Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's just it though. They have had plenty of time. And they acknowledge Vista is full of mistakes. The critics more or less hate it...
Nah, I'd say stick with XP for the foreseeable future. Maybe go to Vista if MS stops delivering fixes for XP. And then, if XP lives long enough, go straight to Windows seven in a couple of years. If you don't switch to something else, like Linux, in between.
I think Vista is great. :) I generally use Linux, but I use Vista sometimes... it works well, and looks amazing. :) The only problem I had is with my internet connection... it didn't recognize my router's DHCP and I had to manually enter the IP address and stuff. On the same computer, XP and Linux had no problems automatically connecting to the internet.

Upvote 0

visio

May 24, 2007
New York
✟7,718.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just dumped vista from my brand new laptop and went back to XP. Screamin fast laptop but Vista sucks

Upgrade to 4gb of ram and it should run... seriously Vista is the largest memory hog ever... it is worthless junk, MS keeps spitting this junk at us and we keep taking it.
Computers keep getting better, faster, more memory and then MS creates a new os which hogs all of it so we basically find ourselves back down to the same speed.

If you do not have more than a gig of ram you will have major issues with Vista... don't try and run it with MS office 2007 or it will crash.
XP finally works well... stick with it, we don't need Vista.

Reactions: wolfman544
Upvote 0