In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Creepy.... I agree.

Catalysts for sprites I say.

Explanations? Read "Beyond the Quantum" by Michael Talbot. It gives a more scientific explanation, but it intrudes into interdimensional quantum mechanics, which could very well work through the psyche of a person or persons in that house.

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
S4C is a Welsh TV company who broadcasts exclusively in Welsh. Our film was shown on their main TV show in the evening, then repeated on the lunchtime slot the next day. It was quite funny as we only understood about one word in 100, not being Welsh speakers! Our phenomena is covered from time to time by the media, local and National. We even feature on the Discovery Channel, I believe. An American movie company contacted us about 4 years ago with view to making a movie about our home, and were prepared to pay mega bucks. However, when we asked how they proposed to handle the story it was so awful, we declined. They were going to have actors playing the Virgin Mary and our spooks, YUCK!! the story is so remarkable anyway, it doesn't need Hollywood type, and we have to live here when the film crew has left!!!

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have lots of photos, jen.

This cross of ice was found on the drive one frosty day two years ago!

Attachments

• Cross of ice1.jpg
    Cross of ice1.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0

Mr Hako

Mar 10, 2004
✟179.00
Faith
Methodist
Sorry for being negative here, but I just don't believe these "phenomena" have a supernatural explanation. The world is full of things we cannot YET explain. Phenomena that were once considered miracles, now have perfectly rational explanations.

Human brains are wonderful at noticing shapes and patterns that are helpful for the brain's continued existence. We are hard-wired to see and recognize human faces. Human's help us, feed us, protect us - it's a good idea for the brain to remember what one looks like.

Just like a baby duckling following the first thing it sees; the first thing most humans learn to recognize is their mother's face. The face belongs to something that protects the baby - it's worth remembering more than ANYTHING else. Hence we can resolve faces in clouds, in trees, in the creases of a curtain, on the shadows of Mars, when there is nothing really there. We NEED to see faces. The same logic applies to recognizable shapes (crucifixes etc).

Phenomena caused without any involvement of the fundamental physical forces are miracles. If your phenomena are genuine miracles, you have discovered, or are privy to a whole new, unknown, branch of physics. Such a force that can create movement and temperature change will change the world fundamentaly and in ways we cannot imagine. If harnessed there would be no more power stations, global warming, oil wars. You could be up for a nobel prize; and potentially could earn billions. Think of all the poor poeple you could help with that money.

And, sorry to uspet you Shamen, I thought forums were for discussing things, and sharing your views and opinions, even if you believe things to be blatantly untrue. Shamen, you asked for constructive criticism, I hope I have given it here. Please feel free to believe whatever you want, and don't feel I am trying to persuade you otherwise. Freedom of choice and opinion is a wonderful "gift" humans have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

starry emzy

On Fire For God!!!!!
Apr 12, 2004
Australia
✟15,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hey mate sorry i don't know what it is but when i went to open one of the thumbnail pictures something told me not to look at it, my heart started beating so fast and like a panic i got out of it... wether it has something to do with the pic i don't know but i feel that there is something not right about it all :)

i'm not questioning u in any way,

God Bless em

Upvote 0

alidansma

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Mr Hako, though I do agree with you about people being predisposed to see faces...they are not genetically predisposed to see words...I will admit when I am wandering around my yard here in the desert, sometimes I find rocks in the shape of a heart, and that isn't unusual, sometimes they even look like a letter, like a L or a P, but if I was walking through my yard and found a rock with a WORD on it - that would be different. Simple shapes and faces, I would be prepared to dismiss...but words are a different thing altogether.

For a scientific explination, have you tried changing the temperature? Maybe a lot of stuff showed up with the camera crew there due to the heat from the lamps and equipment. If it was some sort of oil or grease, maybe change in temperature causes it to appear, also could account for the speed at which things show up...or it could be humidity based. Maybe the stone has trace fragments of gypsum or lime or something that reacts with moisture, that could also change quickly or slowly depending on conditions.

I am not trying to discredit your story in the least, I think it is amazing stuff. but if you are looking for an explination, I would try those two ideas first...

In the end there is no reason why supernatural forces wouldn't use natural means to communicate, whatever you have there - it is interesting!

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is quite amazing. The important thing is that when unexplained issues like this raise their head - that they do not distract us from our salvation.

Like you say - they are merely unexplained and we are awaiting science to catch up. It is great to be able to discuss possible causes and see how far on or off the mark we were when the explaination is found.

Praise God that you and your family are not harmed by this and that you keep looking to God.

BTW - have you and your husband seen the movie - The Passion? How did this affect you based on the nature of the picture?

Upvote 0

Sonifo

fotographer
Mar 23, 2004
Visit site
✟244.00
Faith
Baptist
Mr Hako said:
Sorry for being negative here, but I just don't believe these "phenomena" have a supernatural explanation. The world is full of things we cannot YET explain. Phenomena that were once considered miracles, now have perfectly rational explanations.

Human brains are wonderful at noticing shapes and patterns that are helpful for the brain's continued existence. We are hard-wired to see and recognize human faces. Human's help us, feed us, protect us - it's a good idea for the brain to remember what one looks like.

Just like a baby duckling following the first thing it sees; the first thing most humans learn to recognize is their mother's face. The face belongs to something that protects the baby - it's worth remembering more than ANYTHING else. Hence we can resolve faces in clouds, in trees, in the creases of a curtain, on the shadows of Mars, when there is nothing really there. We NEED to see faces. The same logic applies to recognizable shapes (crucifixes etc).

Phenomena caused without any involvement of the fundamental physical forces are miracles. If your phenomena are genuine miracles, you have discovered, or are privy to a whole new, unknown, branch of physics. Such a force that can create movement and temperature change will change the world fundamentaly and in ways we cannot imagine. If harnessed there would be no more power stations, global warming, oil wars. You could be up for a nobel prize; and potentially could earn billions. Think of all the poor poeple you could help with that money.

And, sorry to uspet you Shamen, I thought forums were for discussing things, and sharing your views and opinions, even if you believe things to be blatantly untrue. Shamen, you asked for constructive criticism, I hope I have given it here. Please feel free to believe whatever you want, and don't feel I am trying to persuade you otherwise. Freedom of choice and opinion is a wonderful "gift" humans have.

hmmm...kind of sounds intelligent, but it is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. Sorry, but you folks really need to look at life differently. It is really simple. Life is not hard to understand at all. The scientist in this world today are guessing at everything. They make things harder then what they really are.

Stop, take a look at it and then ask God!

Good site to browse http://www.creationmoments.com Great place to see a Christian view.

A scientist have NO proof for any of their beliefs. It is all guessing.

About us needed to see faces: That is just our imaginations running wild. Boy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pimorton

May 13, 2004
Ohio
✟1,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't normally put much stock in such things, but that picture quite clearly shows something that could be said to resemble what many believe the crucified Christ looked like. (Well, maybe the about-to-be-crucified Christ; afterward he would not have been recognizable.)
The real question you should be asking, though, is does seeing this image do anything for your faith?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I had something like that happen to me when I was a new christian. I sat up in my sleep and that woke me up. Something that had never happened to me before and it has never happened to me sense then, that I would sit up like that while I was still asleep. Usually you wake up before you sit up. Then I noticed a shaddow on the wall that looked just like Jesus. I looked at it for a long time. Later on I figured out that the shaddow was made by the street light outside and the blinds on the window. But that was the only time it was there. I looked the next night and it was not there anymore.

Upvote 0