Is yoga sin?

J

John_Galt

Although each denomination has their own way of interpreting the Bible...

The Bible says that Christians are not to engage in pagan religious practices. If your denomination doesn't get that, then you need to find another denomination.

You have to decide whether you're going to honor God's Word in your life, and whether or not you're going to do those things that are conducive to growth in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
just explain, exactly, thoroughly, with extensive researsh details, statistic, numbers, and analytical data and by using the scientific method, how practicing Yoga is a sin? You cant.

Monopoly, football, and mcdonalds weren't invented by God, or Christianity; does this mean these things are pagan? Well, following your line of logic, they are....

Upvote 0
J

John_Galt

just explain, exactly, thoroughly, with extensive researsh details, statistic, numbers, and analytical data and by using the scientific method, how practicing Yoga is a sin? You cant.

Monopoly, football, and mcdonalds weren't invented by God, or Christianity; does this mean these things are pagan? Well, following your line of logic, they are....

Like I said, Christians have to decide whether or not you're going to take the Bible seriously. Clearly, you have decided that you're not.

So you go right ahead and do yoga to your little heart's content.

Upvote 0

Aradia

Apr 10, 2003
Visit site
✟16,069.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single

*sigh* Sadly, you are both right, and both wrong. It would behoove both of you to actually learn about what yoga really is.

Yoga as exercise is not a sin.
Yoga as hindu religious practice most certainly is, in at least a moderately conservative christian theology.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
*sigh* Sadly, you are both right, and both wrong. It would behoove both of you to actually learn about what yoga really is.

Yoga as exercise is not a sin.
Yoga as hindu religious practice most certainly is, in at least a moderately conservative christian theology.

Leave, leave now while you still can. You seem rational. That is not welcome on the internet. It is too late for me, save yourself;)

Reactions: kittycat7
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, Christians have to decide whether or not you're going to take the Bible seriously. Clearly, you have decided that you're not.

I suppose so, since I don't choose to murder homosexuals, or stone children, obviously.

So you go right ahead and do yoga to your little heart's content.

Of course I will. You go ahead and be a xenophobe to your "heart's" content.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Half of Christianity is pagan with a facelift.

Well, yeah. But Christmas trees and Hollowe'en and Easter eggs are fun! Those can't be bad, because we do them every year. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudbyday90

cloudbyday90
Feb 6, 2011
Indiana
✟7,853.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, yeah. But Christmas trees and Hollowe'en and Easter eggs are fun! Those can't be bad, because we do them every year. lol

Yea, you are right... most of the Christian traditions have come from pagan religions that we have adopted. But as far as yoga goes, exercising is fine, but I wouldn't go into meditation.

Upvote 0