The whole world (practically) is against Israel, so they should do whatever is in their own national interest.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
1. The first step is to ensure that the rogue nation of Iran be held in check (which is already a lost cause). Iran has been funding war against Israel for decades and getting away with it. Now they have 1.7 billion dollars to obliterate Israel and bring the West to its knees.

2. Secondly there have been countless *talks* for decades which are all simply hot air. Since you will NEVER get Radical Islamists and the enemies of Israel to renounce Jihad, all talks are a waste of time ans money. Talks are merely an excuse to build up armaments and military force to resume unending warfare. The only talk they understand comes out of the barrel of a gun.

3. As to building in occupied territories, Israel should re-double its efforts and get on with the business of defending itself. The whole world (practically) is against Israel, so they should do whatever is in their own national interest.

1. On that basis the USA is a rogue state as you've been involved in more wars than any other country, and have not only funded wars against Islam, you've taken part in them. Unfortunately so did the UK.

2. Talks with Egypt and Jordan brought results, if Israel engages properly with Palestinian representatives then common ground may be found.

3. I don't see how provocatively building in occupied land, evicting people from areas they've lived in for hundreds of years is in any way self defence.

Your solution of permanent warfare has never worked, there will have to be dialogue but at present everything Israel does just creates more hatred. It must be in Israels national interest to find a peaceful solution, the majority of Palestinians want peace, does Israel?

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. On that basis the USA is a rogue state as you've been involved in more wars than any other country, and have not only funded wars against Islam, you've taken part in them. Unfortunately so did the UK.

2. Talks with Egypt and Jordan brought results, if Israel engages properly with Palestinian representatives then common ground may be found.

3. I don't see how provocatively building in occupied land, evicting people from areas they've lived in for hundreds of years is in any way self defence.

Your solution of permanent warfare has never worked, there will have to be dialogue but at present everything Israel does just creates more hatred. It must be in Israels national interest to find a peaceful solution, the majority of Palestinians want peace, does Israel?

Israel has a peace plan . "Don't start none , there won't be none" !!!

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Israel deserves to exist

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement...
However, the reality today is that it does exist and millions of people live there, so it isn't going anywhere.

However, that's not a reason to give it a "free pass".
Many of the things that Israel does is completely unacceptable. The only reason they get away with it, is because the US tends to veto just about everything.

The reality is that Israel is in violation of a LOT of security council / UN rulings. And such behaviour was reason enough for the US to invade a country like Iraq.

Having enemies is not an excuse.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is understandable as DRP does NOT understand the spiritual warfare surrounding the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. It is an attempt to stop the return of the Jewish Messiah to Jerusalem, which according to Matt 23 can ONLY happen if there are New Covenant believing Jews in Jerusalem to welcome Him back.

No different than the devil inspiring Herod to kill all the children in and around Bethlehem in order to stop HIS first coming.

You are, once again, only confirming that religion is what stands in the way of peace in the middle east.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is this "International Law" you speak of. Can you mention one instance where a country has, in the past, said "Oh really? It's against international law!? I'm sorry, let me repay you and say I'm sorry".

-- Extra bonus points if that country is also as small as Israel, and where it would be giving up more than 30% of its territory.

Huh?

How about.... a country that completely ignored international law, like Israel, and which was left untouched and given a free pass by the international community?

This isn't about "hoping" that Israel changes its ways. It's about forcing them to change their ways.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This blatant antisemitism and hatred has GOT to stop. Israel is our ally. It would be despicable and cowardly to abandon our ally Israel to such hatred and bigotry.

Allies should be allowed to ignore international laws?
Allies should be given a free pass?
Just because they are allies?

You know what REALLY has to stop?
Calling it "antisemitism" every time someone points out the very real illegal conduct of Israel.

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. But as I said, it is a necessary foundation for a meaningful peace process. There is no chance of peace, ever, without two states.

I'm tempted to ask which nation you're referring to

We should be ok, he stopped doing that when we we invented the printing press and became able to effectively document events...

Of course they will. Just like the IRA stopped their attacks (they were 'never going to stop fighting until Ireland was unified')

In general, terrorists kill people in the hope of achieving political aims.

No, Christians aren't second. Most Islamists hate atheists/animists/polytheists more than they do Christians. Look at how ISIS has treated the Yazhidi, even worse than they have the Christians

Let's give the reasonable majority something to convince them not to support the hard liners. And in return, they give something back which helps to convince Israelis not to elect Likud

I do not accept that they are a 'bloodthirsty people', though I do accept the point about hate. But hate is a feeling which can change, given enough time and conciliation. I would want them to become a nation recognised by everyone (most countries already do recognise Palestine) if I thought that was a necessary part of ending the conflict between us, and ending that hate.
Could yoy stop with all the rational facts, please? It's really hard to maintain a sense of "otherness" about Palestinians when you insist on discussing them in relatable, human terms!

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you believe Zionists rule the world. Obviously you have something against Jews so you're pulling these ideas out of a unicorn's nose.
Don't believe everything you think, pal.
Don't pull the race card when you don't like what you hear.
Don't be a creep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only talk they understand comes out of the barrel of a gun.

More Zionist plans for further death and thievery. They have no plans for Peace, and make no apologies to anyone. Their whole ideology is about DEATH and CONQUEST. You've heard it in this thread. How is that any different from KKK ideology that wants to lynch every African American until there are none left, or deport them back to Africa ?

Frankly, I can't see any difference.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Don't believe everything you think, pal.
Don't pull the race card when you don't like what you hear.
Don't be a creep.

The only places I've ever seen where people say those things are commonly found on anti-Israeli, anti-Semitic conspiracy, and supremacist group websites.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0