Is This What "Christianity" Has Come To?

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
We shouldn't overstate that problem as many Christians and Christian organizations do help the poor.
Even ministries like Copeland's spend millions helping the poor, but they are in a position to do so much more and don't.

Well, Copeland could have taken that 36 million he spent on his jet, and built housing for the homeless. Same as Franklin Graham could do with is millions, or Pat Robertson, or Joel Osteen, Or Jerry Falwell Jr., and the list is endless. Then there are the billions in the bank of the Vatican while the countries that are highly RCC have the greatest poverty.

Top 15 Richest and most Successful Pastors In the World (We promise that #1 will shock you)

Is that what Christianity is all about? If so, why should one believe in it?

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, Copeland could have taken that 36 million he spent on his jet, and built housing for the homeless. Same as Franklin Graham could do with is millions, or Pat Robertson, or Joel Osteen, Or Jerry Falwell Jr., and the list is endless. Then there are the billions in the bank of the Vatican while the countries that are highly RCC have the greatest poverty.

Top 15 Richest and most Successful Pastors In the World (We promise that #1 will shock you)

Is that what Christianity is all about? If so, why should one believe in it?

This is a strange religion; The Word of God is clear about what to do with riches. A minister's salary should come from the people, butthe excess should be stored away for the community.

10% on the increase of the land, not 10% of capital gains. However, if people want to tithe fiat money, they should have a trustworthy enough minister who would put that money away for the community - for when Sister Ethel needs help for surgery, or when Brother Michael needs book and computer money to go to university. The minister should definitely have enough to help in times of famine or low yield.

Since a minister is God's employee, He is supposed to have faith the Most High God will provide for Him. This is why 10% of the increase of the land is the actual tithe - because God is doing the increase, and therefore it was up to the people to give 10% of that increase to the House of God. A minister is supposed to be ascetic in a way, because they are an antenna to the Most High, and they [should] know their reward is being stored in Heaven. In fact, a minister should be terribly annoyed and disgusted with the trinkets of this world - and to want desperately for the Father to restore what He promised. This world as it is would likely be revolting; a G5 or G6 to spread the word of the Most High God when the internet exists? Hmm...

In a way, the ministers are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. They are acting as agents who are there to test the hearts of the people.

Everyone is responsible for their own spiritual trajectory.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In a way, the ministers are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. They are acting as agents who are there to test the hearts of the people.

Everyone is responsible for their own spiritual trajectory.

Ezekiel 3: 16-21

"And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 'Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.' "

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 3: 16-21

"And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 'Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.' "

Yeah...

I was being serious when I said pray for those who are finding his gulfstream.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
And how many will be deceived that might have been saved following that philosophy rather then exposing false teachers, and prophets, as God also commands?

The Scripture I used still holds true, the elect will not be deceived.
Not to worry.

Maybe if this is such a bother to you, you ought to do something about it, like going on a campaign to expose those false Televangelists for what they are.

Upvote 0

Old Trapper

Jan 25, 2018
La Pine, Oregon
✟14,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Scripture I used still holds true, the elect will not be deceived.
Not to worry.

Maybe if this is such a bother to you, you ought to do something about it, like going on a campaign to expose those false Televangelists for what they are.

Tried that years ago. Like now people are not really interested in what God has to say as long as they get their "ears tickled" by some charlatan.

Question to you should be why are you not bothered by it?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Tried that years ago. Like now people are not really interested in what God has to say as long as they get their "ears tickled" by some charlatan.

Question to you should be why are you not bothered by it?

A very wise person once said....quote

"Like now people are not really interested in what God has to say as long as they get their "ears tickled" by some charlatan."

Mainly because of the Scripture which I initially posted, I know and understand that not everyone who says Lord Lord,....not everyone is going to make it, and to beat your head against a wall of resistance isn't going to change anything.

Then there is, I haven't been called into a Ministry to do what you seem to think is lacking, like I said before, if it bothers you so much.........just maybe you do have a Ministry waiting for you to pick up, maybe everything is waiting on you.

Just sayin.

Have a good one.

Upvote 0