Is this story related to the Mark of the Beast?

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be a bit vitriolic in your posts. It’s just a discussion. And I didn’t say that the different word didn’t mean anything. I said it doesn’t change anything. And you keep avoiding the question at hand. When were the disciples persecuted and handed over to the courts and scourged in the synagogues? What that before or after His ascension?

I am not avoiding the question.
The mission commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 was not completed until about 3 years after His coming as the Messiah, and His ascension.

See Galatians 1:14-18 if you have any doubts.

He said He would come before their mission was completed.

Making accusations sometimes occurs when a person's Bible doctrine does not agree with the text.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am not avoiding the question.
The mission commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 was not completed until about 3 years after His coming as the Messiah, and His ascension.

See Galatians 1:14-18 if you have any doubts.

That reference says nothing about all of the cities in Israel being visited by the disciples. But if it had, that would mean that Jesus was wrong.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That reference says nothing about all of the cities in Israel being visited by the disciples. But if it had, that would mean that Jesus was wrong.

In the verse below Paul said the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews.
When was this period of time, and how long did it last?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The answer is found in Matthew 10:5-7, and Acts of the Apostles 10:36-38, and Galatians 1:14-18.

These passages reveal the mission commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 was not completed until after He came as the Messiah.

Paul did not go up to see Peter until about 3 years after his conversion.
During that time the Gospel continued to go mainly to Israel.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In the verse below Paul said the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews.
When was this period of time, and how long did it last?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The answer is found in Matthew 10:5-7, and Acts of the Apostles 10:36-38, and Galatians 1:14-18.

These passages reveal the mission commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 was not completed until after He came as the Messiah.

But what did Jesus say? He didn’t say that He would come before the gospel was taken to the Jews.

“But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.
— Matthew 10:23

They could still bring the gospel to Jews before actually going through all of the cities.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.
Matthew 10:23

They could still bring the gospel to Jews before actually going through all of the cities.

Are you trying to say the Gospel was not taken to any of the cities, until the Gospel had been taken to all of the cities?

If a circuit riding preacher is taking the Gospel to several cities, he preaches the Gospel as he goes along from city to city.

What you are claiming is not found in Matthew 10.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to say the Gospel was not taken to any of the cities, until the Gospel had been taken to all of the cities?

If a circuit riding preacher is taking the Gospel to several cities, he preaches the Gospel as he goes along from city to city.

What you are claiming is not found in Matthew 10.

No, I’m claiming what Jesus said, that they would not finish going through the cities before He came.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I’m claiming what Jesus said, that they would not finish going through the cities before He came.

You are correct.

The Bible says they did not finish going through all of the cities commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 before He came as the Messiah, and was killed to fulfill the New Covenant.

They finished their mission after He came as the Messiah and was sacrificed at Calvary.

What part of this do you not understand?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You have to understand that the sower of the field would know what he’s doing. So this means that he had a full field of wheat. Adding tares does nothing to affect that. Plus, if you go to the beginning of chapter 13, you’ll see that in those three examples that the kingdom is immense.
The sower sows while on earth. The Lamb does not sow from a remote location. The Lamb will be on earth when this wheat is sown and harvested. Still future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I’ll throw this in for fun.

You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. “But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.
— Matthew 10:22-23
They stopped moving from city to city. No one was chasing them.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You are correct.

The Bible says they did not finish going through all of the cities commanded in Matthew 10:5-7 before He came as the Messiah, and was killed to fulfill the New Covenant.

They finished their mission after He came as the Messiah and was sacrificed at Calvary.

What part of this do you not understand?

That’s is such a twist of the text. Jesus was Messiah when He told them that. Proof?

— Matthew 10:23

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
— Matthew 16:15-17

This whole exchange leads me to believe that you can see the clear message of Matt 10, but it doesn’t fit your eschatology so you have to use the mental gymnastics to make it fit.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The sower sows while on earth. The Lamb does not sow from a remote location. The Lamb will be on earth when this wheat is sown and harvested. Still future.
The seed is the gospel. It’s going out even today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The seed is the gospel. It’s going out even today.
The parable was given to His people, not the church. May be a typical as in type or symbolic, but Jesus was talking about Himself sowing the seed, not the church.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The parable was given to His people, not the church. May be a typical as in type or symbolic, but Jesus was talking about Himself sowing the seed, not the church.
It’s a kingdom parable. So it’s applicable for all time.

Upvote 0