Israel - Is it time to stop US support of this country?

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Israel couldn't exist without US support but they continue to build illegally in occupied land and to brutally suppress the Palestinians. Is it time that the US used it's influence to get Israel to comply with UN resolutions, leave illegally occupied land and give up it's illegal nuclear weapons. Friends can still be friends even when one tells the other that their behaviour is unacceptable.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imo, now would be the worst time to abandon Israel. Virtually all other countries on earth hate her, and she's surrounded by enemies that want to "drive her into the sea". Israel deserves to exist, and if, as is said in the OP, "Israel couldn't exist without US support", then it's our responsibility to continue to support her.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Imo, now would be the worst time to abandon Israel. Virtually all other countries on earth hate her, and she's surrounded by enemies that want to "drive her into the sea". Israel deserves to exist, and if, as is said in the OP, "Israel couldn't exist without US support", then it's our responsibility to continue to support her.
Why? Does the US offer such unqualified support to anyone else?

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
From my understanding of the OP, the question is more should the US use its influence to put more pressure on Israel to halt settlement on occupied land.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why? Because in my opinion, Israel are still God's people, and we are blessed by supporting her.
Well that's a great justification for a secular nation supporting anything.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Why? Because in my opinion, Israel are still God's people, and we are blessed by supporting her.

If they're "Gods people" then the all powerful God can protect them, he can do a bit of old fashioned smiting.

Government policy should not dictated by who an interpretation of who God wants to support , it should be dictated by International law and treaties between nations of all religions and all gods, including no God.

Israel are breaking UN resolutions and the US is doing nothing about it, that is raising tensions in the Middle East as is Israels treatment of Palestinians, all I'm saying is the US should use the huge influence to get Israel to follow UN resolutions and stop occupying land that was not Israel prior to their conquest of it.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
From my understanding of the OP, the question is more should the US use its influence to put more pressure on Israel to halt settlement on occupied land.
Precisely and then to have a proper process of leaving illegally occupied territories over time and restoring Israel to its original borders.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Virtually all other countries on earth hate her,
The vast majority of people in the world who hate Israel only do so because of the way Israel behaves. I accept there are people in the ME who would hate them regardless, but most of us judge them solely on their actions.
And there we have it folks, yet another example of peace being undermined by religious nonsense.

We might also ask people in Israel's neighbouring countries why they fundamentally hate Jews. Most will give religious nonsense as an answer. We could ask the Messianic Jewish settlers why they must build towns on confiscated land. They'll tell you their imaginary friend promised them the land - more religious nonsense.

If you want to know the main reason why there can't be peace in the Holy Land, you can only look to religion.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The vast majority of people in the world who hate Israel only do so because of the way Israel behaves. I accept there are people in the ME who would hate them regardless, but most of us judge them solely on their actions.

And there we have it folks, yet another example of peace being undermined by religious nonsense.

We might also ask people in Israel's neighbouring countries why they fundamentally hate Jews. Most will give religious nonsense as an answer. We could ask the Messianic Jewish settlers why they must build towns on confiscated land. They'll tell you their imaginary friend promised them the land - more religious nonsense.

If you want to know the main reason why there can't be peace in the Holy Land, you can only look to religion.

hey Oafman, we agree totally on this!

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Israel couldn't exist without US support but they continue to build illegally in occupied land and to brutally suppress the Palestinians. Is it time that the US used it's influence to get Israel to comply with UN resolutions, leave illegally occupied land and give up it's illegal nuclear weapons. Friends can still be friends even when one tells the other that their behaviour is unacceptable.
Israel has given up land for peace before and all they got in return was more violence....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Gaza.....
The IDF pulled troops out of the Gaza strip, and surrounded it. They allow no trade or travel, in or out. Gaza is the world's biggest open air prison.

And you're surprised that this did not lead to peace in the region?!

Upvote 0