"islam Is A Peacefull Religion..."

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I work in a high school and the prinicipal was just called on the carpet about quoting the exact wording from a news report, ref the recent and continuing embassy attacks, that said Islamic extremists / Islamic terrorists had attacked...

A particular teacher, who said she is Muslim, said she understood what he meant when he said it, and was not offended.

She said almost all Muslims are peaceful and that Islam is a peaceful religion.

I engaged her in conversation and said that I spent over 20 years in the military and I'm now almost 10 as a police officer and in my travels in the middle-east I found the vast majority of Muslim people were peaceful but the problem is when they refuse to rise up and stop those who are not or even speak against them.

I know there is fear and intimidation that goes on and our metal would be tested to do the same against militant "christians" if the shoe was on the other foot and our families and friends were at risk because of our stand.

I told her that and that I had studied the Qur'an and the "Five Pillars of Islam" because of my military work in that part of the world.

I told her that I have studied The Bible for 30 years and know what I believe and that my God's law is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself.

But the Qur'an has passages that say, "...if they will not convert, kill them..." and the warring, violent verses reference jihad, holy war.

She said she doesn't speak Arabic and can't be certain of all that is or is not in the Qur'an.

YET SHE CLAIMS TO BE A DEVOUT MUSLIM BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE BOOK THAT DICTATES THE PRECEPTS OF HER LIFE.

If she is to prove and refute those in Islam, who act violently, how can she when she has no idea what the Qur'an actually says?

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
just share the good news of the lord Jesus and love her in Christ Jesus.

but I know you know that :)
-----------------------------------------
I personally decided a year or two ago to never get caught up in the wave of anti Islam sentiment - not promote it either way .(Whether folk realize it or not- being pro one worldy nation and anti another worldy nation ,whoever those nations may be - is nothing but a stirring of WORLDY hatred and we must take care not to get caught up in it .
For though we are IN the world we are not OF the world .

for a while i did ..a little unwittingly ,but it creeps up on you .
'tis better, now i see, to view each individual as a soul in need of salvation and to love them as such in the love of the lord Jesus .

we will not change the world but we are called to tell it of the good news of the hope of eternal-life in Christ Jesus to all who will believe.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Islam is an antichrist religion. It specifically denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 2:22

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Islam is similar to Mormonism in that it claims to have extra-biblical revelation through the "last prophet". Both Muhammed and Joseph Smith received their "revelation" from angels. Yet the bible says this:

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

This is not a religion of peace, but an antichrist religion which breeds hatred towards Christians and Jews alike. The entire mid-east is a powerkeg ready to go off specifically because of Islam. The situation that is going on in Iran, for instance, is all based on the leaderships particular interpretation of the Qurans end time scenario. They believe that there is a messianic figure coming called the Mahdi, or the last "imam", and that they need to create the conditions for him to arrive. The problem comes in that the condition necessary to bring the Mahdi into the picture is a world war! This is the entire reason they are pursuing the atomic bomb. They are trying to start world war 3 so that their messiah figure arrives, who according to them will impose global sharia law.

Far from being a religion of peace, Islam most likely will lead us into another world war, as it looks like a conflict between Israel and Iran is inevitable. A war like that involving oil, with all of the regional and global alliances, is something which could drag the whole world into global war.

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Islam is an antichrist religion. It specifically denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

1 John 2:22

Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Islam is similar to Mormonism in that it claims to have extra-biblical revelation through the "last prophet". Both Muhammed and Joseph Smith received their "revelation" from angels. Yet the bible says this:

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

This is not a religion of peace, but an antichrist religion which breeds hatred towards Christians and Jews alike. The entire mid-east is a powerkeg ready to go off specifically because of Islam. The situation that is going on in Iran, for instance, is all based on the leaderships particular interpretation of the Qurans end time scenario. They believe that there is a messianic figure coming called the Mahdi, or the last "imam", and that they need to create the conditions for him to arrive. The problem comes in that the condition necessary to bring the Mahdi into the picture is a world war! This is the entire reason they are pursuing the atomic bomb. They are trying to start world war 3 so that their messiah figure arrives, who according to them will impose global sharia law.

Far from being a religion of peace, Islam most likely will lead us into another world war, as it looks like a conflict between Israel and Iran is inevitable. A war like that involving oil, with all of the regional and global alliances, is something which could drag the whole world into global war.

and yet a non islam nations has set out to preform war just as often .endless tit for tat worldly-spirit hatred ends in men murdering one another.

you see -it is dangerous - don't get caught up in it .it is worldly .We are not OF the world .

every religion on earth who does not recognize that God, by his word, was made manifest in the flesh, is of the Antichrist .
we will not change the world but must preach the good news -in the love of the lord Jesus - to all .
that is our only true concern

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and yet a non islam nations has set out to preform war just as often .endless tit for tat worldly-spirit hatred ends in men murdering one another.

you see -it is dangerous - don't get caught up in it .it is worldly .We are not OF the world .

every religion on earth who does not recognize that God, by his word, was made manifest in the flesh, is of the Antichrist .
we will not change the world but must preach the good news -in the love of the lord Jesus - to all .
that is our only true concern

I agree with the things you are saying here. I am not singling out Islam for anything, I am simply the describing the reality that it is from the devil and not a religion of peace, and also that it is playing a major role in the unrest in the world today. We should, as always, show respect and humility to those who are of differing faiths. Rather than tear someones beliefs down, we should lift up Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the things you are saying here. I am not singling out Islam for anything, I am simply the describing the reality that it is from the devil and not a religion of peace, and also that it is playing a major role in the unrest in the world today. We should, as always, show respect and humility to those who are of differing faiths. Rather than tear someones beliefs down, we should lift up Jesus Christ.

oh yup - haha i sometimes sound, in text, harsher then i would if you could hear the inflection in my tone .

