United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BubbaJack said:
It means our suspicions that DNC and GOP are all a big fam, Trump is the outsider.

What has that got to do with the failure of the AHCA?

Nothing at all. But what did you expect him to say?

His guys stumbled around and couldn't even pass a bill with a 22-vote majority. Too partisan to compromise, too weak to govern.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone did the math how much of the government the republican party must control to actually get stuff done?

Would adding a fourth Stooge to the Three Stooges have made them more effective?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Trump was one of the Three Stooges, which one would he be? Which one would be Ryan, and which one would be McConnell?
Larry Trump

MV5BMTQ4MDQ5MzUxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc5NjcxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm gonna be the one to defend Trump here. The real problem is those losers in congress, and those "so-called" judges in the judiciary. They're useless morons who only weigh Trump down. I propose getting rid of both congress and the judiciary so that Trump can be the effective leader he was elected to be.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What is going on is that both parties are experiencing a paradigm shift, with the Democrats being further behind than the Republicans on the process. The Republicans are going to continue to move towards populism , and the Democrats will either become centrist or move further left. If they do the latter, then they may be replaced by the Libertarians.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you bring this up on here or social media, the default responses are
"He's only been in office 20/30/60 days, give him time"
or
"Obama left him with a mess" (the go-to argument for folks who don't know the difference between debt and deficit)

However, they were the same folks who were condescendingly saying "haha how's the hope and change going??? looks like he's not so great after all!" 3 days into Obama's first term, and immediately blamed him for every deficit issue that was already there when he took over.

Apparently "gotta give him time to change things" and "some fiscal problems can be leftovers from the previous guy" are concepts that only exist in their minds if the current president is a republican, and the previous one was a democrat...
Thing is I was willing to give Trump time. Then he started rolling out horrible action one after another. He's thoroughly demonstrated himself to be even worse than feared. I'm really hoping we don't have to endure ~46 more months of this monster, its already been too much wasted time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

777Sloan

It's Okay To Be White
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
United States
✟49,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Given that all these OP stories are linked to fake news outlet, CNN, who's sole purpose right now is to take Trump down, there's no reason to pay much attention to this.

Certainly a thoughtful consideration; propaganda outlets haven't tended to be known for their dispassionate pursuit of truth.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Certainly a thoughtful consideration; propaganda outlets haven't tended to be known for their dispassionate pursuit of truth.
This isn't fake news. It isn't even news, it is an opinion piece. You can disagree with an opinion, but you can't declare it fake.

Upvote 0

777Sloan

It's Okay To Be White
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
United States
✟49,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thing is I was willing to give Trump time. Then he started rolling out horrible action one after another. He's thoroughly demonstrated himself to be even worse than feared. I'm really hoping we don't have to endure ~46 more months of this monster, its already been too much wasted time.

Oh? That is unfortunate. I am personally quite excited to see what he has in store for both the US, and the world, that is yet to come.

I sense good things on the horizon, and that orange glow isn't brought about solely from the coming of a new dawn...no...no...my friends, that Orange tinge shining through rose-colored lens has but one other identity...

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
With control of the White House, the Senate and the House, who would have thought that that the Republicans were so divided that they couldn't even recall and replace the Democrat's signature legacy - Obamacare?

Trumpcare placed the Freedom Caucus on a collision course with "The Donald" and Speaker Ryan - with the latter "blinked" first!

Does anybody think that the Freedom Caucus won't be further emboldened, demanding even more concessions concerning Tax Reform legislation - concessions that moderate Republicans will be unwilling to support?

The real question is whether the American electorate will be willing to continue rewarding Republicans with majorities in the House and Senate in 2018, if they are unable to get their act together!

Last edited:
Upvote 0