Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah wrote about YHWH’s dislike of animal sacrifice:

Isaiah 66:1 (WEB) Yahweh says,

“Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build to me?
Where will I rest?
2 For my hand has made all these things,
and so all these things came to be,” says Yahweh:
“but I will look to this man,
even to he who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
and who trembles at my word.
3 He who kills an ox is as he who kills a man;
he who sacrifices a lamb, as he who breaks a dog’s neck;
he who offers an offering, as he who offers pig’s blood;
he who burns frankincense, as he who blesses an idol.
Yes, they have chosen their own ways,
and their soul delights in their abominations...”

A prophesy about the coming of a new heaven and earth:

Isaiah 66:22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me,” says Yahweh, “so your offspring and your name shall remain.

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you explain this in the context of the Torah commanding animal sacrifices?

Animal sacrifices where put in place pointing to the savior to come (Jesus). The sanctuary system was an earthly example of the way to salvation with that being through the savior to come.

Once Jesus came and gave His life on the cross ... He was the REAL atoning sacrifice for all people for all time and is our High Priest ministering from the REAL sanctuary in heaven.

Hebrews 9:26-28

For then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Animal sacrifices where put in place pointing to the savior to come (Jesus). The sanctuary system was an earthly example of the way to salvation with that being through the savior to come.

Once Jesus came and gave His life on the cross ... He was the REAL atoning sacrifice for all people for all time and is our High Priest ministering from the REAL sanctuary in heaven.

For then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
God did not ask for Jesus’ crucifixion. God does not ask for animal sacrifice.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The earthly sanctuary (past) that was put in place and where sacrifices were carried out was indeed put in place by God as He told Moses to build a sanctuary and was very detailed on how that was to be done and what was to take place within it.

God did not ask for Jesus’ crucifixion.

Nor did I say this .... I said Jesus laid down His life (willingly)

Earthly sanctuary systems (such as in the days before Christ) are no longer needed.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The earthly sanctuary (past) that was put in place and where sacrifices were carried out was indeed put in place by God as He told Moses to build a sanctuary and was very detailed on how that was to be done and what was to take place within it.

Nor did I say this .... I said Jesus laid down His life (willingly)

Earthly sanctuary systems (such as in the days before Christ) are no longer needed.
I am not sure about your first statement, but I agree with your second statement.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Totally correct. I'm not sure what those other following posts are about.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Most certainly did require animal sacrifices ... go read the book of Exodus in the OT. Actually began with Noah.

God did not ask for Jesus’ crucifixion

Jesus laid down His life for us willingly.

Upvote 0