Its just i have observed when such issues are raised that it can quickly elevate into a muslim bashing session ..or whatever "other religion" .. im leaping in early to encourage it away from that :D as its endless and doesn't promote the Gospel very well at all .

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I work in a high school and the prinicipal was just called on the carpet about quoting the exact wording from a news report, ref the recent and continuing embassy attacks, that said Islamic extremists / Islamic terrorists had attacked...

A particular teacher, who said she is Muslim, said she understood what he meant when he said it, and was not offended.

She said almost all Muslims are peaceful and that Islam is a peaceful religion.

I engaged her in conversation and said that I spent over 20 years in the military and I'm now almost 10 as a police officer and in my travels in the middle-east I found the vast majority of Muslim people were peaceful but the problem is when they refuse to rise up and stop those who are not or even speak against them.

I know there is fear and intimidation that goes on and our metal would be tested to do the same against militant "christians" if the shoe was on the other foot and our families and friends were at risk because of our stand.

I told her that and that I had studied the Qur'an and the "Five Pillars of Islam" because of my military work in that part of the world.

I told her that I have studied The Bible for 30 years and know what I believe and that my God's law is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself.

But the Qur'an has passages that say, "...if they will not convert, kill them..." and the warring, violent verses reference jihad, holy war.

She said she doesn't speak Arabic and can't be certain of all that is or is not in the Qur'an.

YET SHE CLAIMS TO BE A DEVOUT MUSLIM BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE BOOK THAT DICTATES THE PRECEPTS OF HER LIFE.

If she is to prove and refute those in Islam, who act violently, how can she when she has no idea what the Qur'an actually says?
Your conversation here reminded me of my last contract where I was teaching in a school with 90% Muslim children. One of the computer technicians was an Iraqi woman who was Muslim. She was doing her best to 'convert' me for my time there but would also come to me for a shoulder to cry on to do with her marital problems.

Eventually I shared with her how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how it is written that God is love.

She looked so confused because she'd never heard anyone speak of allah as a god of love.

As someone else wrote earlier, it is good that we're able to share the Gospel with those who are so lost. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

OldTimesCruelty

Feb 7, 2007
WI
✟7,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The so-called "radicals" are nothing more than those who follow the teachings of Islam the closest. All Muslims are compelled to wage jihad against infidels, whether militarily or otherwise, as there are but two areas in the world according to Islam; Dar-al-Islam--Land of 'Peace'/absolute submission to Allah where Sharia law reigns, and Dar-al-Harb--Land of the Sword. Muslims who do not wage jihad in some way or at the very least do not speak against or hinder jihad (the vast majority of so-called 'moderate' Muslims are silent about that subject, there have been no great outcries or condemnation of terrorism in general or even the 9/11 attacks) are the true radicals, and in Muslim-dominant countries, ones who are against jihad and speak out against it are even persecuted and killed, as this is what Muslims are compelled to do to heretics.

The number one goal of Islam is nothing less than world domination, which is very clearly laid out in the Koran. We are at war with Islam, and if we are ever going to get anywhere with it, our government and country as a whole needs to recognize this...though I really can't see this ever happening as we are too set on this self-destructive path to move away from it.

(I apologize for any references that I cannot think of where exactly a consolidated list of information could be found. It is pretty involved stuff that anyone would be hard-pressed to find in any singular place. Also I am sorry if any of this comes across as rambling, I am just writing things as I think of them.)

Examples of how war is being waged against us include:

*infiltration of our government to change national policies in favor of Islam, even including the DoD ordering the removal of ALL references to Islam and anything that is offensive to it in our anti-terrorist military/police training...I really wonder what little there is left in that training any more. There are a lot of people with connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorism-affiliated groups in high places in our government, as well as people who are very close to and influenced by them. There are a whopping FIVE congressmen trying to bring attention to this. Everyone else either ignores it/deflects the issue because they are too spineless to talk about it, their political career is too important to them as doing so would ruin their ability to remain in office, not to mention proving to be very incriminating for those who are involved in terrorist connections.

*lying about what Islam is really about in order to get people to become complacent and blind to what they are doing, which is the doctrine of Taqiyya--hence the whole religion of peace/tolerance/etc. crap that is constantly being shoved down our throats by US media and also publicity fronts of terrorism such as CAIR and ISNA, which have been proven to fund and receive funding by Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc. during the Holy Land Foundation investigation, and yet our government allows such organizations to exist and do whatever they want.

