timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many Christians genuinely believe to be touched and guided by the Holy Spirit and yet, differ from one another by their interpretation of scriptures.

We are not talking of just one teaching but MANY. And if one is right, the rest would be wrong. The majority would be wrong. They can't be all correct since they interpret scriptures differently.

Ironically, the majority of Christians could never seem to accept the possibility they are wrong. It's a human flaw they have a hard time getting rid of - pride / arrogance.

This would mean the possibility that the majority of Christians would be living a life according to what they believe is right but is wrong / false / unacceptable to Christ.

This is a serious problem.

It would ironically fulfill what Christ said in the Bible - only few will find the way which leads to life and He would turn away many who claims to know Him in the judgement.

Their hearts hardened with pride and arrogance they can't be wrong. An attitude that leads one away from the truth and into false teachings.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Show us the way, timewerx.

Every Christian claims to have the Truth and Spirit and yet, differ in understanding of the scriptures, worse, some of these are in contradiction so they can't be both true.

This is a fundamental fact of all religions. To be indifferent to this is either pride or laziness or worldliness (Cares more for worldly concerns, distractions of life in this world, and pleasure than seeking the Truth)

It's hard to trust anyone in this regard. I can't show you the way. This is probably something you'll have to figure out on your own:

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Upvote 0

Gordon Wright

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
✟17,383.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is one of the things that causes me to distrust Christendom. I was once in a restorationist church - one that thought we could bring back the New Testament church and that it needed bringing back. I watched this movement fail miserably and concluded that the New Testament church cannot be brought back.

This has implications regarding the working of the Holy Spirit in our times. To wit: the various Bible verses on this subject don't necessarily apply to our day and age. Read then all in the past tense, just like the Mosaic regulations. And if it looks like the Holy Spirit isn't actively correcting errors, that's because the Holy Spirit is no longer actively correcting errors. The Apostles held the New Testament church together and nipped heresies in the bud, preventing denominations. But the Apostles are long gone now.

If you can accept this, it explains an awful lot of how churches go wrong despite - or perhaps even because of - their best efforts.

The trouble with following your own inclinations is you might be wrong. The trouble with following leaders is they might be wrong. In the end, all we can do is make our best effort and trust to divine grace. That's humility. Sincerity before God. It's all we've got. Don't presume you're right, but don't second guess yourself either. Just do what is in your heart, and see what happens. Trust God to sort it out.

(If the Rapture happened late in the first century AD, would we know? Maybe we're all left behind.)

Upvote 0