*infiltration of our educational system (both public and private), teaching kids in ways that favor Sharia law and jihad, showing Islam in a positive light. This has not spread terribly far at this point but it will only get worse. This of course contradicts the policy that no religion should be promoted in school teaching, but nothing is done about it, there is far too much liberal hypocritical influence, as liberals' version of 'tolerance' is very much the same as how Muslims view 'tolerance,' meaning tolerate what we want or else. Christianity is looked down upon as being horrible and intolerant (i.e. painting us with broad brushes based on the idiots who are not Christian at all like Wesboro Baptist Church, getting hung up on severe misunderstanding of the crusades--very few people in general have any real knowledge of them as there is a lot of revisionist history flying around, not understanding what the Old and New Covenants are and having zero knowledge of any biblical context, thus portraying Old Testament times as barbaric, denigrating the reliability/historicity of the bible and even the existence of Christ even though there is far more proof for all of that than of ANY writing in existence including ones with barely any or unreliable proofs/manuscripts/etc. that are widely accepted without question, and so on) and yet Islam is portrayed very positively.

*one that is unfortunately largely unavoidable currently: oil consumption. Much of the profits they receive from oil we buy from Muslim-dominant countries goes toward funding terrorism. Whenever we buy gas for our cars (unless it is from the US or Canada, which is extremely unlikely due to our government's policies on drilling) or any other product derived from oil such as plastic, we are indirectly supporting terrorism. One of the biggest harbourers of terrorism (and the country where most of the 9/11 attackers were from) is actually one of our 'allies'--Saudi Arabia, because of all the oil they have. And our government actually sells military equipment to them, even including fighter jets. We sell them the weapons and provide them the funding to kill our troops over there because of the massive amounts of oil this country needs to run.

*terrorist training camps IN THE US that our government merely "keeps an eye on" where people are taught guerrilla warfare tactics, making IEDs, conducting training assaults on civilian buildings, and so on.

*the radicalization of many prison inmates, especially black people who have been found to more readily accept Islam in that environment. Korans, jihadist writings, and personal teaching of the practices of jihad is allowed to go unhindered.

*and last but certainly not least, all of the many terrorist attacks against us and our allies (especially Israel). These should be considered acts of war but we have such a wimpy government currently that they go along with the lies that terrorists are just a fringe group. This website has a ton of information about terrorist attacks, understanding Islam, current events showing the sorry state of things here and abroad, and I believe of particular interest to people of this forum, large lists they publish each month about the persecution of Christians worldwide by Islam--vandalism, rape, murder, seducing Christian girls with promises of acceptance and living a better life only to force them to become sex slaves passed around like a joint, burnings of houses and churches, even calls by leading imams (the highest spiritual authorities of Islam) to destroy all churches and murder all Christians in certain countries.

Islam is a religion of 'peace' as in peace on their terms. There are only three means of achieving 'peace' in Islam: remitting your faith and converting, submitting yourself to dhimmitude (servitude), which includes paying a tax and being viewed/treated as less than pig excrement, or imprisonment/torture/execution of you and your family if you do not do either of the first two (this includes atheists as well, everyone who is not a Muslim is an infidel).

This article provides a lot of information about the underpinnings of all this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JonahGirl

Feb 9, 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't have enough information on Islam to make an intelligent statement about that religion, but I feel I must point out that people say every one of those things about Christianity and Christians. The Old Testament speaks about war and violence being condoned by God, even asked for by God, and people are to be killed for sinning. Many Christians don't read the OT, so any intelligent arguments for or against it would be impossible. Many Christians have also made/still make the religion look really bad by doing awful things in the name of God.

Many people judge Christianity and even become atheists for this very reason. I don't want to judge another religion in the same way without some really good proof. There are "good" people and there are "bad" people in every group on earth. Most of the time it is a comment on people and not the group.

If this woman wants to convince other people of a truth about her religion, she does need to be more knowledgeable about it.

Reactions: Jeffrey Reidy
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't have enough information on Islam to make an intelligent statement about that religion, but I feel I must point out that people say every one of those things about Christianity and Christians. The Old Testament speaks about war and violence being condoned by God, even asked for by God, and people are to be killed for sinning. Many Christians don't read the OT, so any intelligent arguments for or against it would be impossible. Many Christians have also made/still make the religion look really bad by doing awful things in the name of God.

Many people judge Christianity and even become atheists for this very reason. I don't want to judge another religion in the same way without some really good proof. There are "good" people and there are "bad" people in every group on earth. Most of the time it is a comment on people and not the group.

If this woman wants to convince other people of a truth about her religion, she does need to be more knowledgeable about it.

Jesus took the OT teaching to another level. Don't ever despise and then get angry at a person but forgive replaced 'don't murder', don't engage in wrong sexual thoughts about another man's wife, replaced 'don't commit adultery'. We are to 'love our enemies' and pray for them. God's story was progressive and we must understand it from that basis.

I agree there are lovely people across all religious groups. One of my clients is a gracious Imam. The key issue though is Jesus. His life, death and resurrection were unique.

John
NZ

Upvote 0